OFFICIAL 2012-2013: Roster Moves and Rumors

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by profiled, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever will be, will be on Lampard. I know he's good and he'll probably sell some tickets, but he's too old, IMO. We need to drop some cash on a younger star.

2. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should be making googlelie eyes at Falani from everton.

3. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like me some Fellaini, but I don't think he's what we need right now, nor do we have a snowball's chance of getting him.

A guy like Arjen Robben would be ideal for me. Fast, at least partially creative winger, who has the ability to stretch a game and pull players off our strikers and leave space for the trailing run from the rest of the midfield. Outside of Donovan, we have no-one who can even come close to that. Magee is a good player, no doubt, but no the prototypical winger.

Granted, I understand we have no chance of getting the actual Arjen Robben, but he's the sort of guy I would want if I had a choice to supplement our current squad with. The problem with those sort of guys is that they generally don't age well and are generally in demand, so we'd probably have to sign a risky prospect, an aging guy who may be losing a step or someone simply not worth the DP money.

Obviously time will tell, but hopefully we pull the trigger, assuming we've set aside money to sign such a player.

Geneva repped this.
  4. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My thinking with Felani is he would free up Juninho to focus more on attack and allow him to move forward. Then you add Donovan we have a great duo spraying the ball around. I also realize its a pipe dream. To be honest our team just got hacked to death today and was not allowed to play. i don' t think we are missing any great component just have to be stronger mentally to weather these unskilled teams. Those that allows us to play great, but we know some won't and that is where its a mental state not so much tactical or even physical. We have the tools we just didn't apply them today. We hit the bar twice and let a goal in a moment of loosing concentration.

5. ragbone

ragbone Member+

Sep 2, 2005
    Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fa-fart-i would be a disaster in MLS. The guy has no self control. Imagine him in the hackfest against Chivas. He would have head-butted after 25 minutes and been thrown out and then suspended for 5 games. No, thank you.

Hushx repped this.
  6. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there isnt a single younger star in the world with enough marketability that we need that would come to MLS.

7. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any word on the status of Zardes, i'm dying to see him in action

WarGalaxy repped this.
  8. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't name anyone, so I can't disagree with you. But we can't hold up a signing to the Beckham standard - he was too extraordinary. We can't sacrifice what's on the field for the marketability, because if we do then the marketability will disappear when the results suffer. Or something.

Or maybe I'm just being selfish, even if a guy would sell tickets, if he's not going to help us significantly on the field than forget it. Because I don't want to lose.

Ghosting repped this.
  9. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we can have both. Lampard gets too much flak, I think he is a terrific player and has shown he is far from done this season. He isn't superstar marketable but he is not a nobody either.

Cristiano Ronaldo is honestly are next big target, and I'm pretty damn confident he will come. The earlier we can get him the better and how early is the biggest challenge though. I'm hoping/assuming that the Galaxy has already started talking to him

10. 7E23

7E23 Member+

Jul 7, 2008
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am wishing and hoping and praying for CR7, Really no other footballer in earth right now can reach DB23 status in marketability, sponsorship, tix sales, and media coverage from around the world other than CR7. He is hollywood prepared I think. And all the girls who screamed for becks will come back and that is ok more money and more money for LAG (always a good thing). Uncle phil needs to hand CR7 a blank check and get him a 1st class airbus a380 ticket out of madrid.

12. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    StillKickin posted in the Nats thread the LD was seen training with Michigan soccer players recently. (confirmed via twitter)

Looks like he's getting back in shape as some of us expected. Not match fit by any sense of the imagination, but he's clearly not going to be throwing back the funyuns and then showing up to camp.

phoenixhazard repped this.
  13. raymondleone

raymondleone Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    200 goal Lampard remains odds on for LA Galaxy move

The England international is 4/9 with Sky Bet to join the likes of Robbie Keane and Landon Donovan at the Galaxy as contract talks seem to have stalled once again with the Stamford Bridge club.

Lampard's next club odds with Sky Bet
    LA Galaxy 4/9
    Man United 10/1
    PSG 16/1
    Any Australian Club 20/1
    QPR 25/1
    AC Milan 50/1
    Any Chinese Club 50/1

14. raymondleone

raymondleone Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. raymondleone

raymondleone Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ambivalent yet interesting recent tweets?
    313453671482552320 is not a valid tweet id
    312114259687514113 is not a valid tweet id
    308943961286914048 is not a valid tweet id
    309046388438728704 is not a valid tweet id
    308947777189199872 is not a valid tweet id

Beirut repped this.
  16. esco300

esco300 Member+

May 8, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So is he coming this june/july?

17. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was dreaming about this last night, i know im lame :(
    What if Don gets his head out of his bum and creates an American 4th DP slot (absolutely necessary for MLS and Nats I believe). This is what our lineup could look like come Summer. Im going on the assumption that we sign our targets and Zardes explodes on the scene, you can replace him with Magee or Villareal but Zardes potential makes me believe he is our future star

anyway, best place to put this is here:

----Zardes-----------Keane---------Donovan----
    -----------------------Kaka-------------------------
    ------------Juninho--------Lampard--------------
    Dunivant---Gonzlez---Leonardo----DeLaGarza
    --------------------Cudicini-------------------------

doesnt that make u hard? :p

18. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not that there's anything wrong in it, but groups of men have never had that effect on me, regardless of how athletic.

Oddly though, the misspelling of Gonzalez gave me a tingle.

Would you mind spelling some other things wrong....?

galaxydeadhead and Beirut repped this.
  19. galaxydeadhead

Feb 4, 2008
    Chihuahua MX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Go back to sleep;)

20. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol, i noticed it and was too lazy to hit "edit"

21. raymondleone

raymondleone Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]
    Lampard ready to consult England boss Hodgson over potential move to LA Galaxy

[​IMG]

Frank Lampard's future will be resolved after talks with Roy Hodgson.

"First and foremost I have to make the right decision for myself before anyone else. But I’d respect his opinion."

"If there’s a time, whenever that is, where there’s an option of going outside Europe, I’m sure me and Roy will have a conversation."

LA Galaxy have been putting pressure on him to make a decision, but the midfielder is determined to examine all his options before making a commitment.

"I don’t think the option of America rules out anything, but I haven’t had the conversation with the manager yet."

22. kaburu

kaburu Member+

Jul 12, 2009
    los angeles
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. raymondleone

raymondleone Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Sports Journalist insider Sarah Gutierrez (BA in Philology in Berkeley), Bruce Arena has been contacted as a possible replacement to Juergen Klinsmann IF klinsi can't take us to the promised land.
    314162274736693249 is not a valid tweet id

TrickHog and StillKickin repped this.
  24. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow.

Bruce is actually the first person I think of as a possible temporary replacement who can get us qualified at least. I guess he could take a sabatical from the Galaxy? From a Galaxy perspective, I don't like it; from a National Team perspective, I'm ok with it.

Berks repped this.
  25. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Would rather see Sigi get his turn.

dashiel and Dr.Phil repped this.