Official 2011 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - part III

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Aug 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    second link purpose a link on bet365 site, it's a good source and show all program listed, you only need to register like member and connect online, the linkl will be available when the video start.

2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I knew for sure you weren't one of those who under-rated her: it's just that, after the WWC win, she was one of the players I'd heard less of, on this forum, and I was wondering why. I mean, everyone was, deservedly, praising Sawa or Miyama, but Mizuho apparently seemed less popular. I am happy to see that, judging by the ratings, she had all the support she deserves instead.

By the way, I am not a native english-speaking, so I don't always understand every word: I suppose "crocked" means something like "totally devastated"?

You're right, my bad. I guess, anyway, that we can agree that Kawasumi was very good, near MVP status, in that game.

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thank you very much for the sources. Kyra, who's based in Europe like me, says that the second one should really work: crossing my fingers. :)

It's a good timing for me instead: match should start at 9:30 am and I am still in holydays today (I am teacher).

I promise that, If I manage to watch it, I'll try to keep everyone here informed about goals.

Edit: waaaaaaah, stupid italian government!!! It says I am not allowed to watch it from italy, cause the site doesn't have the required autorization for bet sites in Italy... I am crying!!!

4. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I am in Japan and would be happy to provide commentary, but I can't figure out when/if it is being televised here. Anyone know which channel and when?

5. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Never mind. I just turned on the TV and there it was, right now, live. Yeow!!!!

6. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    its on NHK (general) ... show already started, kickoff in 20mins

7. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Here's the line up from what I can make out (sorry my kanji is very bad):

Kawasumi Nagatani
    Utsuki, Tanaka, Ueno, Takase
    Sameshima, Kumatani, ??? Kinga
    GK: ???

No Sawa, though, or Miyama...

8. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Interview with some midfielder:

"I'm playing instead of Sawa, but I'm just thinking about playing my best rather than trying to be Sawa."

Interview with Sameshima: "I think we will keep possession for a lot of this game, so the question is what to do with that possession."

Edit: The above midfielder, standing in for Sawa, was Utsugi (#13).

9. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fukumoto, Kinga, Yano, Kumagai (not Kumatani ;)), Kamionobe, Sameshima, Tanaka, Kawasumi, Utsugi, Nagasato Y., Takase

bench: Kaihori, Sakaguchi, Miyama, Sawa, Ando, Ono, Maruyama, Nagasato A.

10. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Something about how the Chinese officials said they cannot use studs on this ground. That will affect their speed on the pitch...

Interview with Sasaki... No idea what he said unfortunately :(

11. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Thank you!! I was thinking that must be Kumagai...

12. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    First minute: Japan win a corner, played short. Shot by Sameshima (?) saved by keeper.

13. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Japan are pressing high up and putting Thailand under pressure even on the edge of their own box. Looks like the Thai players are having trouble because of that. They don't look very comfortable on the ball and seem disconcerted when put under pressure. Japan stole th ball on the edge of the Thai box but couldn't do anything with it.

Looks from the first 3 minutes that Japan will remain camped around the Thai box for most of this game, though...

14. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    4' Half-chance for Japan. Nagasato gets the ball very deep inside the box and pulls it back but the resulting shot from just inside the box is tame and doesn't cause problems for Thailand.

15. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  16. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    8' Nice through ball finds Takase (edit: Kawasumi, I think) but she can't do anything with it. Japan wins a corner, fired by in by Takase (Kawasumi actually), the ball then falls to her again and she puts in a cross that finds Nagasato's head. She heads it well but straight to the keeper. Maybe best chance for Japan thus far.

9' Ball again falls in a dangerous position inside the Thai box but no decent shot.

17. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    12' Sameshima and Kamionobe are overlapping nicely on the left. Kamionobe does well to get past her marker with some fancy footwork, and puts in an absolutely lovely cross that flashes by the keeper, but no one is there to tap it into the back of the net.

Japan playing a very offensive formation, with lots of players playing high on the pitch, (only Utsugi holding back, and she is occasionally getting forward, too) but that's quite understandable considering that Thailand haven't managed to get the ball out of their half a single time thus far.

13' After a nice looking corner, Thailand breaks on the counterattack with their #17 running most of the length of the field and making it into the Japanese box. No support for her though, so it doesn't end in much. It does get the crowd going! Camera shot of Sawa on the bench shows her heaving a sigh of relief.

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    yes, Kyra, thanks, it works!!!!

also, valid link I found myself: http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/81409/2/watch-japan-vs-thailand-[women].html

Ow, I lost first 10 minutes while searching for a link... Hope nothing really happened... Looking at the players on the link, thank you all for support and info.

Now that I managed to watch it too, I'll try to give my help too!! :D

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Takase's shot, out!

(about 20', I don't really get a clock on my live feed :p)

20. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    19' Some nice passing around the edge of the box and the ball falls to #19 in great space inside the box but she blasts the shot high. Too bad. It was a great chance for Japan to open the scoring.

Thailand look pretty hopeless. They're incapable of even holding onto the ball in their own half. Japan have figured out pretty quickly (maybe before the game?) that putting them under pressure and out-muscling them is an effective strategy.

21. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Glad that you managed to find a stream! You haven't missed much. Total Japan dominance thus far, but nothing to show for it yet.

22. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    22' a second Thai fast break with one lone player making it into the Japanese half creates a bit of excitement, but is dealt with comfortably.

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    25', Japan's constant pression but they don't manage to score (or shoot, really).

Thailand players don't really seem to know what to do even from line out :p

24. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    24' Thailand, for the first time in the game, manage to get multiple players in the Japanese half! But it comes to nothing.

26' Again, Thailand break into the Japanese half, but they lob a tame ball in for the Japanese keeper to collect easily. At least they seem to be settling a bit from the intense pressure they've been under. Maybe now we'll see an actual game of football, instead of just target practice for the Nadeshiko?

25. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    NHK commentators complaining that Japan doesn't have much movement up top.

28' Sameshima plays a great one-two to find the ball in tons of space on the left. She puts in a perfect cross, but the forward flaps at the ball. Poor finishing in the box is hurting Japan.