Official 2014 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Anyway, I find very unlikely that we reach the 12.000 mark within next week... :p:D
    This December was sort of a sleeper... :cautious:

Incidentally, while you were talking about exploding lasagne, yesterday, on the Christmas' Eve, I had dinner with my family and we've eaten... lasagne! :D So Italian of us! :p They didn't explode though (that was quite fortunate, since we hadn't Swiffer WetJet at hand).

Merry Christmas again, this time on the very Christmas' day (that's going to raise in USA, I suppose).

blesstherebel repped this.
  2. Sola

Sola Member

Dec 20, 2014
    Uh-oh:giggle: Hello, it's an honor to meet you , the Profe! 
    Is it your ex- name? or nick-name?
    Anyway, I 'v already understood you were a leader like a prompt and kind mother !
    Now I'm reading the past threads.....from 2011.
    This is a long long story ...like "Genjimonogatari" or "In search of lost time":geek:
    (I like both of them!)

Yes , I think so ,too. Rival barons in their several strongholds....
    Moreover, a lot of players are retiring or leaving Iga FC kunoichi.
    Nadeshiko.Football‏@Ndsk_Foot
    【伊賀FCくノ一】引退・退団選手のお知らせ。http://www.igafc.jp/?p=9386
    retirement:山口 絢子 ・佐藤 愛
    leave: 堤 早希 ・小林 真規子 ・作元 芙美佳 ・高橋 美春 ・高島 瑠里子 ・鳥谷部 梢 ・冨樫 香織 ・岡本 莉奈

Unbelievable.

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, actually I've been nicknamed this way because... I am a teacher in real life. :giggle:
    Currently in Christmas' holydays from school. :p

Wow, are you aware that we're talking literally tens of thousands of posts? :eek:
    Well, yes, obviously you are aware. Wish you a good reading. :giggle:

If you're going to read all of the story (monogatari :giggle:) you'll find that this thread hasn't always been as peaceful as it is right now. :oops: But mostly you're going to find a lot of interesting things, I guess.

If you're going to read from 2011 on, I guess you'll find that there is a missing part of the story. Back then, the thread was divided in 2 or 3 parts, because the mods had put a limit to the number of posts allowed in a single thread. Well, in 2012 the whole forum upgraded to a new version and it was necessary to migrate all of the contents to the new forum: it was in that circumstance that, apparently, one of the 2011 sections got lost. I had asked to the mods, back then, but to no avail: that section never re-appeared again. Maybe it could be an opportunity to try asking again; the idea that a part of our thread could have been lost forever bugs me to no end... :unsure:

Wow, I notice Makiko Kobayashi and, especially, Saki Tsutsumi, who was top-scorer for her team this season, if I remember correctly! :eek:
    Since it is said that they are "just" leaving, and not retiring, any idea about where could they be headed to? o_O

Well, while I know it's a normal day in Japan, I now leave, going to eat my Christmas lunch! :D
    See ya!

Sola and blesstherebel repped this.
  4. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, MERRY CRISTMAS EVERYONE (without exceptions :D)

dakota701, Sola, blesstherebel and 2 others repped this.
  5. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Here is some team (I think it said Cerezo) in a little "Vine" video with each team member saying "Meri-Chri" to all CLIP Not sure if you have to have a Twitter account for this to play.

Also from Twitter, did our Arsenal pair go back to London - Kinga included?!?
    Merry Christmas from everyone at @ArsenalLadies. #ALFC pic.twitter.com/ZgpMBx6T7A

6. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Here's the sad Iga press conference - do they give clear reasons? This is the 2nd year in a row that Iga lost key players, although last year they were able to attract as many new as they lost (including Ami Sugita).

Another famous ex-NT player retires HERE - Yayoi of Beleza. She was still on the subs bench a few days ago (by the way, both Yamaguchi and Kiryu came on as subs on Sunday, but Shimada not in the squad).

7. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    #11382 mumf, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
    Sola, as a Belle fan, you may like this GK Fuhkomoto VIDEO made by And_G of our forum - the highlights are from 2010 and earlier. Am surprised that it has only 27 views, so I suppose its existence is completely unknown to Japanese Nadeshiko fans.

Edit - for people on Twitter, I am going to tweet that video (possibly to the sub Kaho Fushiki who is the only Belle player with a Twiiter account known to me) so as to wish Miho well on her recovery from injury. Your chance to re-tweet the same wishes.

blissett repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Uh-oh... I had missed that. :oops: Or, better, I didn't think that being seen as "motherly" would imply that I am actually a mother...
    Well, in a few words, Sola: I am male! :geek:

I know, my profile doesn't express any gender and my Aya Sameshima's avatar (thank to BlessTheRebel for painting it for me! :giggle:) did indeed create some confusion in the past... But, if you really began reading past Nadeshiko Japan's threads, there are multiple circumstances when the fact that I am a man was clearly expressed (even with... photos! :giggle:).

I see from your profile that you are female instead :). You're welcome into our not-really-crowded women's contingent of regular posters: BlessTheRebel, Dernhelm, Virany, and others from the past, not seen around recently, as Micol and Kittypride.

9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, although it was made for Christmas, this photo was taken way earlier. Frideswide posted a (s)elfie made by the players in that circustance as earlier as the 9th of December, here.

[​IMG]

So, no, this picture doesn't mean that Kinga was back in London from Japan. It is likely that she already re-joined INAC instead.

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, she had an hell of a career! I am happy that she managed to come back from a serious ACL injury before retiring: she showed how tough she is and always was by not surrendering to that last blow, coming back instead before retiring in style.
    I started following Nadeshiko football too late to see Yayoi Kobayashi play in her prime and at the highest point of her career (including NT), but I will always remember her contribution to NTV-Beleza's 2012 season, especially the final of Nadeshiko League Cup won over INAC (and we're talking INAC at their best: from 2011 to 2013, basically only Beleza and OL could take a trophy away from Leonessas).

Respect! Deep respect! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

dakota701 and blesstherebel repped this.
  11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Talking about retirements and good-byes, here is a video, uploaded by ndsk120 yesterday, showing Nozomi Yamago remembering her career.

She is a charming woman :): I am happy that she had the joy of being part of the 2011 World Champion team, even if she hadn't the chance to play a single minute during that World Cup.

dakota701 and blesstherebel repped this.
  12. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    That was a hell of eulogy, Profe. Couldn't have said it any better... :cry:

I wish Ms. Yayoi the best in all of her future endeavors. :)

13. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    #11388 mumf, Dec 26, 2014
    If I did this right, this should be a link: HERE

Also for those here on Twitter, with the help of lechus7 who placed this video on his YT account, this Tweet is intended as a gift to my hometown club (which lost a Cup Final narrowly in 2013). Please provide your international re-tweet if your belly is full this Xmas: THIS

14. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    #11389 blesstherebel, Dec 26, 2014
    That's so weird, I just finished watching that match like a half hour ago. Crazy timing, didn't your hometown club was involved either (not that I would have known anyway). Sadly, I'm not on Twitter, but those girls earned an unlimited amount of respect for that performance, so I'll say that here at least.

mumf repped this.
  15. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    #11390 mumf, Dec 26, 2014
    BTR you actually watched that game?!!!
    I was very surprised when i saw it first - I didnt even hear of it live, and had no idea it was on (Nov 2013), much less that it was in the national stadium or on TV. It was thanks to FullBloom that it was still available on the TV site a month later, but was then removed. But eventually a video was found.....
    They were out-classed by the Dublin club, but what a fight. Like many countries though, the existenace of a league or cup system hangs by its fingernails. Even this year, one of the Dublin city clubs disapearred. And despite a good campaign, they will not be at the World Cup.

Edit:
    OK just for that, and for Xmas, am going to buy you an international email-only membership in Belle for 2015, the same one that I overlooked for you when I visited Belle HQ a few weeks ago.
    If Virany reads the board, then I will buy her one too - Virany?
    If not her, am sure there must be someone else. I will take care of the payment (via post office, for some reason Japan barely uses credit cards yet).

16. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Aww, you're sweet. Thank you, and if I am allowed to speak for Ms. Virany, I'm sure she would be very grateful for the gift as well.

Yeah, when Lech put the match up I was curious, but I never got around to watching it. I'm sitting around doing nothing so I figured why not, and I really really enjoyed it. I remember Caroline Thorpe (who they misnamed in the graphic in interview at the end) saying that at one point Raheny beat Castlebar 9-2, so I think that's a good indication of the class difference before. That said you and she were right, that next time around Castlebar came with everything they had, and it was wonderful to experience. It's my favorite time to watch a match, when the players put every drop of life force into looking for that win, and that's exactly what they did, both clubs.

Things are precarious in a lot of places, like you said, but for what they show, what they are allowed to show when everything falls into place just perfectly, you should, we should all be, incredibly proud of these steps forward.

Maybe not now, but with the talent and heart shown all around the world, the future looks bright. If not for these girls, then for the ones who are inspired by them.

17. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was there not a Christmas Charity match this year?

Some end of the year photos.
    Any guesses on who this is?
    Nicole2.jpg

Has this one been posted here before?
    Bikini.jpg

18. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    I'm terrible with faces, even worse at making out adults from kid pictures, so I have no idea who that is. Knowing me though, it's probably one of my favorite players and I'll feel really dumb for not recognizing her. :laugh:

Meanwhile, that last picture wasn't posted before, but is that Ms. Blondeside looking all beach sexy? :D

19. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A hint as I am not sure I would call her an "adult" yet. I don't think she has been called to the Senior Nadeshiko yet.

Yes, that is blondeside thanks to potato!!

20. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Geez, I have to give a better nickname than "potato", that's just shameful right there. :laugh:

Okay, I'm playing this game now... not an "adult", so a late teen... hmm, what club does she play for?

21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The fact that you mentioned Lechus7 makes me wonder: where are we at with the vote for Nadeshiko Japan Goal of the Year 2014? I suppose any dead-line to post votes has been passed weeks ago. :giggle: So, can you give the final rankings to us, Mumf? I am curious and I want to see how many of the goals i currectly predicted.

TabascoT repped this.
  22. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never know if potato is her nickname or just a bad Google translation, but it is repeated many times by blondeside.

Yes, the mystery girl is one of the Beleza kids!

23. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Oh God damn it! Beleza has all of the freaking kids in the league... I can't ask for position because that would probably be pushing it so... let me think, let me think... *disappears into dark corner*

24. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :laugh:
    So true, but look closely, the smile is the big giveaway!

25. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Oh, 'Basco, you know me so well. You know exactly what I would look at. :D

Okay, nose, cheeks, and smile... nose, cheeks, and smile... with those as my guides my final answer is...

Momiki NICOLE!!! :D

Did I get it right? :cool::coffee:

blissett repped this.