Official 2014 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sola

Sola Member

Dec 20, 2014
    Thank you for your response!
    Yes, you are right, and I'm glad to hear that you feel the same:)
    (Around me, there are no people who love woman football well...)
    I never forget the beautiful smiles and the tears of bell players.

Yes, it's true! ;)

Yeah, princess Ji of Kawasumi family won it:giggle: Great news!
    (Today is holiday in Japan, so Kawasumi updated her blog twice. Nice!)

2. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Ouch. I know that feeling, too. I used to know literally no-one who knew anything about the women's game, and that's with having teammates who, for all intents and purposes, should have. But they all loved the men's game. So do I, true, but I like both, so it was a shame not be able to indulge in the sort of camaraderie or just gamesmanship. Luckily, I found this place, as you have. Here, I met guys and girls who love the women's game, and guys and girls who REALLY love the women's game. Hearing that you come from the same sort of place, of having no-one to communicate that love and respect to, just shows how much a community like ours matters. Our merry band of Nadeshiko lovers, growing stronger and larger every day. It's a wonderful thing. (I don't know how new you are in terms of reading this place, I read this place for almost a year before joining, but I am very dramatic, I hope you enjoy :laugh:)

I'll never forget the smiles and tears either. I love seeing that. I know that passion and cheers, anguish and tears, that stuff is everywhere, but I don't know, there's no other way for me to put it other than to me seeing it in this circumstance (women's football) felt somehow "different". It meant more to me, so it always felt like it meant more to the girls. Seeing Ms. Miyama cry after losing, seeing Mr. Hikki's smiles at winning the league title. Seeing girl's bawling when they lost a friendly because it meant that much to them. It's such an impressive thing to me. The beautiful game is in itself beautiful, but seeing such surges in emotion, just, I don't know, it always makes it that much more, ya know?... (Yes, I'm also long-winded :D)

Nice! I don't suppose you can translate her entire blog for me, can you? I'm kidding! :laugh:

Sola, dakota701, blissett and 1 other person repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thank you very much for both translations, Sola. That's exactly what we were needing! ;)

And I am kind of rooting for Maldives in a sort of way, right now, in the pool of "minor" Asian women's NTs...

4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In my eyes, this action shows very well what INAC is missing right now, and what they did have instead at the beginning of the season: confidence!
    You need confidence, both for this kind of collective actions and of for these pieces of individual prowess, if you want them to succed. Back at the time, INAC were still the reigning Champions (with 4 seasonal trophies under their belts in 2013: Nadeshiko League, Nadeshiko League Cup, Mobcast Cup and Empress' Cup) so, despite the loss of many players and the change of coach, they were surely still brimming with confidence, maybe even defiance.
    The same confidence they've been lacking while proceeding into the season: right now, I've got the feeling that Nakada wouldn't have tried that screamer, or, if she had tried, she would have failed badly, sending it on the standings. Because you need self-assurence not only for wanting to try such things (that's the first step) but also to succeed in them: I believe (in a Zen-sort-of-way, if you want) that you must have already succesefully hit the target in your mind, if you want to actually hit it in real life.

blesstherebel repped this.
  5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In fact, some of the more impressive smiles & tears come from lowest level tournaments: do you all remember the drama surrounding yearly High School tournament, guys? ;) Ok, this is also due to the young age of the girls: we know teens are expected to be more emotional than grown-up ones, but I've been anyway impressed by the way these young high school girls put their all in those games and by the level of committment to their own team (and school). Also, we've seen some impressive talents flourish in those tournaments! :)

6. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Mana Iwabuchi is a contender for WSU's December Goal of the Month. Compared to the other goals in contention, her goal is more of a finesse play. Her footwork as she danced around her opponents reminded me of a boxer. The other goals tended to be more spectacular. Many are long balls from outside the penalty area including one from Italian Alice Parisi from Italian Serie A team, UPC Tavagnacco. Marta's determined charge up the field to fire a cannon into the US goal was also very impressive. I am ever the optimist regarding Nadeshiko Japan but Marta's goal made me think that they will definitely have their work cut out for them in the upcoming World Cup.

I am not a member of WSU but I voted anyway. Not sure if it will count.

blissett, mumf and blesstherebel repped this.
  7. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    #11357 mumf, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
    It looks like it counts and I voted for hers too. The other goals are great but how often do you see a goal like hers?

Looking around Twitter, linked by a certain Urawa player called Naoko Wada, it seems TanaYo makes her new club official: READ PHOTO

This Tweet really scares me - is Manami Nakano on the verge of retiring? Dont understand.
    やっと出た~(T-T)(T-T)(T-T) pic.twitter.com/pCBo130pub

Here is a last-ever blog entry by a player with Sfida Setagaya - http://ameblo.jp/pi-keroppi/entry-11968050203.html perhaps Sola can report something interesting from it? Very long goodbye!

dakota701 and Sola repped this.
  8. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    What do Nadeshiko think of the WWCup on artificial turf? See ndsk120's video HERE
    I play every Tuesday evening on it (tonight excepted, because I played this past Sunday morning instead) - I still suspect it may help Japan, especially if it rains.
    I think confidence is indeed part of it..... if I can make a gender distinction, it is that women are more likely to be led or misled by external factors - but the mis-leading of Miyama, Fuhkomoto and other experienced Belle players this weekend influences me heavily in this statement! But certainly INAC has looked ragged for a long time, and one example I think of is their speculative shooting at goal from distance (mostly Takase).

But another example - I checked NadeshikoTV to see why Bev was sent off on the last day of the L-League. It looked like pure frustration. At about 70' she just jumped on the back of Fusakawa who was headed upfield; it was almost a RC already for that. Then about 10' later, right on halfway a JEF player dodged her well and she just pulled her shirt hard from behind, with the ref just 2m away. Not a dangerous tackle by any means, but so obvious and it was from behind, and really asking for trouble with the ref right there. first the YC came out and Bev turned away..... but the RC followed. 0028.png There was a protest, even Kaihori ran out ..... but it ended soon enough.
    By the way, Bev appeared to be still in MF - and otherwise playing quite well - and surprisngly it looked like Sawa who was playing up-front! Perhaps due to Asuna T being back. But I only watched about 15 minutes of the game.

9. Sola

Sola Member

Dec 20, 2014
    bresstherebel
    So moving massages! Yes, here is heaven for me!
    I started reading this thread a month ago, so I haven't read every comments yet.
    I envy you your eloquence ! ;)

Haha, Unfortunately or fortunately, Kawasumi is more speedy writer than me!
    But I am willing to translate it , if I find something new and surprising in the blog.

It's alright! This tweet doesn't mean Nakano's retirement.
    It says " Finally, she's apearred !"

10. Sola

Sola Member

Dec 20, 2014
    This Rie Kuwabara' s article about her retirement is sad , but bracing.
    Contents:
    ●Since she decided to retire , she has more communicated with her teammates for telling them what she had learned in her soccer life.
    ●She appreciates supports of her parents, staffs , and wonderful fans.
    (This is off the topic, but her father looks so young)
    ●After the retirement, she will help to support the women's football.
    (Maybe, as a coach or a staff, I guess.)

Retirement of athlete is sad thing.
    If my favorite player retire, it will leave a gaping hole in my heart.

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    As usual I am not actually able to translate from Japanese: in this video from IgaYounet, I only understand some words, as "Iga FC Kunoichi", "kantoku", "J-League". So, I suppose Iga FC Kunoichi will have a new coach for next season and he comes from men's J-League? o_O
    Not sure, someone helps me to properly understand this video:

The same YTchannel also posted this other video, that's only interesting if you like super-cool green-dressed Kunoichi mascot :giggle:. She's dancing with other mascots at this sort of Christmas festival in Iga, at about 0':37'/0':42" of the video:

blesstherebel and Sola repped this.
  12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ndsk120 recently posted this video about a futsal match between Japan and Chinese Taipei:

Virany, on her channel, had pointed to the whole match on JFA-TV. I am not used to watch futsal, but I gave it a try and I found it quite addictive (I ended watching the whole match :giggle:):

I wonder: was it just a friendly match, or in was in the context of some kind of tournament?

Also, is there any connection between Nadeshiko Japan futsal team and Nadeshiko football? Do or did any of the futsal NT players also play football at any level?

blesstherebel, mumf and KAPIJXM repped this.
  13. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Merry Xmas everyone!!!

blesstherebel and mumf repped this.
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In Poland you use to wish Merry Christmas the day before it? :p Or are you sure that you won't be here tomorrow to do it? :giggle: Or maybe it is already in Japan? :cautious:

Anyway, I join you in wishing a Merry Christmas to everyone in the world.

(In Japan is Christmas a normal day of work, when it is in the middle of a week, like this year? Or is there any holyday involved?)

blesstherebel, Lechus7 and Sola repped this.
  15. Sola

Sola Member

Dec 20, 2014
    Meri-Chri, everyone! :D (We say so, sometimes , in Japan)

Yes, there are so many talented young girls and so many dramas ! You're right, and what you pointed is so inspirational.
    I remember WWC U-17, little nadeshiko's awsome plays and smiles!
    This may be a little off the topic, but I think that talents of this young age is different from those of nadeshiko Japan today. Difference of generation? Anyway, so interesting are both of them.

Wow, the video is so interesting. The new coach of Iga FC kunoichi , Kim Jongdal , is a man who has experience as a coach of North Korea NT. He had also taught soccer to students at a junior high school and one of them became J-Leager.
    He's saying that he is going to discipline player's mind.
    His looks and his way to talk seem to be so spartan and macho.

16. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #11366 Lechus7, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    Christmas Eve is today in Poland :p (it's a normal working day till about 3pm when most of shops are beeing closed and people hurring homes for Christmas dinner) Next two days are bank hollidays.

Sola, blissett and blesstherebel repped this.
  17. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Generally a normal working day... many times during my years in Japan I worked on Christmas Day. All the financial markets are open, etc. As I was the only 'gaijin' in the office I couldn't really vanish without being noticed..

Happy Christmas to all... and to all a Good Night!

mumf, Sola, Lechus7 and 2 others repped this.
  18. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    #11368 blesstherebel, Dec 24, 2014
    Woohoo! Merry Christmas, everybody! I'm still getting all of my final preparations for tonight, and I'm super duper excited! Since we're all over the globe I'll just say that I hope everyone has already, is currently, or will eventually party like crazy! :D :laugh: Whether you're a regular, whether you just pass by here occasionally, whether you aren't signed up and just read our constant ramblings, or are one of many of us who have not been here a while and are truly missed, I hope you guys are out there ready to are currently super enjoying yourselves. You guys are so awesome!

blissett, Lechus7 and frideswide repped this.
  19. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    #11369 blesstherebel, Dec 24, 2014
    Aw, you're sweet. :) I appreciate the compliment. I tend to think I'm more long-winded then eloquent, but it's nice to know that others think otherwise. :laugh:

A month before joining, huh? You have way more conviction then I did. I muddled over joining for a really long time and even then I barely made the decision myself (I thank Profe for the push :) *huge hug to Profe, by the way*) Again, it's awesome to have you with us now, and I'll hold you to that, Ms. Sola. If there's ever anything interesting in Ms. Kawasumi's blog, please be sure to tell us (me!) immediately! :laugh:

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If Sola only follows us since about a month, it is seriously possible that he hasn't the slightest idea about who "the Profe" is. :x3: It's me, Sola, hello! :geek:

And I of course hug you back, BtR. (Until explosion :laugh:).

21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Very interesting info. I wonder if this coach will be enough for Iga to climb back in the rankings: I've got the feeling that next season the fight to avoid relegation will be knife-in-teeth and savage. All of the clubs look really too much strong to fall at the bottom of the rankings (including Speranza FC Osaka Takatsuki, that looked really solid in Challenge League this season).

I wonder if Kristie Mewis is going to remain in Iga for next season: she was quite the game-changer for them. Although I guess she'll be back in USA in the season leading to WWC, if she wants to get a chance of making the team...

22. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Good point, very good point. I'm sure I've addressed you as Profe at least once in the past month, but good on you to clarify. :D

No! I'm making a lasagna! Don't make me explo— *explodes*

blissett repped this.
  23. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Chr*st... how are we going to clean this lasagne off the walls now...? :confused:

blissett and blesstherebel repped this.
  24. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    I bought a Swiffer WetJet recently. That might help a bit... you should probably bring a few of your own, too. :D

Also, I don't mean to alarm anyone, but we have officially passed our 2013 output. Woohoo! I do find a small bit of humor in the crossing that line on a joke about me exploding, though. Gotta love us. :laugh:

blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  25. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Sorry to be late to the conversation but please allow me to wish everyone a Merry Christmas as well, or at least a joyous end of the year for anyone who doesn’t celebrate the season. Being in the United States, I know very few people interested in soccer of any kind, let alone women’s soccer so I have always been happy I was able to find a place where people shared my interest. Incidentally, my joining was also prompted by the "the Profe".:thumbsup::notworthy:

mumf, blissett, Sola and 3 others repped this.