Official 2014 Japanese NT Thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by OneiroPhobia, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I hope for Ota as left back and Nagatomo right back.

2. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Whatever. It's better when it comes to side back than forward for JNT. Schalke won this time. Too bad for Ueda as he won't be able to go to idol events in his free time from the club :cry:

3. Ogasawara

Ogasawara Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  4. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Not really whatever when you lose your best performer, no.

OneiroPhobia repped this.
  5. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    I would be more worried if there was no Honda or Hasebe or Endo or Okazaki or Yoshida rather than Uchida.

He's better performing for Schalke, I can understand his decission as that's where his money come from. I can't remember any great games from him in 2014 wearing NT uniform so I won't shed a tear if he doesn't like to take part in Asian Cup. Good luck for 2018 WC and his club team.

6. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Didn't know you didn't watch the World Cup. You didn't really miss out anyways.

7. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Actually Uchida was Japan's best peeformer in the last WC.

8. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Being good during WC means doing nothing wrong if talk about JNT in Brazil ;) But I agree - he was OK there but not in the best form after months off the pitch.

I think there was some kind of agreement between JFA and Schalke with letting him go for WC. Now JFA had to return a favour. That's why they announced just before the start of AC training camp and I wouldn't be surprised if Uchida was the first guy who told Ueda that he's going to Australia. Of course there's other option like he's knee condition grew worse after he had to attend all of those photo sessions but I don't buy it. The whole thing has been done because of his earlier words that he's considering giving up on NT earlier this year (very careless for 26 yo guy) and to avoid him being portreyed as the guy who gave up because he doesn't care anymore (and he probably cares a lot about his future NT career) or using bold words like 'coward' (especially when you have guys like Honda in the team with constant knee problems). Now he's not going there and whether he played well or bad doesn't matter.

9. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    He was good, it's not an insult, you can say it. I think everybody understood he went down to a fake injury, he's resting his body, but the way this is staged gives a sour taste in the mouth. And it is indeed a huge football loss.

10. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well true there is more depth there, but Uchida is clearly the best right-back, so we lose something if he isn't there. The forwards on the other hand are all pretty much invisible, so...

11. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    http://video.fc2.com/content/20141229KvdVpeut/&tk=T0RBMU5URTROVGM9

A documentary called 'True Zakku Japan". Based on the book of Daisuke Yano who worked as the translator for Zaccheroni by the words from his diary with the ex-coach commentary. For the users who understand Italian - you don't have to know Japanese to understand as most of the talk is in Italian (unfortunately I understand more in Japanese than in Italian ;)). If it have been more detailed 2 hours show I would still watch it without a feeling of the time wasted. Great for anyone who had been following Japanese NT for the past 4 years like I did. I still remember all of those games showed there and probably will for the rest of my life. From Argentina to Colombia. Through Asian Cup, eliminations for Brazilian WC, last year's games aginst Netherlands and Belgium when I thought that's the team that can fight for something more than advancing from the group in Brazil (probably I'm not the only one here) to the complete defeat.

12. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm seeing it. Fantastic.

13. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Numbers for the Asia Cup

Code:
    1 川島永嗣
    2 植田直通
    3 太田宏介
    4 本田圭佑
    5 長友佑都
    6 森重真人
    7 遠藤保仁
    8 清武弘嗣
    9 岡崎慎司
    10 香川真司
    11 豊田陽平
    12 西川周作
    13 小林悠
    14 武藤嘉紀
    15 今野泰幸
    16 塩谷司
    17 長谷部誠
    18 乾貴士
    19 昌子源
    20 柴崎岳
    21 酒井高徳
    22 吉田麻也
    23 東口順昭 

takeuchi and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  14. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    A summary would be greatly appreciated. if someone can.... please....

Isn't Uchida still on the maybe list, because from the articles I'm reading, the staff might still expect Uchida to be with the team. Uchida and Nagatomo had been Japan's best full-backs, and they're well known in their league as well. But it seems Nagatomo hasn't been able to keep up since his injury, so Uchida is undoubtly our best Full-Back atm. From the article, it seem they also thinking of playing Nagatomo on the right while G. Sakai be playing Left-back.

15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    there's still time for Toyoda to catch a cold, fingers crossed.

16. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I watched it. Practically Daisuke - the translator - went to Cesenatico (Zac's home-town) to pay his respects and to talk about the last 4 years. From the beginning to the World Cup, passing through the earthquake, the CC, the EAFF Cup, the great victories and some strange losses.

17. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Then Zac is still respected and worthy of a documentary there in Japan despite someone said that the loss in Brazil would have wiped all his precedent work and victories. Nice.

18. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Shibasaki has the flu and will stay in Japan until he heals. Another sign we'll get the everlasting Endo - Hasebe combi, we're definitely going forward in 2015 !

19. Ogasawara

Ogasawara Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I highly doubt that Toyoda will play at the Asian Cup. He will probably spend most of the time on the bench.
    I assume that Okazaki will be the Top striker.
    And Shibasaki seems to be cursed. Before the east Asian cup he was already injured and couldn't show his skills
    and now he has the flu.

20. gamban98

gamban98 Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  21. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  22. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    I don't understand why there's criticism of Aguirre for calling the players who played under Zaccheroni.

- Atsuto Uchida​

23. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    And... ?

24. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC

25. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    jesus, it's the 2nd, he can't recover in 10 days? I understand that there might be a fitness problem but the first match - with all due respect- is against Palestine