Official 2014 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Actually I was curious....I know Ive seen that movie, but maybe too many from the genre....

From Twitter, here's a photo from last weekend of the stitched up the Belle GK shirt on Fushiki:
    岡山湯郷BelleのGKは、DF17番の布志木香帆選手。 pic.twitter.com/0JNOULgxzY
    Dont know is Fuhkomoto can play tomorrow.

blesstherebel repped this.
  2. Sola

Sola Member

Dec 20, 2014
    Hi, everyone.
    I am a huge fan of Albirex Niigata Ladies , so I was disappointed at the defeat of empress cup ....

#5nadeshikofan, dakota701, mumf and 5 others repped this.
  3. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    *pats back* Hey, there. Nice to meet'cha. Sorry it had to be in this circumstance. I know how you feel, I'm sad over the INAC loss. Was there any other team you supported? Fortunately I had my Reds to take a bit of the sting away.

With that said,

NTV Beleza 3:0 Albirex Niigata - 21' Tanaka Mina, 50' Iwashimizu Azusa, 55' Hasegawa Yui

Urawa Reds 2:0 Iga Kunoichi - 43' Shibata Hanae, 76' Kishikawa Natsuki

Vegalta Sendai 6:1 Okayama Yunogo Belle - 49' Sameshima Aya, 53' Hamada Haruka, 58' Kakazu Asuka, 76' Hamada Haruka, 80' Hamada Haruka, 85' Irie Miki | 90+2' Arimachi Saori

INAC Kobe Leonessa 0:1 JEF United Chiba - 56' Ikadai Risa

#5nadeshikofan and blissett repped this.
  4. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    That last one wasn't from a movie actually, it was a video game.

mumf and blissett repped this.
  5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    YAY! :geek:
    And she also breaks the initial stale-mate by scoring the 1st goal! :giggle:

Actually, I had already made my predictions, earlier this week.
    I got only half of the semi-finalists, but the important part is that my choice for the final winner is still in contention, while yours isn't! :p

As a foot-note, I am reading again Vegalta-Belle scoresheet:

Apart from being happy for the Shark and from other important Vega's players who are back to goal (Kakazu and young talent Miki Irie, former Hinomoto Gakuen High School), I notice that Haruka Hamada scores a hat-trick for the second consecutive week, and now she's firmly at the top of Empress' Cup scorers' ranking! :eek:
    Now, the frequency of her goals, lately, tells that for sure she's not played as a Full-Back anymore: does anyone know if she was just moved on the wing, on the same side (so acting as a left-winger), or if the coach decided to exploit her height by putting her in an actual striker position? o_O I would be very curious to know more about her tactical evolution, since I didn't have the chance to see Vegalta play recently (today's match, for instance, was too early in the morning for me to follow it).

6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Welcome to our forum, Sola. :)

Sorry for being late in proper salutations. :p

Can I ask you where are you from? We are in need of Japanese members to help us with translations and news, these days. :giggle:

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    According to Full Bloom Guidebook, Homare Sawa was subbed by Miki Ito after just 9 minutes! :eek: I am afraid that a so early substituion can only be due to an injury. :confused: Does anyone know anything more about it? I just hope it's nothing serious... :unsure:

8. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Welcome, newcomers are best for the forum :D

9. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2 of the Goal Scorers:thumbsup:
    Dream Ear Asuza.jpg

blesstherebel and blissett repped this.
  10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Really? o_O Isn't the first one in the picture Mizuho? :cautious:

And, anyway, what has she to pout about?

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The match ended 3-1 for 1.FFC Frankfurt. Ando didn't play (Frankfurt made just one subsitution, at 90'+1', Belle's style...); Iwabuchi started and was subbed out for Eunice Beckmann at 61', with Bayern 2 goals behind already.

12. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, only one goal scorer (oops). Its just the Dream Ear signature pout she does for most photos.

blissett and blesstherebel repped this.
  13. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Couldn't find much in my limited ability, but I did find this quick little video of Ms. Kishikaa's goal.

blissett repped this.
  14. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Yeah, actually I went right along with Profe that same day. My first choice (INAC of course) is obviously gone now, but my Reds are still in the running. :)

blissett repped this.
  15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    And, at least at the moment, our friend ndsk 120 "only" has the last minutes of Vegalta-Belle, with Saori Arimachi's goal. Apparently this consolation goal was enough for Miyama & friends to feel good and celebrate. :) Except poor GK Kumiko Taniguchi who looks very emotional at the end of the game: she is a DF that was recycled as GK (as her stitched #2 shows), so she shouldn't feel too much responsible for this loss, I guess. I wonder if she was to blame in particular about any goal, but anyway I guess she can't be blamed for trying her best in a so special role. Her team-mates are of course ready to sooth her. :)

As Virany had showed earlier on her Tumblr, Fukumoto had a sort of loudhailer, so she could made her voice (the voice of the captain! :)) heard for her team-mates on the pitch.

At about 2':13" of the video Aya Miyama hugs Brittany Cameron as if they were good old friends: does anyone know if they happened to play together in USA? :cautious:

There are some good Shark's sightseeings, but that's not enough for me: I want to see the goal. :p Anyway, I swear I hadn't noticed so far that Same-chan actually has just "Same" written on her jersey, and not the full "Sameshima" (see at 2' 26" of the video). Actually other team-mates showed they prefer the abridged version of their names (for instance "Kakazu" has "Kaka" on her jersey :giggle:), and who can forget Momiki with her "Nicole" jersey? :p

16. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    They played together in 2009, with the Los Angeles Sol. They are totally bros. :D

Those nicknames remind me of how I always wanted to wear "Bless" on my back officially. They never let me though. :( I got one for personal use though, so I'm happy. :laugh:

blissett repped this.
  17. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I was watching this match real time but I stopped it after 30 minutes or so. It was probably the worst match I've ever seen at this level. I guess no one to be blamed but still it was terrible... Unfortunately this was the match that was picked for the TV broadcast out of four quarter finals.

Belle used Taniguchi as GK - she's a rookie defender but she played GK as they don't have any sub GK... She's 159cm apparently.

Anyway, Belle's coach deployed the tactic that their defensive line stays at the 6 yard box whenever Vegalta had the ball. So the defenders were right in front of her almost all the time. From the TV commentator (reported from reporter on the ground level), Sameshima said to their coach there is nothing they can do but just put the ball into box. The problem was Vegalta still kept the shape almost the same. They put Sakai forward for the power play but then Ogawa went to right instead. I didn't understand why they didn't throw more players into the box cos Belle had no intention of attacking. It was the most one-sided game I've ever seen - worse than some of the Nadeshiko matches in the Asian Games. According to TV news I've just seen, the number of shots Vegalta had was 44!

I saw the result afterwards and found out Vegalta only scored in the second half.:eek: I've just seen Sameshima's goal (it was just a ball she kicked into the box) - I feel sorry for Taniguchi.

We talked about the apparent difficulty for Belle to attract players, but not being able to find one permanent GK apart from Fukumoto is just unbelievable... It was a bit moving to see Belle players cerebrating their goal at the end but this is a serious problem. I don't think it was really fair for those people who went to see the match.

18. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Just watched it...... yes too horrible to watch normally.... I thought Belle would change their formaton once a goal down, but they did not -well they finally did in the 90th minute and then they had one weak shot on goal - followed by a beautiful goal and yes celeberated wildly. Just when one thinks that there is nothing new to see, this was bizarre - but i do agreee, the coach let down the traveling Belle fans, few though they may have beeen, and the national TV audience. She even let the poor volunteer GK as this was a disaster strategy to face so many shots.

Anyway, live now its Brazil v USA in the Brasilia Final - its about 30' gone, 0-0 yet HERE

19. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    A belated welcome Sola, I think I know how you feel. I’m not really a Belle fan, but I am a Miyama fan, so I tend to support Belle over whoever they are playing. I was very saddened by such a lopsided score.

Speaking of Albirex, I am surprised they did not start with Tiffany McCarty. She did not enter the game until well into the second-half. Isn’t she still one of their stronger scorers?

20. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    #11320 dakota701, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    I was wondering why such a one-sided score. I could understand the 6 Vegalta goals due to the inexperienced goalkeeper. It sounds like Belle was concentrating on defending their goal as much as possible rather than scoring themselves.

Was there anything Belle could have done to at least score a few more points given their goalkeeper situation? Was it even possible for them to shift to a more attacking role when they did have the ball? Were they afraid to leave the goalkeeper on her own?

I actually felt that Belle’s one goal was very nicely done. From the movement of the ball down the field to Miyama’s cross to Arimachi’s header. The team was capable of something. It's too bad it did not appear earlier in the game.

blissett repped this.
  21. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    I was confused by this video at first. I did not know the results at the time so I thought maybe the scoreboard was wrong. The Belle players seemed too happy to to be loosing 6-1! Maybe after a certain point, they decided not worry and just enjoy playing the game. The Belle players actually seemed happier then the Vegalta players. I suppose it was a bit of a hollow victory for Sameshima and company.

22. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well done, lady Sendai:) ! And a Sameshima goal... :)

blesstherebel and blissett repped this.
  23. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hello and welcome to the group!

24. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Someone on Twitter called Sheila, who must be a footballer to be followed by ndsk_120, just Tweeted a photo of Miyama and Cameron togther...
    Sheila 8@Sheila_8_ · 11 mins11 minutes ago
    My life..futbol-filled life with so many legends..I feel so lucky&blessed #Americansabroad #lovemyathlete #thankful pic.twitter.com/dax6HV8OAF
    Welcome Sola.....are you in Japan? ........ I too am surprised at Niigata, because the last time we saw them, it was the last game of the League v Urawa and it was one of the best performances of the year, sensational play on both wings. But for sure, Niigata is a very unpredictable team = they beat Beleza a few months ago, but I think lost 5-1 to them in summer. And if they hadnt lost to INAC so many times, they might have won the L-League!

25. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    FullBloom just Tweeted:
    Japanese newspapers today suggest that Kawasumi may not go back to the US for next season and that Tanaka Yoko has left INAC Kobe...and is expected to move to Nojima Stella Kanagawa Sagamihara.
    The first part is not that surprising...... I have to admire TanaYo as clearly she wants playing time. Only doubt is whether she is choosing the right division, but Division 2 should be stronger than the old CL.
    I think Tiffany is a pure striker, and perhaps Niigata was concerned with Beleza choking off MF. Albu had Yamazaki and Oishi injured at various times, soemtimes both together, but both are heatlhy now.
    Anyone notice that Oishi appears to have the biggest size shoe in the League? Her feet are alwasy so distinctive.