Official: 2017 Rumor and Roster Moves Thread

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by ragbone, Nov 6, 2016.

1. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    #2576 skydog, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    I don't agree about the effort on the 2nd goal. In the 2nd frame I posted above you can see our entire midfield in a full out sprint trying like hell to get behind the ball. The problem on this goal wasn't lack of effort after the turnover - it was the horrible positioning before the turnover. Both cm's were pushed up and provided neither cover for the rest of the mids nor a connection between the back line and the rest of the team. Pedros poor decision to further take himself out of the play compounded the mistake.

In fact the effort point brings up a secondary cost of bad positioning and bad decision making - players having to put out more physical effort and wearing themselves out with repeated recovery runs and mindless ball chasing. Just because a chicken is headless doesn't mean it doesn't get tired.

In the first goal there was definitely lack of effort by Husidic. The rest of our contribution was just a string of mental and physical mistakes.

73Bruin, barroldinho, TrickHog and 2 others repped this.
  2. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not necessarily just looking at after the turnover. I'm talking about the bad positioning, poor decisions, movement and bad passes leading to turnovers themselves. Our players seem to be going thru the motions with no real thought or concentration; I guess that's what I meant by effort.

3. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    I think that is true for some players, but certainly not all. For example, I don't think that anyone can question the effort of Allesandrini, Jones, Boateng, Cole, JVD, Steres or anyone who has played right back (even if they haven't been effective). I think Gio is Gio and when engaged gives you his all. Zardes still doesn't seem recovered. I think McBean hustles but is slow. I am pretty sure, this leaves the Dmid position, where I haven't seen anything remotely resembling hustle, effort or pride all season.

TheHoustonHoyaFan repped this.
  4. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    You know when you lose it's clear those guys aren't hustling and have no heart. When you win they are smart players who conserve their energy, play smart, trust their teammates, and manage the game.

5. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We saw Pedro and Husidic v Portland earlier this year, we shall see how they do with Pedro in his preferred role further up the field against NYRB.

When I have Baggio on my side, the team is more balanced and secure,” João Pedro said. “And I can go more high on the field. That's what I like more, and Jermaine is a player who likes to run in behind and make runs, and with Baggio, it's different. Baggio stays more on my side, and it's easy for me to defend and help the team defend.”

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/features/jermaine-jones-la-galaxy-tactical-dilemma-mls-analysis

6. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Kevin Baxter story

http://www.latimes.com/sports/soccer/la-sp-galaxy-20170513-story.html

I'm glad we're looking at a right back, but if we have money to spend, why didn't we spend it on DeLaGarza?

barroldinho, ragbone, 73Bruin and 2 others repped this.
  7. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Curt is going all-in on the Van Damme sub & second half performance. Seems risky to me, a bad performance or two in the next few games and that narrative unravels quickly.

skydog, ProudNatRN and 73Bruin repped this.
  9. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Oh and I'm going to laugh my ass off if we sign a right back for $175K or more.

ProudNatRN and The Cadaver repped this.
  10. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    According to the corner of the galaxy podcast, we can replace rogers with a player who earns up to 225k without it hitting the salary cap but that we are responsible for both salaries. Not quite sure what this means, do we pay actual money for the salary instead? Anyone know?

11. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I'd guess like DPs the league won't pay for Robbie’s replacement, but won’t count what we do pay against the salary cap.

I wonder what Houston would want for AJ?

12. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Estiv-0, hav77, JPAR and 1 other person repped this.
  13. Esc-soccer

Esc-soccer Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Inland Empire, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would anyone want to bring in free agent Robbie Keane at this point?

kaburu, skydog and Lazy Assed Assassin repped this.
  15. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    As player/manager.

skydog and MPNumber9 repped this.
  16. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I am surprised he hasn't ended up anywhere. Gio and Keane though did not play well together at all.

73Bruin and skydog repped this.
  17. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The woman who sits behind me would be pissed.

18. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I don't think he'd agree to a reduced role, and he'd show up in practice and do Robbie Keane stuff and it'd be a tough choice to keep him on the bench.

I do like the idea of keeping around the organization though.

19. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Is he coaching anywhere? I recall reading that he was working on his licenses and I assume that he needs coaching time to meet the requirements in Ireland.

20. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    ProudNatRN repped this.
  21. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The source article:
    https://www.clarin.com/deportes/futbol/boca-juniors/benedetto-millones-galaxy_0_HkfVDN7zb.html

It is actually referencing the offer we made months ago. What the article doesn't mention either, is that Seattle also put in a bid for him and he outright rejected both.

22. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    He has a good goal scoring record in Argentina and pretty good in Mexico.

He also looks very scary.

23. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was bummed when Xolos sold him. Yeah, we could use a guy like him.

24. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    http://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2017/06/10/593be3e6e5fdea6f348b456c.html?

Zlatan Ibrahimovic to sign for LA Galaxy
    Ibrahimovic vows to return stronger from injury

Ibrahimovic released by Manchester United

Anew chapter will begin in the career of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, with the Swedish striker set to join LA Galaxy after being released by Manchester United.

Currently recovering from ligament damage, he will move to California and could be fully fit for the next MLS pre-season, given that the American league begins in March time.

The 35-year-old agreed his move to the StubHub Center last March, subject to him being released by the Red Devils, a decision which was mutual.

By claiming the Europa League, even if he couldn't play the final, and by scoring 28 goals in 41 appearances, Ibrahimovic feels that his year in England was a success and he is ready for a fresh challenge.

and:

but wait!

25. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh no! We denied it! That means it's basically a done deal......

GalaxyOne, hav77, Baysider and 2 others repped this.