Official 2012 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - part I

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Micol, Jan 3, 2012.

1. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Former Verdy and Beleza coach and manager Matsuda Takeo is the new Sayama manager. That's a statement of intent regarding getting back into the Nadeshiko League.

Today is a busy day for news, and it's not even 1 p.m.

blissett repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, the comparison with the numbers 2 years later shows how huge a leap the post-WWC 2011 era was! :eek: The fact that an INAC-Albirex match could gather just 210 supporters sounds laughable now, but it speaks volumes about what happened meanwhile.

Watching Vegalta Sendai figures, I had the feeling that TEPCO Mareeze had a solid base of followers, but I didn't think it could even be top 2... (I had placed it something like 4 or 5, I guess). And it's quite ironic that Anclas didn't lose many supporters, but those same figures, two years later, grant them a solid last place! :giggle:

If we somehow forgot what's happened in the last two years, these statistics are for sure a reality check. It was an utter change of universe! :eek:

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nice: I had the main info quite right, although it was all fuzzy in my memory... what was the result? Something alike 3-0 Japan with goals by Arakawa and brace by Otani?
    Does anyone remember the very good performance by Yamamoto in this match? Actually that's the very reason why I knew her and I had started liking her.
    I remember having watched the match in a 8 or 9 parter youtube video that someone had posted here: does anyone happen to still have the link to those videos of the whole match?

4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I repeatedly said that it's the solution that I would like also! :thumbsup: I hope guys at JFA are smart enough to get to the same conclusion... they are smarter than we are, aren't they? o_O

You'll forgive me if I still don't know the names of all Takahashi's girls: who's the one next to Chiho Takahashi, wearing the Bart Simpson t-shirt?

5. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    INAC's attendance figures for 2011:
    1403, 884, 448, 17812, 21236, 13010, 10585, 5588.

From 448 on June 11th to 17,812 on July 24th.

6. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    blissett repped this.
  7. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    It's certainly a possibility, and I imagine that that's the discussion they're having at the moment. They'll need to be vigilant on the costs for the clubs for any extra games, but whatever they do there's clearly an issue with the setup of the Challenge League.

Would you believe that I don't know either! I've looked at the pictures of the players and coaches over and over and still can't tell. She's definitely not one of the regular starting members, but I've seen her picture a few times, and in news reports on Youtube too.

[​IMG]

Some of them look very different with their hair cut, compare Takahashi Chiho from the start of the 2011 season and at the start of last season:
    3_takahashi.jpg 11_takahashi_chiho1.jpg

8. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    The news that Ohno is moving is now on INAC's website, and there will be a press conference tomorrow.

blissett repped this.
  9. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
  10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, I admit I like the sun. And this winter in Milano is being quite cold: raining weather right now, but it snowed a lot in the middle of december.

But I've born in Milano and I am quite used to home weather. And it looks like there could be no need to transfer to Napoli to watch Yamamoto play: most clubs of women's Seria A are in the north of the country, so I could easily follow some away matches. Now that I think about it, the next match of Carpisa Yamamay Napoli is an away match in Como, on the 5th of january. And Como is just about an half hour from Milano by train... ;) And it's also a very pretty little town, and the famous lake of Como (featured in "Star Wars - the Phantom Menace" as the setting for the lake scenes on Naboo :rolleyes:) makes the climate mild and warmer...
    Am I really planning a trip to Como on the first saturday of january? :D

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am not sure if I remember exactly who Asako Takakura is... Does anyone have a picture of her?

Nice. I'd like them to come back to Nadeshiko League! :thumbsup: This means that they'll probably keep their best players, including Rie Azami?

Well, we have to get to 10.000 posts in a few days, aren't we? :laugh:

12. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    More news. Matsui Miki and the two Korean players Gwon Su Jin and Mok Hyun Su have left Takatsuki.

13. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    高倉麻子 is her name in Japanese, there are lots of pictures out there so you should find them easily.

Tomorrow's news today: "New Sayama boss releases entire squad, looks to raid schools for talent."

14. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    That is a lot less unexpected than that they played there in the first place.

15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I guess they didn't get much playing time anyway, did they? o_O

16. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    From the Nadeshiko League website, we have Bunnys' Christmas party:
    [​IMG]

Another one of Asuka's famous gyoza parties:
    [​IMG]

17. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Right, I've been having a conversation with another Takahashi supporter, and we both after much discussion believe that it's Matsushita Fumiko. She looks very different when she's smiling. Her hair is longer now than it used to be too.

blissett repped this.
  18. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    The big charity auction starts tomorrow, how much are you bidding for the jersey signed by the U-20 players?
    [​IMG]

Maybe Kawasumi's 'yume' effort is more to your liking?
    [​IMG]

19. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Kobayashi Yayoi is out injured for eight months. Poor Yayoi... I must send her cake.

20. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Ok, so now another dude says he's just asked the FC Takahashi manager and he says that it's Koike Ayano in this picture, but it really doesn't look like her, but I suppose some of the players look different in every picture.

DSC00267.jpg

21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sob... This could even risk ending her career? :cry: How old is she?

22. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    She's just turned 31 in September, so indeed it could be the end.

23. joelps

joelps Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sorry if this is repeating an old topic, but did anybody else in here notice the few YT vids floating around with footage of the recent (unofficial) women's Futsal World Championship?

I know that the JFA is committed to the growth of Fustal as an important training tool for youth, and a professional career option for adults, but I was really surprised and impressed to see Japan having both male and female representation at both their respective major global 5 a side events this year.

25. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    Thanks to Micol I already have this greatest of all finals. You wouldn't happen to have the Sweden game, though? I'm missing that one, which is a shame since it was possibly the Nadeshiko's best performance of the tournament.

I was looking for futsal videos a while ago, but found none of the Japanese team. If you have any links, please share.

Horrible way to end a career. Wasn't she a former Nadeshiko as well?