Official 2015 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

2. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Use whatever words you want, but my point is you don't like him, and yet you continue to make those comments. In much the same way, always. Granted, he isn't here to fight you as he was at literally every point in the past, and thereby we will all save ourselves seven pages worth of argument, much to our collective sigh of relief. But it's just that, and this is a serious question by the way, WHY do you keep bringing these things up? Just let your grudge alone and move on for good. You've done this multiple times already, you go just fine for a long time and then suddenly, boom, another unnecessary snarky comment. Just stop it. We've heard you BOTH the first seven hundred times you went through that dance, and we don't need any more wasted posts, much less when he isn't even here anymore.

My conclusion is crude sure, but immensely useful in this context. Stop thinking about him personally, just remove him from any and all thoughts you will ever have, and stop talking about him here, and you save everyone the trouble of even having to fly by the issue, including yourself. How is that not beneficial to all of our situations?

Okay, I wasn't there for that last part. I'll give you that much. Everyone jumped down his throat in that moment that made him leave, sure... and yet, as you have done many times... notice how that page has exactly zero to do with what I was talking about. It has zero to do with what you're talking about as well, you realize that, right? How do you connect your doubt of his "allegiances" with posting racy photos as a valid Voltron of a thought, much less as evidence of something. They're completely independent, and the results of those moments are equally independent.

But whatever, in the end, we end up doing the same thing every time. We argue about things that haven't mattered in a year. My issue was with you taking jabs for no apparent reason, not with anything that was already been buried long ago. I can move on now, see you tomorrow.

KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  3. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Hey isn't it weird that the final of the 18th JOC Junior Olympics All-Japan Girls' Youth Championships (quite a mouthful) is Beleza-Urawa? Can my Reds (well Youth at least) get some revenge?

... also Urawa really needs a catchy youth name. Menina is just cool to look at, ya know? So, preliminarily, I will refer to Urawa as "Big Red" and their youth system as "Little Red" :laugh:

... shut up! I need more time! :mad::ROFLMAO:

blissett repped this.
  4. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry to go off topic. Hinamoto too much in the end. Fun match to watch.:thumbsup:
    Hinamoto 6.jpg

blissett and blesstherebel repped this.
  5. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    #80 mumf, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    I made no such connection! You claimed that I was the "only one" but in the end it was everyone (almost) who caused the departure.
    From multiple other BS forums, I am sure blissett will "independently" help refute your claim - flatly(!)

6. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Actually I just caught up on Jinshin's win this morning. Two great goals, but the JinShin DF line and probably GK are just bumblers, would you agree? Very weak on CK threats too, no-one jumps at all. I havent watched Tokiwagi but for sure they will score a few, maybe more.

7. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Not with players like Momiki and Doko on the field for Menina, according to FillBloom. Maybe Shimizu and Hasegawa too.

OK sorry I brought up an unpleasant memory. None tomorrow.

More from the Twit - how long since Kibi won a game?
    552691258192171009 is not a valid tweet id

blesstherebel repped this.
  8. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Good point. Well, I can dream, I guess. Here's to hoping Little Red defies the odds. :)

For the record, I'm sorry too. For a lot of reasons, not the smallest of which is me reacting exactly the same every time this happens. At the end of the day, I talk a lot about my issues with your actions but a repeat of my actions is no more... merited, for lack of a better word. It was just something that upset me and well, I am me. For good or for ill. I'm not naive enough to think everyone would be behind, I may well have been the only one who would've had any semblance of a problem with your comment. As such, I claim you make moments out of nothing and go on and do the exact same thing. That's stupid, terrible and I'm sorry. Bickering isn't how I wanted to spend my evening, I'm sure you didn't either. Well it's over, tomorrow is a new day. We can move on from this like we can move on from anything else.

Well, I really should be getting to bed (shock! awe!). Goodnight, Gerry. :)

See you on the other side.

mumf repped this.
  9. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sisters!
    Sisters.jpg

blesstherebel and KAPIJXM repped this.
  10. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    #85 dakota701, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    It’s great seeing these short clips because you really concentrate on all the work and quick thinking that goes into a single, specific play.

The build-up for the goal started with Sakaguchi’s long lob towards the box that was headed by Isokane (remember the green abalone scraper?) back out into the field. The ball was intercepted by Hara who passed it to Ariyoshi. While being challenged by Goebel Yanez and Kawasumi, Ariyoshi passes the ball between Beverly’s feet (nutmeg?) to Hasegawa who then passes it on to Momiki.

And before all this there were some small examples of skill such as Kiryu’s sort of mini sombrero over Watanabe at about 30 seconds into the video and Shimizu’s backward spin (not sure what you call that) at 40 seconds. Not to mention Hasegawa’s maneuvering around Sawa and Minamiyama to get the ball to Momiki. I actually had to stop the video at certain points to follow the action but I counted about 15 or so individual actions to get to that goal, and all in about 45 seconds!

This is probably just standard game play for those of you who have been following or even playing this sport for a long time, but for someone who grew up watching big, hairy mutants in helmets and shoulder pads slamming into each other, this sort of quick thinking, fast and sustained action, finesse and intricacy is pretty impressive.

Beleza is one of my teams so I may be over praising them, but for a casual observer, (in this particular play at least), Beleza seemed to be almost toying with INAC. Sorry, that was just a fan being hyperbolic. I’m sure Mizuho and the girls were just doing what was necessary to get a goal :D.

blesstherebel, blissett and hirohiro repped this.
  11. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This is exactly how I watch a game - obviously it helps watching recorded one so you can repeat the sequences of play :).

The build ups are more interesting than a goal itself for me. The way Beleza creates situations where the 3rd player joining the play so consistently is very impressive.

Because they are so patient in their build up play, their stats of number of shots are probably not that great considering the amount of time they have the ball. But just watching Sakaguchi and Hara toying the opponents by passing the ball each other is pure joy :)

blesstherebel, dakota701 and blissett repped this.
  12. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nice to see Kono Fuka score for Fujieda this morning.. really reminded me of her goal in the U17 WWC.. the girl has great aplomb on the ball.

Pity they lost on penalties... they seemed to take it pretty hard -- I don't know who was crying more, the fans or the players.

13. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Hinamoto was opposite Junshin and Tokiwagi last year in the brackets. Is it the same every year?
    Happy Kono!
    Happy Kono.jpg

blissett and blesstherebel repped this.
  14. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    I noticed though she had actually been dropped to the bench from the previous game, and only came on as a sub for the last 30 minutes. And despite scoring, she skied her PK in the shoot-out.
    For many of these Fujieda players, such as Sugita, I suspect Kono and Fumika too, I think this was their last chance to win this trophy.... and they let this win slip away.
    Who are they?

15. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dream Ear and her younger sister! I think she plays at FC Vitoria.

16. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beleza kids pick up medals in the other tournament!:thumbsup:
    Beleza Kids1.jpg

Beleza Kids2.jpg

blesstherebel and dakota701 repped this.
  17. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Definite family resemblance in their smiles.

blesstherebel and TabascoT repped this.
  18. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    #93 blesstherebel, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
    So cute! :inlove::p

I wonder if Ms. Two-Tone's sister has multiple tones as well? Maybe some day in the future. Can you imagine? Two Two-Tones? Too many tones! :eek:

I'm not just saying this because I'm me, but... your words were such beautiful poetry, 'kota. Definitely not overpraise in any way in my book. A worthy breakdown and reaction to the play. There's no suitable emoticon but just know that I'm wiping at a solitary tear as it falls down my cheek. :) :thumbsup:

mumf, dakota701 and TabascoT repped this.
  19. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    #94 frideswide, Jan 8, 2015
    ChaDuRi671, blesstherebel and blissett repped this.
  20. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    #95 frideswide, Jan 8, 2015
    EDIT: Now it seems to be breaking that Ohno will in fact also return to INAC along with Kinga...

blesstherebel and blissett repped this.
  21. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    That means INAC will be almost back to their full 2013 strength. I'm curious to see if they try to attract any overseas players to replace Ji So Yun and Beverly Goebel-Yanez or of they stick with domestic talent. Both Beleza and Urawa seem to be developing their young talent so I don't think we will return to the unbeatable INAC of old but it will be an interesting season.

blesstherebel and blissett repped this.
  22. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    This is awesome news! I'm really happy to hear it. Naturally of course, this only means that on paper we're getting back to what made us strong, but that doesn't mean that the performances will follow suit. Here's to hoping, though.

'kota's right as well. Our roster may be getting back to the "old guard" and the "old good", but others clubs have improved vastly since this exact team was all-together. We are by no means in for an easy run. I have faith though, and it should be fun regardless. Lionheart! Let's go! :)

mumf and frideswide repped this.
  23. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    #98 mumf, Jan 8, 2015
    Yes Arsenal have announced it. Not a great day for Nadeshiko Japan?
    It should bring INAC back to the levels of Beleza and Urawa.
    But for Canada, with 23 in the squad, can Sasaki choose so many from INAC? There will be about 10 (count them!) who have played for the NT in the past few months!

Other movements, per FullBloom:
    Moving to Fukuoka J. Anclas is Nariai Hitomi from Urawa, Komatsu Misato from Nagano, Kobayashi Natsumi and Sato Kaede from Shimizu Daihachi,
    And the big news:
    Tomari Shiho, Saito Akane and Sakamoto Riho of champions Urawa have all joined Nagano.

Edit - according to the excellent Ken on WSU here it is reported in the media that Belle will pick up a Fujieda player (did big #17 Fushiki came from Fujieda?) It is Mai Okubo who someone else says is the current Fujieda #6, a central DF. I dont think she's a wonderful player, maybe she looked good last year? Still, better than their #16.
    Anyone know if this HS is in west Japan? Am hoping of course that Sugita might join Miyama in MF (rather than sit on the INAC bench, where she is rumored to go).

24. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    I seemed to count only 9 but all could be predicted here to make the WWCup squad.

But speaking of the NT, while Sasaki fiddles, other countries are playing matches....... per Twitter:
    Canada faces South Korea this Sunday in China’s Four-Nation Cup.
    Interesting tournament, perhaps we will have a live feed?

Even Ireland has a big friendly next week (v Norway) and they dont have a WWCup to think about.

dakota701 and blesstherebel repped this.
  25. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    That reminds me, when's the next Nadeshiko match anyway, friendly or otherwise? I have a shirt that I really want to wear for the next occasion! :p

KAPIJXM repped this.