Official 2016 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I wish there was a timer on the screen... Anyway, we're early in 2nd half and no-one could connect with a beautiful assist on the box from Fuka Kono, who had attracted on her half Kamimura's defense.

2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Moe scored again! :D 2-2.

Watanabe and Kimotsuki two goals apiece. Now we'd need a Fuka Kono's goal. :sneaky:

Kamimura's #8 Watanabe actually had tried another dangerous shot not much before Fujieda's goal.

Fujieda's FW #27 Iwashita is big and tall, but she had seemed a little too static to me, so far: she denied me with assist for second Kimotsuki's goal!

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Fujieda's GK actually looks like a liability to me... :unsure:

Kamimura had a shot that was out of frame, but if it was framed instead GK probably would have missed it... She looked quite unsure on goals also...

4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Beautiful assist from Kimotsuki (women of the match, so far!!!) and goal from #24 Yukika Abe!

Fujieda-Kamimura 3-2 right now.

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Kimotsuki is subbed out... o_O I hope the coach knows what he's doing.

6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Fujieda missed 4th goal on an empty goal-mouth... I hope it doesn't come back haunting them later! :unsure:

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Kimotsuki was smiling when going out of the pitch, but it's now showed sitting on the bench, apparently praying and crying... Just emotional, or maybe she was out because of an injury? o_O

8. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    No, Tsuchiya enters in for her in every game of this tournament, so it was a routine.

blissett repped this.
  9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Fujieda Junshin-Kamimura Gakuen 3-2, final time! :D

Tears of sorrow and tears of joy as usual. Great match!

KAPIJXM repped this.
  10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, I didn't know that! :p That's funny, but... it is also useful? Kimotsuki, although lacking accuracy from time to time, seemed best player in Fujieda to me today.

At the end of the video, #19 Fukuta was saying something to Kono while counting on her fingers: was she counting her goals? :cautious:

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Very nice and moving award ceremony: after all, at that age, it was their personal "World Cup", in a sense. :giggle:

Unsurprinsingly, Moe Kimotsuki was named MVP of the match. Apparently, Fujieda also won the Fair Play Award for the whole tournament. Anyway, this time, in the end they could say "Junshin Number One": this time is for real. :D

All in all, I am happy that I woke up at 5:30 to enjoy this game. Good actions, goals, drama (1-0 to 1-2 to 3-2), warm and imaginative support from the standings, big teen-ager's emotions... Could I wish for anything more? :) Oh, and Fujieda Junshin winning, of course. :p Was it their first title in history?

unepomme repped this.
  12. Sirtel

Sirtel Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Game lacking quality for a final, many misplaced passes and Kamimura's teamwork and intense pressing in particular were totally absent today. But the players passion and fighting spirit made up for it and the game was frantic as both teams took and then lost the lead. Some nice goals as well :thumbsup:.
    A deserved win for Fujieda Junshin and it's nice to see a different winner for a change.

I think she was about to be subbed out earlier, but scoring the equaliser forced their coach to change his plan. She wasn't very good in the previous games though, she saved her best game for the final:D

Best player of the tournament imo is Fukuta, she bossed every game. Looking forward to seeing her next year, hopefully against the other two giants this time. Still very early, but I wonder where she will go next.

unepomme and blissett repped this.
  13. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    [QUOTE="blissett, post: 33437395, member: 193219" Was it their first title in history?[/QUOTE]
    The second time. They won the title in 2006.

blissett repped this.
  14. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Sorry, I misspelled her name; Abe Yukina is correct.:oops:

blissett repped this.
  15. Sirtel

Sirtel Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Sorry, just saw this now. Just a personal observation, and it's based only on a couple of games (I don't know him either).

Part of this is more about technical stuff. Not sure how much of this is discussed here, so I'll keep it brief.
    Contrary to Japanese 'tradition', he plays 3 at the back in a 3-4-3 formation:eek:. Even more unusual is the fact that two of these 3 defenders aren't exactly what you'd expect in a '3 at the back' formation, since they're actually more lightweight fullbacks who like to venture forward when given the opportunity*. In previous games though, he used 2 CBs in a traditional back four so he probably likes to mix things up, according to the opposition. He also likes changing the position of the players during games, with mixed results I think. In the final, for example, Cerezo were the better team (after a slow start) but at some point he decided to move Nishida centrally and use Takarada as a left fw/winger, where they are both least effective, making the team way less dangerous going forward. Menina took advantage of this and almost won the game towards the end.
    There are also some other weird choices, he subbed out little Tamazakura at HT in the semi, then in the final after only 25 minutes or so :confused:. I don't think this is good for girls at this age. And then there is always the Takarada experiment:D

Anyway this team tinkering isn't necessarily a bad thing, I mean they won almost every game this season, can't really argue with such a record. I'm just wondering how it'll work out in Division 2, especially considering how young this team is.

*She doesn't get much credit often overshadowed by the international players in the team, but Katsuoka is a real leader at the back. I was impressed by her performance considering the 'risky' defensive formation.
    In the Urawa-Jef game there was a Van Gaal-esque move by the Urawa coach bringing on Matsumoto for the penalties. And it worked since she saved three :eek: to give Urawa the victory!

16. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Some small info about Nadeshiko League transfer:

Kinoshita Shiori moves to Nagano from Beleza.
    Ishii Saki and Oto Haruka leaves Urawa.

blissett repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #142 blissett, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    Very interesting. As you say, it's not necessarily a bad thing, especially with girls of that age, who can become very versatile and able to adapt to different schemes of play and to different positions on the pitch. Of course, his moves have to be somehow effective also, given impressive Cerezo's record this season.

If you think about it, one of the most successful Japanese current coaches in women's football, Asako Takakura, likes to tinker around the team a lot too, switching players' positions and changing the team according to the particular nature of the opponent, as seen at U-17 WWC 2014.

What I can't forgive to Cerezo coach, though, is the treatment of little (and pretty!!!) Kotono Tamazakura, who was one of my favourite Cerezo players when they were in Challenge League (current Division 2) in season 2014! :devilish: Don't touch at Kotono, please, coach, or you'll make me angry! :mad: I also love her because of her odd-sounding name in Italian! :giggle:

Also, what do you mean exactly with "the Takarada experiment"? The change of position in the final you were talking about, or the very fact of having her play (and score) throughout this season?

Also, you say that you are not sure if people here is interested in technical stuff: some are. And I guess especially And G could follow on your discussion of merits of 4-4-2 or 3-4-3 systems in Japanese women's football. :)

In 2014, when they were collectively even younger than they are now, they were often pounded by "grown-ups" teams, but they were also showing some nice things: in the end, they had managed to rearch a 14th place that, within the old system, would have granted them to avoid relegation; the change into a system with Nadeshiko League Division 1 + Division 2 + Challenge League meant relegation for them, but they actually hadn't seemed so bad onto the "big stage", especially in the second half of the season.

Now that they are a little older and more experienced, I can see them stand the pressure better. Of course, I don't think they're going to keep a record similar to this season's one or to fight for promotion, but I don't see them falling to the bottom of the rankings either, especially if they can keep their best players around. After all, even the "stars" are all still very young, and they could use another year in Division 2, instead of trying the leap to some Division 1 club, likely to just sit on the bench most of the time.

I am happy for that! I like Mamiko Matsumoto: in the photos from U-17 WWC she holds her Golden Glove Award with a quite shy and subdued smile, as if she was't believing her eyes; after all, during all of the tournament, despite the fact that she had just a single goal against, she hadn't had many chances to show that she had deserved that prize, since most of the times Japan didn't even let opponents frame any decent shot...

So, this time she had to be proud to leave her clear and uncontested signing on this 3rd place match! :)

Now that Urawa promoted her to Senior Team, I am curious to see if she's going to get any serious playing time.

KAPIJXM repped this.
  18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That's good for her, I guess. She was a star at the time of U-20 WWC 2012, but now it looked like she couldn't get any playing time in Beleza.

19. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Yes, she has to win the battle vs Ikeda and Hirao for the starting position.

blissett repped this.
  20. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some fun captures from the final.:thumbsup:
    Kono #1.jpg
    Kono Count.jpg
    Hina sporting a new look!
    Hina.jpg

21. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unepomme, which players will be returning to Junshin next year?

KAPIJXM repped this.
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The picture where Yui Fukuta counts something on her fingers while talking with Fuka Kono was the moment I was talking about some posts earlier: the audio could be heard clearly, but I don't know Japanese well enough to understand what they were saying (I could only hear that there were numbers involved indeed :giggle:; also, the gestures she makes while she counts on her fingers seem way different from the western way to do that).

I had noticed new Sugita's look during Empress' Cup, but it's so distinctly new that I didn't recognize her on the standings today, despite the fact that I watched the whole match quite attentively! :eek: It was quite obvious that she would have attended the match (by the way, the attendance was over 5.000, if I am not wrong; and some 1.000/2.000 people followed the game on line, if the counter on the bottom of the screen was right), but Thanks TabascoT for actually noticing her! :notworthy:

Hina surely was very happy that her team-mates finished the work from 2015. :D

unepomme and TabascoT repped this.
  23. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    GK Fukuta Mai
    DF #24 Abe Yukina
    MF #16 Suzuki Anna #19 Fukuta Yui #17 Tsuchiya Yuzuki #25 Chiba Remina
    FW #27 Iwashita Kurumi

The players whose numbers are over 20 have still two years.

"We've just finished the long years during when we've played together, haven't we? From fourth grade in the elementary school, fifth, sixth, first in the junior high, second, third, first in the high, second and..."
    I've never met any Moe-chan in real life, but it may be popular lately.
    It reminds me of Nishinosono Moe (a daughter of a wealthy family) as one of Mori Hiroshi's novel characters.

One, two, three.

blissett and TabascoT repped this.
  24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This was a very interesting and funny piece of dialogue! :geek: It would have been a shame if I had missed its exact content: thanks very much, 'pomme.

Well, it definitely reminds us of different things, but apparently I was right that it was a strange-looking name for a Japanese girl. :giggle:

I like how Mamiko stands a pair of steps ahead of her line before each penalty, so opponents can appreciate how tall she is (and be afraid of it). She's nimble, swift and athletic, but she also knows how to play mind-tricks on opponent penalty talers, and this is an important feature for an high level GK. :sneaky:

Thanks for the links to the video also, my friend! :thumbsup:

25. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the coverage the camera panned to these 2 gentlemen. The inference is that they have a connection to Fuka Kono. Is this correct?
    Kono fam.jpg