Official 2015-2016 Japanese NT Thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Whispered11, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  2. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Can't trust all the news, true, but if Brazilian media (Scolari) and an Italian paper (Prandelli) report such stuff, I don't see the merit of them making something up.

3. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Jokufu is free

4. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    Van Marwijk's negotiation with SK broke down due to him wanting to primarily live and operate in Netherlands rather than relocating to Korea. I imagine he would be the same if JFA tries to negotiate with him. You guys do not want a man that is not committed to the job. I doubt he becomes the next coach anyway.

KiarashM, datschge and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  5. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I don't think he'd be considered. If it were Japanese, and they didn't pick someone who couldn't at least be considered top 4 or so managers in Japan then I think there'd be a lot of pressure extra.

6. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  7. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Lets hope its someone that actually will try to move Japan forward instead of just being a caretaker. From the looks of it, it seems JFA are just desperate for anyone..

8. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Nothing in my mailbox yet.

9. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Souness...
    Mustafa Denizli(former Turkey Nt head coach)…
    are free if Iam not mistaken.

regards,

10. Říha

Říha Member

Sep 14, 2014
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
  11. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    It seems clear the next coach will be not a first choice (like Aguirre) not even a second choice (like Zaccheroni) and not even a third choice.
    Really ridiculous stuff. How can be a 4th+ choice a trusted one?

12. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Zac was no.4-5 choice. Pretty sure there was Pekerman, Bielsa, Pellegrini, Aguirre all before Zac in 2010 when choosing.

Aguirre was indeed the 1st person asked post 2014.

Surely at this point, the 'prestige' behind the JNT job has fallen a fair way since when Zac was appointed. Obviously JFA aren't going to get their 1st choice regardless of the amount of money they can throw at the position.

13. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #113 Dax, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    yes, "unfortunately" Prandelli said no he himself\through his staff. I mean that there were words quoted and reported. Well at least thankfully it didn't go through I guess... now Mazzarri's name has been thrown around, this one seems a little harder to believe but either way apparently he said no too - lol.

Anyway, so far I am quite disappointed. Most of these names lack interest in the job. I mean, I don't think they could do it with any passion.
    They can get a 10th choice for all I care but I hope it's either someone with a connection to Japan or someone who could be seriously interested in japanese football.

Right, before him there were several prestigious names like Troussier... lolz

14. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I said "since when Zac was appointed". Troussier has nothing to do with it. The JNT job, at Zac's appointment on the back of the 2010 success, was a more 'coveted' job as a team that had the talent to potentially go to deeper rounds such as QF of the FWC for the first time. Okada Japan won a lot of respect around the world for its performances in the group+R16.

Now after 2014 and 2015 tournaments it's not surprising that Japan would be in the same position as far as negotiation goes as it was in 2006 where they're slowly probably regaining the unfortunate reputation of 'naive' or 'mentally vulnerable' that was there after 2006.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  15. poponponpon

poponponpon Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    japan's reputation isn't an important factor in recruiting a manager. the problem is that world class european/s. american managers aren't interested in the job in asia. that's why we got useless zac after a successful world cup campaign. i would say oliveira is the best manager we can get at the moment. he is a proven manager in brazil, familiar with japanese soccer and can get results with an ugly style. when japan wins on the world stage, they always play defensive-minded soccer, not possession style. (and of course with a squad made up mostly of j-league based players, not "stars" in europe.)

16. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
  17. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I really don't think Japan's reputation has anything to do with this either. It's a problem of interest. All of the managers who are refusing now would have very likely done the same in 2010.

18. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Really doubt it.

19. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, JFA didn't understand anything from this experience. All boiled names. Ready for meatloafs.

20. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Personally I'm just flabbergasted how openly this search for a manager seems to be handled, either the press is full of s*** or there are some serious leaks to be fixed within JFA. But it seems you all are familiar with this procedure already. :)

teioh repped this.
  21. Necrons

Necrons Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Is there any chance for Hirofumi Yoshitake being considered for the job?

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  22. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'm going with full of s***.

datschge repped this.
  23. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France