Official 2012 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - part I

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Micol, Jan 3, 2012.

1. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    http://www.nikkansports.com/soccer/news/p-sc-tp0-20120619-969638.html

INAC joins the battle for Sameshima's signature. According to this an INAC official says "We want Sameshima to join INAC. It looks like there is going to be a tournament similar to men's club world championship by next year. So We'd like to send message to her that we'd like to aim for the club champion together". The report also says there is an offer from a German club as well as Vegalta Sendai.

About the mini-tournament, I've read it somewhere. It looks like there are more teams coming to Japan this Nov/Dec as well as Lyon. The report I read mentioned Australian team as well as South Korean team. Personally it'd be better if there is a team from North America rather than two Asian teams.

2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, there is a real cat-fight ongoing to get Sameshima: most wanted woman player on earth. :giggle: I guess it has much to do not only with the fact that she's one of the best (and rare) left-backs in the world, but also with prettiness factor, bringing in lots of interests from sponsors/merchandasing... :rolleyes:

Well, it seems like INAC is not yet happy with their dominance... more and more? o_O Yes, something similar to a World Championship for clubs would kind of explains it all: they're probably not yet at OL level (that's why they also said they're going to sign Wambach after Olympics?). But anyway, they sound quite greedy... :D
    (I agree that it wouldn't make much sense without an US team, but after WPS folding, which one can be called the legitimate US champion? o_O)

We'll see if Same will prefer INAC Dream Team or if she will listen to her heart and join former Mareeze team-mates in Vegalta Sendai... :rolleyes:
    Oh, and there is the german offer: can I bet that it's from 1.FFC Frankfurt? :geek: (Not that there are many other clubs that could sign a japanese World-Champion: maybe Turbine Potsdam, since it lost a lot of girls with the recent transfers, but it doesn't seem to me that they want to spend the same as Frankfurt).

Just finished re-watching the USA-Japan match: (bad) grades are coming...

3. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  4. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think you have a point there...the cuteness factor works against her. People expect someting different...somehow....So better to look at her more critical than she should be judged....

5. sowater

sowater Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Original way to see, but at my side I don't expect from her more comparing to her teamates, matter is that I don't understand her reputation of being one of team's stars. She is definitely not one of top players.

6. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I agree with you there. She's not the player that catches your eye when you watch the game. I was surprised how static she was. Not surprised she was subbed at the half time. I can't see her developing to a senior NT player... unless she'll be converted to a left back - then she might have a chance.

On the other hand, I was very impressed by Yoko Tanaka. She was so dynamic and intelligent. She looked like she knew exactly what to do every time before she got the ball.

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Kaihori 6 = can't really blame her for any of 4 goals (Morgan's ones could look catchable in slow motion, but in fact they are missiles). She made some good saves in the first half. In the second half she was less sharp: didn't come out of the goal when she should have, to catch a dangerous cross, and she kicked a pair of drops beyond the side-line with no real pressure around her.

Kinga 4 = sorry for our super-powered RB, but this time she was outpaced and crossed over too much and too often. Her defense was leaking like a sieve, and the rare occasions when she helped the offensive action didn't make up for this at all. At the end of the game, she looked (rightly) dejected, I guess both for the team overall performance and her own.

Yano 3 = now, probably picking on her in this match is like shooting fish in a barrel, I know, but basically her defense on Wambach and Morgan was embarassingly inadequate: she was overwhelmed physically, in speed, in placement, in technique... If this was a test for her, I am afraid it was failed...

Utsugi 5,5 = the collapse of Nadeshiko defensive barrage didn't come from her, in my opinion, but she did her part of mistakes too and she didn't help enough the offensive action when she was moved in the MF in second half (when Kumagai took her place as CB). Despite that, I appreciated a lot her fighting attitude that made her win many 50/50 balls (and also costed her a bad injury... :( Please, as soon as someone knows more about how serious it was, let us know).

Kumagai 6 = let's be clear: we suffered 2 goals without Kumagai, and 2 other goals with Kumagai, so it's not like she's the miracle-girl that can redeem the defense-line alone, but for sure when she came in she brought more order, calm, attention, sharpness. Despite being quite good, she lost track of Wambach in the action of 4th goal: it can happen with a so smart FW as Abby... it did happen also in a famous final match... :rolleyes:

Asuna Tanaka = n.m. (no mark) She played too few minutes to give her a grade. No very important plays (nothing very good, nothing very bad). I just say that we do miss Azusa Iwashimizu... :rolleyes:

Sameshima 5 = if one of the reasons for going playing abroad was getting better in physical build and speed, this isn't apparent, at least today... she looked slow and quite constantly outpaced. Ok, we're talking greyhounds like Morgan or O' Reilly, but she always had to defend with technique, since she was physically outpowered. Maybe because of that, she was quiet (too much quiet!) in the USA half of the pitch. We didn't suffered many dangers on her wing, but we didn't attack much there either.

Sakaguchi 4,5 = My gosh! If Mizuho plays so sluggishly, what kind of hope can we have? Never saw so many bad passes from her in just one match. Her marble-statue-like reaction to a Miyama's innocuous pass opened the way to Morgan for 3rd goal. I just add a 0,5 because at least she tries to shoot from the distance, and she hits the crossbar in one of those attempts.

Sawa 4 = wrong passes all around, defensive mistakes, misunderstandings with team-mates when she tries to build the offensive action: instead of the illuminating assists we used to know, we get balls thrown into the void. A quite worrying lack of condition, and a performance that doesn't suits a POTY.

Miyama 6,5 = both when she plays on the left in the first half and when she's on the right instead in second half, she's the only one that patiently tries to build the game, that doesn't waste balls, that constantly feeds her team-mates, that also tries to shoot (a good shot from her in second half is saved by Solo in CK). Basically her CKs and FKs are the only real dangers for the US defense. Today it's not enough.

Ohno 4 = maybe one of the reasons why she doesn't shine in NT as much as she does in Nadeshiko League is that she suffers a lot facing physical teams. She's "little" and US MFs and DFs were quite rough with her (with referee's collaboration). Anyway, this can't be an excuse for sloppy passages all around and disappearing from the game from time to time. Irritating.

Kawasumi 4 = invisible, insubstantial. She doesn't do anything that's worth mentioning. She also hasn't a clear positioning on the pitch in the first half (probably somehow suffers the central FW position she's not used at in INAC? o_O). A little better in the second half, when Miyama is moved on the right and she acts as a left-winger, but still I don't think that this match will appear in the next chapter of her manga-novel... :cool:
    Basically, today Nadeshiko Japan missed the positive contribution of INAC players...

Takase = n.m (no mark) she touched so few balls that mumf forgot again mentioning her :giggle: (he had already done it in the Kirin Cup match vs Brazil). Not much to say about her. I guess she played as a MF, but she didn't play enough to assess it...

Yuki Nagasato 7 = not only for the goal (that was awesome, by the way: how often we see diving headers at international level in women football?), but also for the unvaluable work: her possession, the way she smartly defends the ball with her body, the way she fights making her physical build count, how she gets back in Japan's half of the pitch looking for the ball... If I don't rate her higher, it's not her fault: at the end of the match, in the second part of second half, she was too much tired from all the work she made, but her team-mates were still demanding from her some efforts that she couldn't make anymore. She should have been subbed.
    (by the way: I hate the fact that her father was so strict with her :mad: : I hope that at least, now that her daughter is a World-Champion, former WCL Champion, three times German Champions and more, Mr. Nagasato is proud of little Yuki!!!)

Ando 6 = she deserves some praise for a few intelligent passes in the minutes she was on the pitch, although she wasn't influential enough in Nadeshiko play and she didn't cover particularly well in defensive actions.

Maruyama 5 = not entirely her guilt, because she wasn't fed by her team-mates, but she didn't make anything meaningful in the minutes she played. I am not sure about the reasoning behind giving this chance to her in a basically already compromised match: if Sasaki wanted to somehow try to turn the tables, Otaki was a more sound move. Unless Sasaki hadn't secretely planned to give Karina a chance that wasn't actually a chance... o_O

Sasaki 5 = he's obviously not to blame for the poor performances of some key-players, but it wasn't clear what this match was to him: a test, a bunch of strange experiments, a match that he actually wanted to try winning? Some of his choices, both in the starting 11 and in the substitutions were quite puzzling. o_O He was seen playing with his board, during the second half, and moving the pieces around as it was a chess-board, but this time he suffered a check-mate...

Referee 5 = no wrong decision really, but she allowed too much rough play from US players. I can understand some degree of physical play, and Japan could take that into account, but I guess referee should have shown the yellow card a pair of times more (I guess just Buehler in the first half got a YC).

mumf 9,999 = he's a little sour sometimes, lately, but he's always our good old irreplaceble mumf :laugh:

8. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I read somewhere today that it's a double-edged sword for US.
    US suffered a sever defeat at Beijing WWC because of referee's decision; US 0-4 Brasil; Box was sent off.

9. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Fully Agreed.

10. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Apart from Nagasato, Kaihori and Kumagai, they were all below per.

I think giving 6.5 for that kind of performance is an insult to Miyama. :p She made many misplaced passes like others, one including the misplaced pass to Sakaguchi which directly led to Morgan's second goal (USA's 3rd) when the score was still 1-2.

Kaihori: 6
    Saved everything she could save.

Kinga: 4
    It's not her fault that she couldn't go forwards if the midfield can't control the ball. Like any other defender, she was exposed by the midfield's mistakes.

Yano: 3
    Just had a terrible day. She lost individual battle every occasion. She shouldn't be exposed so often in the first place but still it's her job to deal with it, and she couldn't.

Utusgi: 4
    Her positioning and decision making when to cover when to stay was dreadful. For the Morgan's first goal, she should have closed down much earlier rather than staying in the centre. I think centre backs has to be played by the players who play in the position in their teams. You can get away with fullbacks but not centre half. She was better after moved to the midfield.

Sameshima: 5
    The only reason she didn't look as bad as rest of the back four was probably Morgan predominantly played on Japan's right side. She couldn't go forward like Kinga as our midfield couldn't get hold of the ball.

Ohno: 3
    Apart from the back heal shot in the second half, she was nowhere to see. Even off-day, she usually contribute with her defence by doubling up with Kinga, but Kinga didn't have any help from her.

Sawa 3:
    Looked jaded. Second to the every 50-50 balls, and many bad first touches. I'm quite confident all the other players come good in the Olympics. But if there is one player I'm worried about, it's Sawa. It's been more than a month since she made come back but her performance in the L.League has been poor for her standard. The time is running out...

Sakaguchi: 4
    Completely out muscled by USA's midfield. Her pass speed is too slow at times allowing the USA players to close down.

Miyama: 5
    Yes, there was that cross for the goal. Yes, there was that long shot. But I'm afraid there were too many little mistakes and a few bad ones. She was the best of the terrible midfield quartet on the day though.

Kawasumi: 4
    There was no service at all in the first half. However when she played in left midfield in the second half, she should have been involved more in the game then. But that never happened. She did not make any mistakes but she simply didn't have enough ball.

Nagasato: 7
    She was the only one who had the urgency. Her movement was very good. While Kawasumi struggle to receive the ball, Nagasato was trying her best to receive the ball from the midfield. When she received the ball, she did keep the ball most of the times. And scored the great goal.

Kumagai: 6
    She looked like she's the only defender who can match-up against USA players. And she did. She sorted out Wambach a couple of times.

11. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    blissett - maybe I'm sour, but many of your posts seem to invent things. I dont remember such a detail of the Brazil game, and this USA game, I have not seen at all, and probably wont based upon the low grades all around. I didnt see Takase mentioned here, nor Ariyshi etc, so I assume she didnt play. I did have "others" in the list in case in case they did.

Now.... Kaihori. Do people have such low expectations of her that you think she did well? Looking at the goals, she is clearly at fault for the first two. Sorry to say this. First goal - this is not a close-range shot, but mid-range, and from a fairly acute angle. The ball is not directed away from her, and it hits the back of the net, not the roof. She has no reflexes to get her hands up? Second goal, yes Yano was poor, but Kaihori did not seem to see Wambach at all, and vacated the goal with a dive into Yano's legs, leaving an empty net. Even the third goal, it looks to me as if she came out too far, she would have been better off staying back, giving her more time to get a dive down. As I said, sorry, it looks as if the GK was part of this poor DF effort (and I didnt even see her booting it over the sidelines).

13. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Two very good points. In the 1st case.... well its like UnePomme commenting on Morgan, perhaps Sasaki planed it that way?!? As for the photo, well I hope they dont send the beautiful Moros home (by the file name, its from her blog), can you also list the 11 players' names, so that we can score x.x/10 ?

And to change the subject, a dangerous, heart-ripping video - do I hear they make promises to their smitten international fans?

14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Although I fully respect your opinion, I want to underline that I had taken that pass into account: it's just that, in my opnion, in that action it was Sakaguchi who made a mistake and not Miyama; Miyama's pass was ok, if it wasn't for the fact that Sakaguchi looked absent-minded, paralyzed and unable to catch it.

15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ok, I invent things... :rolleyes: Like this one (from the day after the brazil match):

16. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Kaihori 8 =
    best of the nadeshiko yesterday, she saved all that she could, and like always I am disagree with mumf about her, do what ayumi do is always bad for him, if miho did this game I'm sure he gave all fault to DF that is the principal guilty of that disaster, they conceded many chances to US specially for their right side and in my opinion she is no guilty of any of the 4 goals, say what you say, if is not for her US would have scored 3 or 4 more

Kinga 3 = the worst game I have seen from her since I watch NT games, she was awful at defense (almost all the chances US got was from her side) and she almost didn't appear in attack, hope she learn from this game, and I'm sure she will do, she is a smart player

Yano 3 = bad day to start in the starter 11, is not all her fault but she missed some good and real DF at her side and Rumi is not that one

Utsugi 3,5 = very poor as a DF and a little better as a MF but still bad , for me her real position is MF, not DF, her defense ability is not very good and if she have to play there have to be with a good player at her side like Azusa or Saki and only in urgency situations

Kumagai 6 = is by longer the most physical player of the NT and when she entered the back line improve a little, specially vs. US she has to play no matter what, is the only NT player that can defend Wamback

Asuna Tanaka = n.m. (no mark) testimonial, nothing to say

Sameshima 5 = well, of the started back line players she was the best or the less bad of the 4, but I miss a lot her arrives to attack and crosses, she attacks better than defends and she has to take advantage of that more

Sakaguchi 5 = not a bad game but not good neither, she missed a lot of easy passes usually she doesn't miss, at least she had 2 good chances to scored a goal from long range shots

Sawa 4 = is obvious she is not at her 100%, she only have 1 month playing and like some people say here she has a little injured in her leg yesterday then is sure she can't be in the started 11, we all know here she is the leader of the team, the captain and POTY but if she is not as physical as she was other years, maybe Sasaki must have her in the bench to take advantage of her great technique to break very closed back lines

Miyama 6,5 = best in the MF for me today, gave the assist for the goal, took good FK and have a good shot that was almost a goal, but she could do it better and she knows it, if Sawa is the brain of the team she is the executor and have to play better

Ohno 4 = almost dissapeared in all game except from a couple of shots she failed, sincerely, since I see Nadeshiko games she is the player almost always dissapointed me, I can see she has a great technique but she have to prove it more usually

Kawasumi 4 = worst game since I see NT games, almost without pressence, she almost didn't touch the ball, she have to offer more for her team mates and show to all of us the great player she is

Takase = n.m (no mark) nothing to say

Yuki Nagasato 7 = best of the game ex-aequo with Ayumi, this is the things I want that she made in a match, the best chance she gave she scored with a really beautiful diving header, if her MF team mates gave her more balls result would be different for sure, she is almost at her 100% and nadeshiko really needs that

Ando 6 = not so much to say but the little things she made she made it well and always offering herself to her team mates

Maruyama 5 = is a pity that a good player like her wasn't at her perfect shape because she is one of the best finishers that japan has but she had a very bad injure and now will be hard that she recover her best shape and even harder with the age she has

Sasaki 5 = I like Sasaki a lot like DT but yesterday he wasn't at his level, is true that the players have mainly part of responsability but for me today one of the DF had to be Saki (and even more because Azusa wasn't there) and Sawa hadn't to play for the reasons I told before

17. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I'm afraid I didn't hear AndG's name at all.

18. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    For everyone interested in U20:
    http://www.jfa.or.jp/jfatv/live/

This is live only from 15:00 (about 9 hours from now), though I don't know if you can see it.

19. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is from Becky's blog, but she did not list her teammates. However, Virany did an excellent job identifying 10 of the 11. So I stole the list from her:
    Rei Takenaka, Yoko Tanaka, Ayu Nakada, Emi Nakajima, Beverly Goedel, Becky, Chiaki Minamiyama, So Yun, Junko Kai, Ryoko Takara,

20. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Ahem....I meant things that are relevant to football. Enjoy the games, I will miss them both.
    I have to sat both USA girls are a plus, decent players, hot, and not silly or dull. Good move INAC. I will make a wild prediction - Shark to Germany, but not Frankfurt.

22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, you have to admit you were a lil sour anyway, if you react to a 0,001 deduction. ;) In the end, I basically rated you 10... :p

Speaking about matches: today's one is at the same hour of monday's one? o_O

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't want to give the impression that I didn't notice the sexy girls, but there's a detail of the pic that bugs me: behind the girls is there a writing on a hill-side, like in Hollywood? :confused: And what's written there? o_O

24. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    U20 Japan 0-1 US at half time

Completely changed the starting members except Nakada who is playing left side DF.

US scored with a fast counter attack at about 40 minute.
    Japan can't manage to carry the ball into the PK box.

I'm really glad with seeing Kawashima is playing again.
    She plays one of the FWs?
    Naturally she made some mistakes considering long blanks, but runs a lot more than I had expected.
    Only she is trying to receive the ball behind the DFs.

Nishikawa doesn't play good as a FW the same as Michigami; can't keep the ball well.

Tanaka Yoko entered the game at about 30 minute replacing for Nakazato; I don't know why?

25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    the feed keeps freezing from me, so i'll just watch highlights later... :confused: