Official 2013 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by And G, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Anybody recognise the female coach?!
    That's Ayumi Hara, she had the Nadeshiko # shirt for the 2007 WWC and 2008 Olympics. The video shows her brilliant "solo" against Norway in the Olympics, the day the Nadeshiko stepped up as a first-rank team (ie.... in a win-or-go-home game, they won 5-1 against former world champs).

This Jeffy guy on YT has about a dozen short amateur videos of the current high-school or collegiate competition. Games covered are Waseda's win (one scorer is Ishida - was she a #u-17 star?) and also Kibi v Nittidai which I only looked at briefly because like Vegalta I dont know who is who! I think Nishikawa is wearing #8 or #9? And which # is Chiho T? Actually which short color are they?
    Also I guess from UnePomme's remark that Kibi lost this game on PKs despite being 2 goals ahead at one point. Still those Nittidai were good, I remember Chiaki Shimada among them.
    Edit - the singing of the fans is amazing!

blissett and unepomme repped this.
  2. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Is a great "solo", like you say, but the Norway's GK made a considerable blunder :p

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mission accomplished! :cool: I've got Emi Yamamoto's autograph and photos. And she even scored today, while I was watching her match! (Although her team lost 3-1, because Napoli's GK is basically a joke, while Como's one isn't)

But let's start from the beginning (= little report of today's match :p).
    This afternoon in Pontelambro (near Como) was a wonderful sunny day: we're at the beginning of january, but the temperature suggested an early spring day.
    This is a view of the pitch, Campo Sportivo di Pontelambro:

[​IMG]

Unluckily, as you can see, there was a barrier between the pitch and the standings, so it wasn't easy being very close to the players:

[​IMG]

When I said that the field was easy to reach by train, I wasn't joking...

[​IMG]

...although I've been said that you can't actually jump directly from the train to the pitch (so I didn't).

When teams came out for warming up, I was excited to see that Emi Yamamoto was warming up with the starters (you'll remember that in her 1st match she was a 2nd half sub).
    Obviously :mad: Napoli Carpisa Yamamay decided to warm up at the opposite side of the pitch, that wasn't accessible to me, so the pics of warming up aren't so great (my zoom is quite poor :(: I had told you that I couldn't use my nice brand new camera...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(I'll link you to more [poor] pics at the end of the post)

The match was quite enjoyable: 0-0 in first half, but many dangers, especially from Emi's set pieces (she was taking quite all CKs and FKs); below you can see a scramble from a Yamamoto's CK, where Como's GK made one of several miracle-saves:

[​IMG]

Emi was playing on the right wing in 1st half, opposite to my seat. So I said to myself: "Well, at least, in 2nd half she will be right in front of me". Well, yes, except that at about 10' in 2nd half the coach put in #17 Giacinti and made her play on the right wing, so Emi was moved at the center... o_O

In 2nd half Emi was dangerous in at least 4-5 occasions, 2-3 of them being direct Miyama-like FKs; here you can see another save by opponent GK on an Emi's FK:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Napoli was dominating, but Como scored from a CK action after a clever counter-attack at about 20'!
    About ten minutes after that, Yamamoto scored with a middle-range screamer :eek: and was celebrated by all team-mates (sorry I didn't capture that, too much busy exulting :D).
    Then Napoli's GK had quite a number of brain farts on Como's counter-attack actions (she took two ridicolous goals and got a yellow card from touching the ball with her hand outside of the box, with the subsequent FK leading to one of those goals).
    In the end, a draw would have been deceiving for Napoli, and they even lost the match. o_O Guess it happens in football, when you waste so much, and I am sorry to say that at the end Napoli's players were quite nervous (except obvioulsy sweet Yamamoto) and one of them would have probably deserved to be sent off...

After the match, I waited outside of the changing rooms for the players to come out, while winter's early darkness was closing in: Emi Yamamoto was quite late (one of the lasts) but she was so gracious to stop by and sign an autograph for me and let me take a photo. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She was incredibly cool and kind, and she was speaking good english (since, as mumf pointed out, she lived in USA for several years). She looked a little surprised to find a Nadeshiko Japan's fan waiting for her... :D
    She then ran to the bus, and I even forgot to congratulate her for her goal (but, on second thought, maybe it's better this way, since they lost the match, after all).

About the autograph, I wonder why she has written the numer #14 next to her signing... o_O I had told her that I was a Nadeshiko Japan's fan, but I checked her numbers and she was #16 at WWC 2003 and #7 at Olympics 2004... Today she was wearing #9: maybe it's a new number for her and she was wearing #14 until last week, when she wasn't a starter yet? I'll have to check last match highlights... Probably she signed with her "old" Napoli's number, although she's now been apparently promoted to the main team.

I link you to all of the photos that I took today (not many more than what I showed you here: they're 33 and many of them not so good).

Finally, I am sorry for the very long post, but right now I don't have a blog to post my report and I really wanted to make one (unlike people living in Germany, USA, France, Japan, actually watching a Japanese player in my country is quite a one in a million chance for me :p, so i was quite enthousiastic). I hope you'll forgive me for having posted it here, as a way to share it. :notworthy:

gricio61, KAPIJXM, Lechus7 and 5 others repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Two nice pictures of Emi in action, that I couldn't post because they were exceeding the "10 images per post" limit (I didn't even know that it existed, before :giggle:):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Virany and blesstherebel repped this.
  5. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Wow, it must be pretty awesome to talk with the players, I'm jealous. All things considered, those are some pretty great shots, bliss. It's a shame that they ended up losing but at there was one ray of hope. Hopefully she can keep the goals coming. Thanks for the match report!

Also, how do you rep posts? Sometimes I see a rep button and then it mysteriously vanishes other times.

6. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    She was #13 last week, and her goal then was also a screamer.....so she can shoot. In case people did not realise, the video you posted then has a "break" in the middle, but if you go direct to 4:33 you can see (she has beautiful eyes! looks around 18 years old) and hear her interviewed - plus see the goal.
    The photo reminds me of when I met my few Nadeshiko at Sky Blue, NJ - no competition for an autograph, modest clubhouse, luggage and bus.
    So all that remains blissett is to ask you to confirm.... when/where is the date? :cool:

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I guess the "rep" button should always be on the bottom-right corner, next to the "quote" button. It vanishes when the message is... yours :D (You can't auto-rep yourself, apparently :rolleyes:).

But I've been said that there are some devices (mobiles? o_O) where the "rep" button doesn't use to appear, although I am not sure about that...

8. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    You'd figure, but right now all I see is "#132 Quote" on your post. Nothing else. And that's on my computer. Weird. I gues, I'll wait for it make its reappearance some day soon :)

9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, I checked the video I had posted too, and she was #13. Although it's not very well written, I guess there's no way that the number she wrote beside the autograph could be a #13. At max it could be a badly written #19, but it really seems a #14 more than anything else...
    It's a mistery... Could it be the number she had back then in Tasaki Perule? o_O Could it be the number she was wearing in Nadeshiko Japan the last time that she was called? o_O Any Japanese friend can somehow help to solve the mistery?

Yes, there wasn't for sure any competition for her autograph... :D I seriously doubt any people attending at the match even knew that there was a player on the pitch that had played and scored at Olympics (although I heard some Como's supporters' worried comments about "Napoli's new Japanese player" and they were saying that "she's short, but she's good" :giggle:).
    To give you an idea of the atmosphere, I guess there were hardly 100/150 people attending at the match (probably some teams in Serie A Femminile can have better audiences, but not "so much better"; I guess that's the dimension of women's football here in Italy... :().

We agreed that our love can't have a future because Milano is about 700 Km far away from Napoli... :inlove:

10. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Well, here's what I've been working on. Hope you guys like. I make these at 800x600 so if you guys are interested in the big versions, let me know.

... and the rep button came back. :)

Attached Files:

KAPIJXM, Moukoko, Micol and 2 others repped this.
  11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I like very much #10 and #11 (she looks so tiny: is she younger or is she simply a little one? :giggle:)
    Am I wrong or they both say that they hope to play in Nadeshiko Japan? :giggle:

Anyway, 2013 Challenge League is becoming more and more interesting every day, with every new piece of news...

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, they look great!!! :thumbsup:

Yes, I noticed. :p Thanks for the reps.

13. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    1 one scorer is Ishida - was she a #u-17 star?

I think no; I've never heard of Ishida Minami of Waseda. One name you know well of Waseda members is Takagi Hikari, or maybe Seguchi and Tanimoto?

2 I think Nishikawa is wearing #8 or #9? And which # is Chiho T? Actually which short color are they?

#9 is Nishikawa and Chiho wears #10 of white.

3 Still those Nittidai were good, I remember Chiaki Shimada among them.

#6 is Oguri and #10 is Shimada of blue.

By the way, the final of Waseda vs Nittaidai is held today.

14. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    They who answered the interviews were all at the same age (14 or 15); they are starting high school days this spring, I think.
    And you are right. They hope to play in Nadeshiko in the future.

blissett repped this.
  15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Me too, I was remembering that there had been Winter Olympics in Nagano, in some year, but knowing what's supposedly the... altitude of a place is very different from actually knowing its longitude and latitude. :giggle:

Anyway, I checked on an-turtar's maps, and I found Nagano is north-west from Tokyo, actually not so far from the capital: also in the central part of the Honshu island, only closer to the west coast.

16. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's result 1:

Koube Placer 1-3 Jef U18

17. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's result of the Inter College Tournament's final:

Waseda 1-2 Nittaidai

18. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's result 2:

Urawa Youth 2-3 Menina

Hasegawa Yui scored the winning goal in the extra time.

blissett repped this.
  19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, despite Waseda usually being the stronger University team, I quite expected that after they eliminated Takahashi (basically a Nadeshiko League team) in semi-finals.

You get awards at U-17 WWC for a reason... :cool:

20. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    What a disaster that was for the girls, should have had Nittaidai buried by half time but just couldn't get the third goal. Once again lost in the semi-final on penalties, and to the same team. I watched it with all the parents, mostly Chiho and Saki's parents. It was a big shock to everyone, the girls were unrecognisable they cried so much. Actually today Tanimoto nearly had to be carried off she was so upset. It's always hardest on the 4th year girls.

Watching the final was painful, as Waseda just weren't that good, and Kibi could have beaten them. Try again next year.

Enormous crowd of over 6,000. Helps that Waseda were in the men's final too.

I wandered into the stadium on Friday and someone called my name, so I knew I'd been spotted by the Kibi folks. They confirmed that they got my cakes ok and I gave them even more cakes. I met all the girls before the game and they were all in good spirits, and I also met Nojima captain Oyama Saki wearing a tremendous shawl out on the street. I congratulated her on their promotion and wished them well for next season.

I gave some cakes to a Nittaidai squad member after the final for Oguri Mao, I wasn't going to be able to meet her though. They assumed I was a scout, so I showed them my website and the thing I wrote about Mao so they wouldn't think I was some weirdo.

As for Nagano, wow, the Challenge League is where the action will be next year.

unepomme and Lechus7 repped this.
  21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am not sure if anyone checked the new videos Moukoko uploaded yesterday, but in the Sasaki's interview there is a quite interesting part (apart form what he says, that I obviously can't understand :p). At about 1':55"/1':58" we can see the action of the 1st goal vs Brazil at Olympics from an angle that I don't think we had before... In your opinion, people, with this new angle, is it easier to tell if Ohno slightly touched Sawa's FK-assist or not? o_O

22. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Look at the question on this arcade quiz game...
    quiz.jpg

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, quite easy one, even for a non-Japanese like me: write down Takahashi, between FC and Charme, and press OK! :laugh:

(Actually if I'd really have to write it down in Japanese characters, I could have some problem... o_O ...Oh, well!)

24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am sorry to say that i don't think that anyone else but me will have a chance to see Emi's goal from yesterday, because I didn't notice any crew around the pitch to film highlights (and I guess it was quite impossible for me not noticing it, if it had been there...)
    Anyway, I'll maybe scout the "Women's League in Italy" thread, later, to see if anyone there knows more about the subject...

I'll add some additional info about the match: I heard some Como's supporters say that the GK that denied more than one goal to Emi was very very young, and checking on the team's site I found that she's just 14! :eek: For sure she has an extraordinary sense of positioning, especially for her age.

A special moment that I couldn't record happened just after warm-up: quite all of the players were already gone to the changing rooms, and so I had put my camera away in my backpack, figuring that there was no photo to be taken for some minutes, until the teams were back on the pitch for the match. That's when I noticed that Napoli's coach had stopped Emi by the sideline, at the opposite side of the pitch, and he was giving her some special instructions: I am not sure if it was because he wanted to repeat in English what he had already said in Italian to all of the team, or if it was because he had some special important role for her in the match; anyway, while there was no-one else on the pitch they were talking for at least a pair of minutes... until, guess what? I decided to take out the camera again to capture this moment, and the moment when I was having my camera in my hand was the exact moment when they stopped talking and walked to the changing room... :rolleyes: :unsure:

unepomme repped this.
  25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I now noticed that the last 3 parts of the Japan-North Korea video that I posted the other day aren't included in the "auto-start" videos. I hope no-one missed them for that, but anyway I feel obliged to point to part 11, part 12 and part 13 of that video, including the unreasonable full-5-minutes extra-time :confused: and post-match celebrations.
    By the way, there are other players, between the ones that are protagonists still today, that appear in those last parts: apart from Urawa Red Diamonds Ladies' Miyuki Yanagita, who replaces Emi Yamamoto in the last minutes, you can spot on the bench, starting at about 2':00" of video #11, Yayoi Kobayashi (that could be seen also in video #2, at about 2':01", exulting for first goal; by the way, after a wonderful 2012 season she's currently facing a potentially career-ending injury: good luck Yayoi! :thumbsup:), and very young Yuki Nagasato and Kozue Ando. :giggle:

unepomme and joelps repped this.