Official 2014 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Thanks for the verification, fride. I agree, it's great news in some respects, if players move to other teams, in some cases coming home, or just going to another league, but not at the expense of the entirety of their presence in England. That would be a shame, unless Ms. Ohno comes back to INAC, in which case I'm totally cool with all of it. :D

Haha, don't worry. I prefer to work alone. And no sparkles anywhere on or around me, I prefer to look like this.

upload_2014-12-18_7-41-58.jpeg

Dude, can I even put a picture like that up here? Let's test that, shall we? :D

Sorry in advance if that offends or scares anyone. I don't like being scary... :p

mumf and KAPIJXM repped this.
  2. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    How could anyone be offended by a perfectly ordinary-looking 12-year-old Scandinavian girl?

(of course, she has been 12 for a rather long time...)

blesstherebel and dakota701 repped this.
  3. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kobe Sleepover!:whistling:
    Kobe Sleepover.jpg

dakota701, KAPIJXM and blesstherebel repped this.
  4. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    #11279 blesstherebel, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
    Firstly, 'Basco! *hugs*

Secondly, too cute! Too cute! SYSTEMS... OVERLOADING... :x3:

THE SELF DESTRUCT SEQUENCE HAS BEEN ACTIVATED. REPEAT, THE SELF DESTRUCT SEQUENCE HAS BEEN ACTIVATED. THIS SEQUENCE MAY NOT BE ABORTED. ALL EMPLOYEES PROCEED TO THE EMERGENCY CAR AT THE BOTTOM PLATFORM. (a hug to anyone who gets the reference :x3:) (no one got my last one :() (do I do this too much?)

KAPIJXM and TabascoT repped this.
  5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Props to all the ones who can name all of the Pyjama-players (from 3 different teams, if I am not wrong!) :)

TabascoT repped this.
  6. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes 3 Teams. If I my translator worked correctly, the blog stated that Nakajima took the photo. So there was an additional un-photographed INAC player!!

blissett and blesstherebel repped this.
  7. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    I'm the absolute worst with faces, believe me! That said, I am so a million percent ready to get a lot of these wrong, but here we go!

Ms. Kawasumi (shoot me if I get that one wrong :p), Ms. Minamiyama (second bullet), Takara the Genius (mebbie?), Ms. Asuna, Ms. Ariyoshi, this one's a super toughie for me because 30% face covered and eyes closed, but I'm going with Ms. Hara (could be?), and Ms. Yayoi at the end...

... and I imagine Ms. Nakajima on a tripod with a top of the line DSLR. :D

In advance, can I at least get quarter-props for this endeavor? Please?

blissett repped this.
  8. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well done! You got them all right.

I would not have gotten Hara without reading Kawasumi's blog.

It gave me a smile reading Kawasumi was a little nervous because a Nadeshiko legend Kobayashi staying in her place.

dakota701, blissett and blesstherebel repped this.
  9. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Yay for getting them all right, much obliged for the verification. Genius and Ms. Hara where the toughies, and I got them in the silliest ways possible. I guessed Genius because of her very boopable nose (don't judge me by my methods). I guess I'm good at noses :p. With 30% excluded, I had to make a judgment call on what I gathered to be a pretty face for Ms. Hara. Who is 70% the prettiest Beleza player? At that point there was only one person I could think of. :laugh:

I should have figured this was from Ms. Kawasumi's blog. I think she has the absolute best "hanging out being silly" photos. :D

Aww, Ms. Kawasumi being starstruck. How adorable. I can only imagine, if I stayed over at her place, I would melt through the hardwood, never to be seen again. :x3:

10. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    I swear this green dot is freaking me the heck out. It's moving all over the place on my browser. First it was on the bottom right corner, I refreshed and it was on the top left, and now it's back at the bottom. It's making me paranoid! :laugh:

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hara was the toughest one for me too, especially because apparently she changed hairdress and dyeing.
    And closed eyes didn't help either, yeah...

But I had got the feeling that I had her right, and you confirmed that to me, guys. :)

Ryoko Takara, instead, wasn't much of a problem for me, both because she used to be a regular of Naho's apartment (and, consequently, of Naho's blog :giggle:) and because, well, she's a Vegalta player! :cool:

Meanwhile, new FIFA's ranking came out today: not only France caught us at 3rd place, as expected, but USA dropped from the top! :eek: Germany is now officially the 1st-ranked women's (and men's, for that matter) National Team in the world!

http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/women/index.html

frideswide repped this.
  12. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    oh... big move up by North Korea (now 7th) and Holland (11th).

( while Denmark slips 4 spots to 16th place.... :oops: ... are we that bad..?)

13. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    (someone did :D GITS Laughing Man vel Salinger's Catcher in the Rye) (keep it up :thumbsup:)

blesstherebel repped this.
  14. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    #11289 frideswide, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
    Christmas gifts for Nadeshiko fans...

Are you dreading turning the last page of your 2014 Kawasumi Nahomi Calendar...? (I am..).

Fear not! (available now on the Family Mart website, famima.com ):
    [​IMG]

Of course, for Kawasumi haters, there is always:

[​IMG]
    (available on rakuten.co.jp).

And what Christmas stocking would be complete without this rather ludicrous number from the JFA (which might be titled Crouching Tiger, Flying Ponytail..) :
    [​IMG]
    (available on amazon.co.jp, inter alia)

15. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blissett set a goal of 12,000 posts for the thread in 2014. Will we make it?

16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, we were perfectly on-schedule for that target until November, but this was a kind of sleepy month so far... (unepomme's disappearing didn't help :().

So I've got the feeling that, unless there is a big rush of interest for Empress' Cup (now that Nadeshiko League teams enter the competition) it will be very difficult to have about 700 messages posted in the next ten days...

We're going to see. It has to be Christmas, but December is always pretty quiet here...

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am not sure about what's happening exactly in this edition of Elfen Diary, but if there are any Rie Azami's or Eriko Arakawa's fans around, they will appreciate (there are also other easy-to-recognize players, such as Nozomi Yamago and Kanako Ito). :)
    Why that number in German? o_O

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not sure, but I guess this video recently uploaded by ndsk120 is about Yokohama Seagulls, the newly promoted team in Challenge League where Minako Ito and Emi Yamamoto play. :)

19. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    And Japan has slipped back to number 4 overtaken by France! Exactly where they were in 2011. Maybe this is a sign that World Cup history will repeat itself.

Lechus7, blesstherebel and blissett repped this.
  20. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Yay! *hugs you until you explode* :x3: (but, can you get the other reference?)

Barring the lack of 'pomme, one of our most elite agents, I take full responsibility for this recent lull in posts *salutes* It will not happen again! :)

As superstitious as I am, 'kota, I'm inclined to agree with this theory.:D

Lechus7 repped this.
  21. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This week is quarter finals of Empress cup.

The match between Vegalta and Belle will be shown on TV live on Sunday 1400 local time.

22. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Yes, too much........ or maybe its me, I dont get the movie reference. Of course I get the vampire one, being the first to detect the signs on the forum.
    The Kawasumi haters notice that the Kawasumi over-raters have yet to post an Exciting Series stats summary for her.

23. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Just noticing that its a brilliant"Last-8" setup as its pretty much the top 8 seeds that are left. I wish I was still in Japan! Anyone of the 8 can win it, even Iga with Amy Sugita and Kristy Mewis scoring goals. Although it seems Rachel van H returned to the USA this week as there is no hope of recovery of her injury before the Final.

Predictions of a Winner anyone?
    I will go with ......... Albirex, due to last year's near miss. But first they must beat Beleza tomorrow.

24. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    I see that Potsdam have reached the last 4 in the Pokal Cup, winning 0-3 to Koln, and Asano played 75 minutes but no goals for her.
    Tomorrow its Frankfurt v Bayern in the Cup, and if you are in the right time zone unlike me, you can watch Mano and Kozue live HERE

25. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Okay, I'm sorry. I'll stop then.