Official 2013 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by And G, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patorikku

Patorikku Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Montreal, Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes i had:) . I need to check them out. I did not use my PC for the past month so i need to update on many things. Thank's for your help!:thumbsup:

2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, good luck, then... :giggle: There are a lot of things to watch and you'll need some spare time for sure to do it! :rolleyes:

Meanwhile I see that, with the new year, you have a new avatar. :giggle: It's very nice.

And, people, in less than a day this thread has already reached page #2. o_O There's no doubt that we're keeping up the rhythm to reach #400 again...

Patorikku repped this.
  3. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I agree.
    I was ever wondering why no one used Naho in this thread.

blissett and Patorikku repped this.
  4. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Fukumoto and Miyama will stay with Belle.

Virany and blissett repped this.
  5. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    Great for Belle and great for Nadeshiko League, but is it great for Miyama?

Virany repped this.
  6. Wavester

Wavester Member

Jul 21, 2005
    [​IMG]

For those interested in catching the show, that's Asahi TV @ 18:30... so, about 4 hours from now?

Patorikku, Virany and unepomme repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If I could see Asahi TV I would be GREATLY interested... :unsure: Oh, well, let's hope later I get a video from that, as usual. :giggle:
    For sure at Asahi TV they know how to raise their audience: am I wrong that Sawa, Kawasumi and Yoko Tanaka are (in this order) the most popular women players in Japan right now? (By most popular I mean: most known + most loved media darlings)

Meanwhile, while watching yesterday's Homare Sawa and Abby Wambach vs Robo Keeper, I was wondering how likely it is that Wambach is actually Sawa's successor as Player of the Year; this year I didn't follow much the event: when exactly the gala will take place and so when will we know if in the end it's Wambach or Morgan? o_O (I obviously don't want to even consider the possibility that Marta wins)

Patorikku repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I guess that, unless she's going to play in a big all-star club, à la Los Angeles Sol, Miyama's right place is Belle: a middle-size club where she's the star, the captain and the spiritual guidance, and she can proudly defy bigger clubs, while helping younger players to grow, playing as "teacher" and role-model.

Right now there are only a handful of club in the world where i could see Miyama play; usual suspects: OL, 1.FFC Frankfurt, 1.FFC Turbine Potsdam, VfL Wolfsburg, Western New York Flash, maybe some other high profile club of the new US League. Obviously no-one of them has Miyama in their projects right now and/or Miyama decided she's not really interested in trying (in the end she only said that she hadn't signed yet for Belle; the notion that she was attracted by the idea of playing abroad again was simply a media guess, if I am not wrong).

Fukumoto is obviously ok where she is: she got international recognition with Olympics + POTY short list induction, but I guess she's too old for the abroad experience, and there is already too much competition between high level GKs in the best clubs in the world, and then Belle is exactly the right place to keep her reflexes tested: a club good enough to not get frustrated, but not good enough to have her get just 1-2 shots on goal in a whole match, like often happened to Kaihori in INAC. In Belle, Fukumoto can play a main role, and I guess that's good both for her and for NT.

Edit: And G, you changed avatar just for the sake of change with the new year? :giggle: Is this one a temporary one, while you choose which club to root for in 2013 season? :giggle:

9. Patorikku

Patorikku Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Montreal, Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Thank you for the news!
    Like blissett already said: If I could see Asahi TV I would be GREATLY interested... :unsure: Oh, well, let's hope later I get a video from that, as usual. :giggle:
    Same for me, i hope :giggle: .

10. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Next Monday 7 January. It's on Eurosport (Germany, but probably also others) at 7pm CET, but it may be worthwhile looking for a livestream on FIFA.com. They usually also broadcast the press conference in the afternoon.

But to be honest I don't particularly care who wins this year, since none of the three on the shortlist particularly appeals to me. :rolleyes:

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nor do I, but I guess I'd appreciate Wambach anyway, since she's been so cool to Sawa last year and it's Sawa's friend.
    Moreover, I guess she probably deserves it more than Morgan (and infinitely more than Marta this year :eek:) and it would be the top of an high-level career.

12. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I think you can see, but it includes a lot of programs in it, and I don't know when they appear:

http://ja.justin.tv/nakaty1#/w/4481981696

Patorikku repped this.
  13. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Happy New Year, everyone.
    A little late, sorry, but there were connectivity issues at my parents house, our temp shelter. I hope thinks will be resolved next week, once we are moved in out apartment. I will be close to Frankfurt and can't wait to see Saki, Kuezo, and Yuki live! :)

14. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Now that get started.

15. Virany

Virany Member

Nov 6, 2011
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Happy 2013!! Best wishes for everyone o(^.^)o...

16. Patorikku

Patorikku Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Montreal, Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Cool thank's!:thumbsup: I'm watching it right now! But maybe i'm too late and i already missed it.

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I've done a first-of-the-year nostalgic full-immersion, by re-watching the whole 2011 WWC matches vs Germany, Sweden and USA that were recently posted here, on the "old" 2012 thread...
    Wow it was worth! :p

Now I'll admit I'd gladly watch the group stage matches too (the infamous one vs England included :giggle:).

18. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I know Saki and Yuki but, who is Kuezo? o_O

19. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any chance the full charity match video will surface? In this Y. Tanaka vid from the charity match there is a great embrace between Iwabuchi and Shibata at 5:20.

Patorikku and unepomme repped this.
  20. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Excerpts from Sasaki's talk:

I want to value each player's ability this year.
    Although people praise young Nadeshiko players, the youngs like Tanayo or Naomoto are not enough in terms of speedy switchover between attack and defence, anticipation, sensitivity and alertness.

I will take even middle-rank regular players off if they are growing slow and put younger players in if they play good, but I won't conduct generation change just because someone is, or will be, too old.
    I won't choose young players just from expectations, but I may select younger ones if they have the same ability in the same position.

21. NoDefense

NoDefense Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    English to English from Japanese translation is, "Sawa will be playing".

22. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Okay.
    He also says about Sawa:

Since she has acute sense, Sawa can still play at the world stage if she can keep the current amount of exercise.
    It varies with each player how long they can play as a player.
    So she can play at the next WWC as long as she has the will of fighting for the NT.

I want younger players to watch Sawa's attitude and feel something. I think it can generate great synergetic effect.

23. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    I have only the second half of Japan-England (100% of the second half), and both Japan-Mexico and Japan New Zealand at 85% (from more than a month) Some players can reproduce those incomplete files wich ammount to aprox. 30 min from each half.

If you wish, I could share the t0rrent file and you could download the same as I Have.

24. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Its obvious that a player or two from teams like Jeff (such as Risa Ikadai, #8 or #9) or maybe Iga should get a chance?

:) Hi everyone, sorry that you missed me....... caused at first by huricane Sandy, but 99% caused by two silly PC access issues that happened within days of each other (one being that IE #7 is no longer supported by BS). I actually followed the board most days on a tiny blackberry device, and I even saw the Mobcast Cup final (and maybe a semi?) thanks to a justinTV link posted here, although I did miss the Empress final and Sawa/Friends matches, which appear to have been brilliant.

Yes I did get an email from Miyama just around the time I got cut off, but first let me post a piece of my email (now a month old) to AndG as perhaps people would like these movies, which were the inspiration to much more famous "The Hunger Games" (yes this is totally off-topic) ->
    ...... references to Japanese culture (movies or legend........ your post with my message about "the meaning of Keiko's smile". ..... here is the movie, free on-line (it will work, no need to download anything) - http://www.alluc.org/movies/watch-battle-royale-2000-online/41960.html - and after 52:00 you (and the forum) can study what Kekio meant too.
    There is even a sequel - you will love a certain #4: http://www.alluc.org/movies/watch-battle-royale-ii-2003-online/48388.html (no need to download any software, just be patient)
    Warning - these are "B-movies" - not Cannes material !

blissett, Patorikku and unepomme repped this.
  25. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Its obvious she loved the USA, but who could trust their new league? Remember, two teams collapsed under her, the third later survived by dumping any good players it had. Its hard to go to Germany and learn yet another language. Anyway, she could always go in 2014, time enough nefore WWC 2015.
    best avatar ever Virany?
    HNY everyone too! By the way, everyone in Europe should visit and meet one or all of these players, plus Mana too. I could have seen (and met) Miyama, Sawa, Arakawa, Maruyama and Yamaguchi several times, but only took 5% of my chances - thanfully I met Mami and especially the two Aya's, got autographs etc without the least competition either.... but I regret missing out on Sawa.
    Quite by accident I found a YT video a month ago and now cannot find it at all. It is a "survey" by a Tokyo TV channel on the city's streets, dated 15 or 16 July 2011 (just days before the WWC final) asking questions such as: 1. Why has the women's soccer team become popular? (about 50% knew); 2. Who are they playing? (nobody knew) 3. Who will win the Final? (about 33% picked Japan).
    But in answer to: Can you name any of the players? - fewer than half knew any at all, and every one of those knew just a single name - Sawa - all of the others were unknown, even though about half knew they had just won the semi v Sweden.
    Anyone have this video in their favorites?

KAPIJXM, Virany and unepomme repped this.