Official: 2016 Rumor and Roster Moves Thread

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by ragbone, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Not saying I'd want to sign him, but he'd be miles better than Gerrard.

I think we should be chasing a DP wide attacking play maker, or a number 8 if we plan to use Lleget out wide.

hav77 and kaburu repped this.
  2. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are definitely replacing Stevie G. (and most likely Keane) with another DP. I hope it's not Rooney. We need someone who can control the middle. If we sign 2 DPs, then we need a wide attacker, also.

3. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Just a worker-drone who only knows two names currently playing for the Galaxy, or perhaps more charitably a writer who knows their audience is likely to only recognize Gerrard and Cole. As for the second part about how Rooney might fit in, see the first part namely one Steven Gerrard.

What gives me pause is there would be a large transfer fee as Wayne as 2.5 years left on his contract and the Galaxy historically have shied away from transfer fees and certainly from large transfer fees.

The Cadaver and TrickHog repped this.
  4. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    We need some high energy players who will fight to control the midfield more than skill players. We have skilled players - they just spend most of their time in our defensive half because we can't control the midfield.

5. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hows about Keisuke Honda and Bastian Schweinsteiger? Seems like both would check the boxes in the DP categories.

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  6. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm not sure Bastian's worth the risk as a DP. He's extremely injury prone and probably shouldn't play on turf games. It's a shame because he's a monster of a player. I remember watching him in the 2014 WC final, he was everywhere. Dude took a beating and kept getting up and fighting. He'd be a great player when he's healthy, but I think he'd be Lampard of 2015esque.

I've heard Honda's name touted around for years as a transfer rumor for various clubs around the world, but I've only seen him play a few games here or there for Japan so I really don't know what he brings to the table.

King Koopa and WarGalaxy repped this.
  7. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    It's a possibility that "we kept Leo to please Juni", but it's far from being simple like this IMO. Remember that after missing almost two years because of injuries (2011 and 2012 when we won two Cups), Bruce started Leo in central defense despite the past success of the Omar - AJ and Omar - Meyer tandems (and pushing Franklin to right mid, what a great idea that was...). It didn't work, Leo had a lot of brainfarts and came back to the bench. In 2014 Bruce started him next to Omar once again but this time it worked and we won the Cup. And he was our best defender last year.

Why Leo didn't play much this year is because he was injured at the beginning of the year. When Van Damme went down in the CCL and at the home opener our bench option was Steres. Fortunately for us Steres stepped up and had a very good year, but I can guarantee you that if Leo was available, he would have played.

I don't mind keeping Leo as a veteran CB and at a low salary (his current salary is too high considering he's not better than Steres or Romney), but it won't bother me if he leaves.

WarGalaxy and TrickHog repped this.
  8. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Underrated player who could excel in that spot would be Chelsea's / Brazil's Ramires. He reminds me of Juninho, only upgraded at everything: excellent long passer, great dribbler, great in possession, great workrate/tackling and who can forget this peach of a goal:

King Koopa, hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  9. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My concern is that Bastian is past it, and we'd have similar situation as we has with Gerrard this season. I'd obviously want Andres Guardado in that role, but it looks like Atlanta has locked him up. Also I think the Galaxy would prefer to diversify their DP's. I'd have to think that the Galaxy would be targeting a high profile European born player.

As for Honda, I heard he has SoCal ties. While LA does not have a huge Japanese population, Honda does have the international pedigree and also fills a positional need for us (RW).

Geneva repped this.
  10. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Carson's right next door to Torrance, which (believe it or not) has the 2nd-largest population of ethnic Japanese in the US (behind Honolulu, HI).

Geneva, WarGalaxy, hav77 and 2 others repped this.
  11. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I just don't see Rooney leaving England. There would be plenty of clubs wanting him if he wanted to leave United. He is still pretty good despite what everyone is saying.

12. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could see him going back to Everton if Lukaku is sold

13. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Personally think he'll stick at Man Utd until he breaks their goal record. He's not far, and I'm sure it's something he's aware of.

kaburu repped this.
  14. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the correction. It's like in LA, if you want the best and most authentic Chinese food you don't go to China town, you go to Alhambra.

MPNumber9 and Dr.Phil repped this.
  15. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Wonder what LA will do about McBean? He seems to have turned a corner and doing will for the Coventry U-23s. Maybe a back-up plan if we sell Zardes. Might be interesting to see McBean partner with Gyasi up top

16. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That could be interesting to watch. Two very physically active big guys. Both have a knack for scoring.

17. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    McBean is gonna take the Gordo role, no?

Geneva repped this.
  18. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Not sure they're the same type of player, but I would like to see McBean get some playing time with the first team. Before he broke his collar bone a few years ago, he was playing really well and was making his case as a mainstay in the 18. Sadly he didn't recover well from the injury, but he's seemed to make the step up this year.

19. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I'd be happy to go into next year with Gordon, McBean, Gyasi, Dos Santos, and Magee as our forwards. I think we need to sure up our midfield and get another winger.

WarGalaxy, Geneva and TrickHog repped this.
  20. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    I like Jack and how he was playing before he broke his collar bone. However, I am not sure that he is ready for the first team any longer despite his results with G2. If he manages to get some starts with Coventry and plays well, then it's a no brained. If he doesn't then the Galaxy may be better with another year or two with Alan.

21. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Maybe that Don Ovan guy? He put in a good shift on the wing last night :)

King Koopa repped this.
  22. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't Gordo announce his retirement?

23. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't think so, but there sure have been a ton of guys bowing out. Conor Casey today.

TrickHog repped this.
  24. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I'm prefer hat trick rick, but if Don Ovan is willing to come back another year, I'd take him in a heart beat.