Official 2017 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Haha, thanks KAP! Well actually there's so much to show but here's our Facebook page for them: http://www.facebook.com/PilipinasWNFT/

I kind of act like their unofficial official media officer, i do so much promo material for them. Our federation is weird and won't just hire people for some reason so at the moment i'm doing it for love lol. I do get allowances sometimes but it's never enough. The coaches (and players of course) know me and we welcome me to hang around and take photos and videos and do interviews.

Here i'd like to show this video i made recently of the teams last year. It shows how silly and charming our girls are hehe. They're all outtakes from the official "Meet the team" videos :)
    Show Spoiler

We have a thread, but it's mostly dominated by news on the men's NT here: http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/philippines-r.327376/

dakota701, datschge, KAPIJXM and 2 others repped this.
  2. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's news:

Kirin Challenge Cup 2017 in Kumamoto on April 9th

Nadeshiko Japan vs Costa Rica

Lechus7, Titus Sol, frideswide and 3 others repped this.
  3. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Yes, and on top of everything else, all the group B matches will be played in Pyongyang.

[​IMG]

unepomme and blissett repped this.
  4. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's news:

Takakura designated Kumagai for the captain.

dakota701, frideswide, KAPIJXM and 5 others repped this.
  5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This decision makes sense, because Saki is the youngest one of the veterans and the one who's most likely to stay through all of the 2019-2020 cycle. Also, she's used to talk a lot on the pitch and to direct her team-mates, both as a CB and as a MF (I've seen her play live at matches mutiple times, both with OL and National Team, and I can tell you that she's not shy and she's always respected by team-mates).

I can't help wondering, though, if this says anything about Nagasato's and Miyama's prospects in the future of Nadeshiko team (two questions, basically: 1) will they be called again [in Miyama's case, will she play again at all]? 2) In the case they will be called, their role will be starters of super-subs?).

6. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's news (2):

Narumiya Yui moves to Jef.

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, I am happy that she can keep playing in Division 1. She's a player I love, but she needs to raise her game: of course, Speranza wasn't the best team for a player to shine, but she anyway stopped being a deciding factor at least for the whole second leg of 2016 league.
    Now, in JEF, it will be a different story: ok, they won't have Sugasawa anymore, but anyway it wasn't like she kept having the same impact in 2016 that she had in previous season, so I don't think this move weakened the team too much. It's obvious that Narumiya can't play the same role Sugasawa did, but JEF remains a solid team: if Yui wants to play the assist-woman, Risa Fukasawa can be the pefect target (if she's going to play at least for another season, as I am hoping: after all she just had her best record of the latest years in terms of scoring).

What I mean is: Yui, now you have no alibis! :cool: Let's show what you can do and if you can somehow become NT material (as And G sometimes suggested and as I occasionally thought too).

8. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    It wasn't just Korea that got the short ends of the stick. Myanmar and Vietnam in the same group are in a kind of group of death of their own too. Really lucky for us :)

blissett repped this.
  9. Titus Sol

Titus Sol Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Club:
    --other--
    unepomme and blissett repped this.
  10. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What else do we know about decisions made by Takakura...?

11. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    We don't know about anything special if you mean who leaves or else.

Random info about this training session:
    Main purpose seems to have been physical strengthening.
    She invited two bronze medalists as special instructors; the one - a synchronized swimmer - taught about how to concentrate and the other - a short distance runner - taught about how to run effectively.

Same-chan seems to have trained as a right FB (really unreliable rumor).:p

dakota701, #5nadeshikofan and blissett repped this.
  12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's as much unbelievable as it is unreliable! :laugh:

Come on, the Shark is the natural hidari-side player!

13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  14. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Given Takakura's interesting ideas about positioning players outside their comfort zone, it would be possible....

blissett repped this.
  15. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Yuki Nagasato advertising herself with a selection of crosses not converted to goals by her team mates in Frankfurt. Looks like Yuki has her own YouTube channel now.

datschge and blissett repped this.
  16. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Great. Maybe if they top their group they will decide to pay you a salary.

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    A brace for Yukari Kinga as Canberra United win the last match of the regular season by 5-1 (there are never "normal" scores in Aussie W-League :p) and proceed to install themselves at 1st place in the rankings (they can be passed by Sydney FC Women, though, who are going to play their last match tomorrow). :) Goals at 48' and 90'+4'.
    Former AS Harima Albion's FW Ashleigh Sykes also scored a brace and is now solidly at the top of scorers' rankings with 12 goals.

No matter if they end at 1st or 2nd place of the regular season, Canberra United are now in the top 4 and they will subsequently play in the pool for the title, vs Melbourne City FC or Perth Glory Women, depending on tomorrow's results. They anyway already beat both teams during the regular season. Also, Canberra United already conquered the advantage to play their semifinal on home turf, undependent from tomorrow's results.

I hope later we can find something more in particular about Kinga's performance, maybe on Canberra United website. :)

dakota701, frideswide, Dernhelm and 2 others repped this.
  18. Titus Sol

Titus Sol Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Club:
    --other--
    dakota701 and blissett repped this.
  19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  20. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Haha, thanks for the thought frideswide! We shall see! :)

21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Follow up to my yesterday's post about Yukari Kinga. Sydney FC Women lost today, thus leaving Canberra United at the top of the rankings. So, Yukari Kinga already won at least the shield as Aussie W-League regular season's champion with her team. :)

If the games from this crazy league are any indications, it could go either way in the play-off matches! :x3: Anyway, Canberra United will get the home advantage in the semifinal, that will be played vs the ever dangerous Melbourne City FC.

dakota701 repped this.
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    datschge repped this.
  23. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's news:

Kawamura Yuri moves to Albi from Vega.
    Irie Miki returns to Vega from Germany.
    Caitlin Foord (2016 AFC most valuable player) joins Vega.

24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, the fact that Foord was going to play in Japan had been announced earlier: now we know where. Vega seems to be serious about actually fighting for the title, this year, not just fighting to end 3rd or 4th in the league.

About Kawamura, to be more accurate I'd say: "Kawamura Yuri gets back to her former home Albi from Vega". ;)

frideswide and unepomme repped this.
  25. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    I'm reminded of the movie 'Groundhog Day'...

blissett repped this.