Official 2011 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - part III

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Aug 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    well, when someone knows where the games are, I'd like to know it, but I guess it would be in Japan, I don't know

2. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    She said, "I thought if she went into the PK box she must score, and I automatically made the tackle without thinking."

3. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    It shows that Sasaki was very busy attending several award parties on the same day.
    you can't know why he was crying from this video.

4. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    For sure they are in Japan, as that is where they are announced first.

Here is an article concerning this weekend's games, and naming the scorers. Surprisingly none by Mana this time. Also I found this video which shows most of the goals from the Urawa game. It looks like Arikawa's goal owes much to the buildup (Goto to who? Yanagita or Yasuda maybe who hits the bar?).

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Anyway I liked the way Arakawa angled her header near the far post; not as easy as it seems. :)

It looks like Yamago wasn't defending Urawa's goalmouth, there was a different GK; technical choice, or is Yamago injured? :confused:
    Anyway, judgig by the highlights (only showing FC Takahashi goals + Arakawa's one), maybe this fact could have been a factor in Urawa's difficult time against Takahashi: Yamago maybe could have saved one of the three goals?

6. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    The GK is Ikeda, U-19 Japan NT member, and she has regularly played for Urawa through the last four league games this year.
    She might be immature compared to Yamago, but I don't see the three goals of Takahashi were obvious her faults.

As for the first goal, Yamago couldn't have reached the ball either because she was lower in height than Ikeda.

As for the second, the long pass before the shoot was superb (you can't see it in this video) and the DF was outrun by the FW. In this one-on-one situation, Yamago might have gone forward to give a pressure on the FW, so I'm not sure of the result in this case.

As for the third, you should praise the FW who gave a nice shot in that crowded scene.

7. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Unepomme, Women Barca is weak team, they are not representative in Champion's League and my team beat them, one of my international French player told me a day "they are so bad we will win again".
    My team will play friendly game agains't them this year again...

Mumf, nothing particular with "Same" but it easy to talk with her now like was with Rumi after somes month, you know, they are kind and simple person after to be 2 good players, they don't live in another world where all people are stranger for them...

I need to know who is international players still play for JFA Academy.
    Academy will come at my city next month with a list of youth players (around 8).
    International players are prority like Tanaka Yoko & Wada Naoko came last January.

Since Tanaka signed with Inac but what about Kawashima Haruna
    Wada Naoko ?

from U16 national team i can see somes JFA Academy players:
    inoue nene
    hirao chika
    miyake shiori
    narumiya yui
    norimatsu ruka
    masuya rika

Chance both of they came.
    I waiting your informations about both them.

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I know some people here are interested in good articles about women football in Japan (or women football at all), so I guess i'll link you to an article I liked; it's by some Sean Carroll. Beware, you have to scroll down the page I'm linking you to, if you want to read said article: its title is "Panda-ing to the masses" (funny title, you'll understand the reason :D), the date is december the 13th. Let me know what do you think about it:
    http://sakkanihon.wordpress.com/

9. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Well only one name is "famous" on the list and that's Narumiya who was MVP when Japan won the Asian AFC a few months ago. You can go back in the forum here, or simply google her up. That AFC site here has some very short videos too.

Alsp found this for you, they were recently knocked out of the Cup (Saturday) and Tanaka, Wada, Kawashima, are all still there.
    http://www.jfa.or.jp/match/matches/2012/0101zennihon_joshi/schedule_result/pdf/m23.pdf
    Also I recognise Honda who I think was a u-17 World Cup sub. The captain Taguchi is cute but did not get to their WC. That's all that I see.

How did Rumi's surprise party turn out? We know it happened.....

10. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Good, but you will prefer this - thanks to moukoko :cool:

11. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    OK here is what I think of Yuki's play in the above video.

I looked at it closely, even stopping the video as she enters the PK box and approaches the ball (which was slightly over-hit by Maruyama, but not by much at all). What I see is that she slows down as she arrives at the ball, having decided she did not have a worthwhile shot. Now when I compare it to Maruyama's goal (3:00 here) I believe that Yuki had a better angle and also was more ahead of the DF - I really think she had a clear shot on goal, with perhaps a 50-50 chance of scoring.

Now what's more, Yuki knows she can score from there, her superb goal against Angerer in the German Cup Final just weeks before the WC is 1:00 here (maybe even the same stadium?) and this was more difficult - except that she did have to dummy the much closer DF then.

But I still love Yuki ;) ;)

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Geez, was it good! :p
    (thanks to you and especially to the supreme Moukoko, always giving all the gold to us...)

I would probably have liked this wonderful "5 months from WWC 2011 win" video even more if I would have actually understood what the girls were saying :p (beyond obviousness, tied to the images).
    Maybe unepomme can tell us if there were really memorable sentences between all the things Sawa & Co. were saying? ;)

Anyway, what I probably liked best (but everything was indeed really good) was Saki Kumagai at school, getting her difficult time with German... ^__^
    Oh, and also Yuki talking by telephone with her husband... What were they saying? Do they manage to meet from time to time? I mean: they should be a married couple, for god sake! ^__^

13. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Naedeshiko schedule 2012 !

14. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's result (the first games):

Niigata 1-0 Urawa
    Inac 2-0 Sayama

15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Godbye Urawa :(

I knew it was the more open match of the four quarter finals... sigh.

Ok, now who will I root for... ? :p

It seems we will remain with Niigata, INAC and (most probably) Beleza and Belle. It's hard. I'll have to reflect a lot... :p

Who did score for Niigata? My beloved Sakaguchi? Who did score at all, in both matches, really?

Edit: about the schedule 2012... It's a good thing they come to Europe next year. I don't think I can go to Portugal for the Algarve Cup, but maybe, if they could come closer to me, I could go watching them at the stadium... (crossing fingers to get a friendly match Italy vs Nadeshiko Japan, although I know italian side is not strong enough to put up a good test for them ^__^).

About the Olympics... anyone know how the knock-out stage will be built? I mean, I think there will be three seeded teams, one for each of the three groups, but how the seeded teams will be decided? Based on World's rankings? On previous Olympics' results? On both things? And will England automatically be a seeded team being the organizer? I hope not, because if England would be a seeded team, one between USA, Brazil and Japan should be out of the seeded teams, and it would probably be Japan both for World's rankings and 2008 Beijing's results (since the match for the gold was USA-Brazil), and so there could be a group with both USA and Japan, or Brazil and Japan, and that would be a very lopsided way to build three knock-out stage groups... :p

16. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Kawamura scored for Niigata. Hedding after a corner kick confusion.
    Takase and Yonetsu scored for Inac.

Today's result (the second games):

Beleza 1-0 Iga (scorer is unknown.)
    Belle 2-0 Jef (Arimachi and Nakano)

I was watching Niigata vs Urawa and Beleza vs Iga while sometimes sleeping.
    Niigata's defense was tight. Urawa was hardly able to threat Niigata's goal.
    This time, Arakawa went in replaced for Goto.
    NIigata's goal came at about 82 minute, Kawamura's heading after a corner kick confusion.

Beleza is obviously a better side, but they are immature. They hurry to carry the ball forward after taking it, and waste the chance.
    Hara looked like the best player in the field, always anticipating the ball course and running a lot with good decision of choosing her play.
    She could be Sawa's successor.

The semifinals:
    Inac vs Belle
    Niigata vs Beleza

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mmm, not sure who should I root for now... this four teams are all full of great players I like.

Let's say this: I hope these will be nice semifinals, full of goals and good play :D

So on 27 december we'll get Niigata-Beleza at 11:00 (Japan time) and INAC-Belle at 14:00 (Japan time). Any chance they can be followed live on some streaming-channel? :confused:

Or at least the final match on 1 January 2012 can be seen live? Anyone knows?

Edit: Lol, Same and Saki more and more friends! ^__^
    They were at the stadium today (and eating meanwhile, it seems). What match were they watching? Beleza-Iga?

[​IMG]

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What did happen to Nahomi Kawasumi? :eek:
    Her left little finger seems twisted in this pic: is she injured? does anyone know more about what happened in this picture?

[​IMG]

19. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I think a defender trod on her left hand when avoiding bumping into her body.

Some article says that although they didn't find broken bones, it bled a lot internally, so they will re-examine it.
    The coach says that she can't play even in the final, let alone the semi final.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIIaxQwoMLs"]??????????? ?????????????? - YouTube[/ame]

http://beebee2see.appspot.com/i/azuYwvG0BQw.jpg

http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/photo/20111223-116263-1-L.jpg

20. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    They were in the Kumagaya (which is written the same way as Kumagai) Sports Culture Park, in Saitama watching the cup semi-final held there.

Anyway the pic is used in another article which says that Nadeshiko Japan are now 3rd in FIFA Ranking for the first time ever, after US and Germany:

http://www.sanspo.com/soccer/news/111223/scc1112232218000-n1.htm

21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, sigh! Although it's an injury that shouldn't impact her fitness or her play, it's really annoying that she can't play the last matches of this cup. Let's hope there is really nothing broken and she can totally recover quite soon.

Judging by the pics, it had to be really painful (she actually seems to be crying in last pic). :(

Well, try to pass the best end of year anyway, Nahomi, despite the injury!

Edit: what exactly did the writings in japanese before and after the replay of Kawasumi's injury say? :confused:

22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mmm, Saitama is home to Urawa Red Ladies, right? So they were watching the quarter-final (not semi-final, sc-f, they still have to be played on next tuesday, haven't they?) involving Urawa?
    Kumagai was playing for Urawa Red Ladies, before going in Germany to 1.FFC Frankfurt, if I am not wrong. So, when she was playing for her previous club, Kumagai was playing in Kumagai stadium? :)

That's really great! I guess the close-to-perfect record of London qualifier tournament in september gave Japan those point it needed to close the gap with Brazil.
    Anyone can answer what I previously asked here? This means that Japan will be one of the seeded teams in next summer's Olympics knock-out stage groups? Or is England supposed to be one of the seeded team as the organizer nation?

23. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    My bad, quarter finals. Seems like there were 2 held in that stadium on Friday.

And no, I have to clarify: The prefecture is called Saitama too, this stadium is in Kumagaya-city in the Saitama-prefecture and is not the home stadium of the Urawa Reds Ladies.

24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, ok, I had thought you were talking about Saitama-city, not the prefecture.

Is Urawa club based in Saitama-city anyway? (I think they included previous Saitama Reinas club, didn't they?)

Edit: if there were two matches in the same stadium, that's probably the reason why Same and Saki were eating: if they watched both games, they probably were at the stadium from 11:00 to 16:00 and for sure they needed to eat meanwhile (especially since it should be quite cold in Japan at the moment: I saw them play on the snow in some other pics)

25. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan