Official 2013-14 MISL Attendance Thread

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by bbwavefan, Nov 15, 2013.

1. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Alas, promotional budgets -- much like Nutella -- can only be spread so thin...

Bluesfan repped this.
  2. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Most? No. Occasionally? Sure. We all are... because for whatever reason, we care far too much than we should... and for some of us, we have FOR DECADES!

3. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's entirely possible to care too much and share the great knowledge you have without continuously insulting everyone else on here who also loves indoor soccer, calling them names at every chance, and beating to death the fact that you think you are better than everyone else alive and no one is worthy to even be in your presence. Just sayin'.

GoStorm repped this.
  4. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    attendance is counted by tickets sold , not who shows up for the game

5. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    Everybody here knows that Lewis, but the point that everyone on here that regularly goes to Wave games is saying is that while attendance figures are roughly the same as last season the actually crowds are noticeably larger. Maybe the team isn't printing off as many tickets that aren't being used, maybe the people getting the tickets are actually using them, or as stated by others maybe the team isn't artificially inflating the numbers as much as in the past. Whatever it is, the numbers say average attendance is down slightly in Milwaukee from last year but there's way more people at the games.

mjames1229 repped this.
  6. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    MISL attendance through 1/12/14:

Screen Shot 2014-01-13 at 2.11.36 PM.png

If you remove the PA Roar's figures, league attendance would average 4,895 per game.

7. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe the wave don't count there Comp tickets , I thought the waves crowds have been larger my self I thought is was up not down , its a shame we wont play you guys anymore this year because the blast wave games always drew well

8. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some teams count tickets distributed when they announce attendance. This is not just in the MISL; the Big 4 do it too.

9. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    In my experience most teams do just that. Count all tickets distributed when they announce attendance, not sold. Part of it comes from if you give away 500 free tickets, you can call it promotions if you selling 4000 tickets for a game. This is a tax write off..........TO AN EXTENT. You cannot go overboard and claim something ridiculous for seeking a deduction for promo tickets. You also cannot claim full value. Finally, the ticket has to be used, if you give someone a ticket and they throw it in the trash, that doesn't count.

10. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    If you sell 2,000 tickets and give away 4,000 and you have 4,500 at the game you can't announce 2,000 paid.

If you have 9,000 tickets out and only 4,000 people show up you can't announce 9,000 tickets out.

11. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Can't? Why can't you? Are the "arena management police" going to stop you? You can announce whatever you want. The press can snicker, and when they write their articles, they might reference "before an announced 4,000 at First Ed Hale Arena."

Arenas owned by the public (municipality, county or state) might have to be transparent in their record keeping, but they don't control what is announced... and if they value their rent checks, they don't comment on announced attendance in the press.

thejamootz repped this.
  12. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    You can announce whatever you want, but Lewis said all teams announce tickets out. Perhaps instead of "can't" I should have said "it would be ridiculous to".

13. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    MISL Attendance from Friday, 1/17/14:

Rochester: 7,833
    Baltimore: 6,432
    Missouri: 4,349

14. Mkewavefan10

Mkewavefan10 Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man the lancers can get the fans in the doors love that! Good for MISL.

15. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounded like an amazing atmosphere too. Fans were loud and really into the game, especially in the closing minutes.

16. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Syd you were sitting right next to me there was no way in hell we had Baltimore: 6,432 in that building last night
    4500 topps

17. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was it free trading card night?

GoStorm repped this.
  18. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I thought it was about 5,500.

19. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    You can meet me if you come to a Mustangs game? or if I make it to the Championship game with the Mustangs in it

20. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only for me LOL

21. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Ambush / Roar Game should have about 3-4 K , they have been given tickets away all over facebook so lets hope it get them a few fans in return .

22. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5,167 at The Cell tonight.

23. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I was at the game as well and actually commented to a guy near me I thought it looked like about 5-6K, so 5,500 sounds about right.

And no it wasn't Topps night, it was SuperHero night w/ Batman... no lie.

24. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    Odd...the crowd last night seemed to be the smallest in the last 3 games yet had the highest reported attendance. I wonder if some who bought tickets were scared off by the light snow we were getting earlier in the day.