Official 2018 J. League Transfers and Rumors thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by Radu Razvan, Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    ... and there is a rumor surfacing about Kiyotake to Oita.

2. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Suzuki and Iwasaki should be direct replacements for Tokura and Miyoshi.

Suzuki is younger and more versatile than Tokura, I see him as a long-term player for Consadole who had cut down many veterans: Kawai, Inamoto, Yokoyama, Kikuchi, and Uchimura, their squad will be much younger and this will serve them in the long-term.

Miyoshi might be loaned out again this season with Cerezo being one of the possible destinatons.

nipponbasse83 and naopon repped this.
  3. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Yeah could be. But Suzuki doesn't pose the same aerial threat as Tokura, and that have been one of their strengths these last couple of seasons. A buttload of their goals have come from headers after either crosses, freekicks or corner kicks. And they still got top quality players on both sides, so I don't think that will stop.

Jay will probably be the preferred choice then (like most of this season), but although he's strong and big he's not as dominant in the air as Tokura was.

I would have loved to see Miyoshi as a permanent player for Consadole. He could be a good fit at Cerezo too, but I wonder why Kawasaki doesnt wanna use him for themselves.

4. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Regarding Miyoshi, I don’t think Frontale see him as a starter for a J1- or ACL champion at the moment and want to make sure he gets minutes. On this I agree although I want to see what he can do, but the league MVP is hard to unseat. On a related note we don’t yet know if Itakura will be back in 2019.

nipponbasse83 repped this.
  5. Yasukuni_God

Yasukuni_God Red Card

Jun 4, 2018
    http://web.ultra-soccer.jp/news/view?news_no=339129

Torres stays at Sagan Tosu.

He didn't score much because of Sagan's ultra defensive style (They conceded the second fewest goals in the league) but he did lots of other things to help the team. After his arrival, Sagan doubled their points per game.

Sagan fans were touched that a star like Torres ran so hard every week for a club in a small town of 70000 people.

He visited a local elementary school in Tosu after the season.

[​IMG]

Samurai Warrior and seolseol repped this.
  6. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    And he made Sagan's media exposure like 10 times bigger.

Samurai Warrior and Yasukuni_God repped this.
  7. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think they have good chance of going down also next season.
    Their pick for the new manager... meh.

8. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Yeah, his accolade so far isnt exactly overwhelming. But the Spanish influence is getting stronger in Japan, and he might turn out to be a good fit.

And a good track record in a different country doesnt necessarily means you will do good in Japan. Look at all those Brazilian coaches with success back home that have tried and failed over the years.

Samurai Warrior repped this.