Official 2011 Liga Boliviana Thread

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by atsegnorts, Jan 6, 2011.

1. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hola Cholis, howzit going? :D

2. ElCaBrOnCeLeStE

Jan 6, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ...We're still celebrating the fact that we're the current CAMPIONES:D, congratulations on your FIRST ROUND victory in a PRE-SEASON tournament.;)

3. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    No one wins PRE -season titles like Strongest - Congrats -- but...

No one wins POST season titles like Bolivar!!!

4. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Went to the return leg of the Wilstermann-Aurora match yesterday. It was what you might way was a typical Bolivian league match - a lot of poor first touches, a ref that lost control of the match (at least one dozen yellow cards and two red cards), and police more concerned with watching the match than trying to maintain control. But this match was a bit different because of some incidents that I witnessed in the stands.

For this match, I decided to sit in the Curva Norte. It was an evening match so being in the shade didn't matter as much, and I also wanted a change of pace and see the match from a different vantage point. Usually I sit in Preferencia, but don't want to jump to conclusions that the part of the stadium had to do with what happened and which left me quite disturbed.

In the 2nd half, the squads switched sides and now Wilstermann was attacking towards the Curva Norte, and Aurora defending the same side. Aurora has an Afro-Colombian defender #3, Diomedes Peña (who also played for Bolivar y La Paz FC). When he had a throw-in near the corner, a handful of fans starting making ape noises. It continued throughout the 2nd half and it became contagious as more and more fans joined in whenever he had the ball. I was shocked, and in the ten years I remember going to matches I never heard anything like that before. Yes, there have been references to 'negro' or 'negro de....' whenever the opposing team had a black player, but never such a blatant display of racism. Peña definitely heard the sounds, since as he started running the other way he put his hand behind his back to flip off the fans. "How dare he!" I heard some people say about the middle finger.

Maybe I am a little naive, and as I mentioned I never heard such sounds before at the stadium, but it was quite embarrassing and sad. Not much one can do, I did try to give a look of contempt to the guy behind me (sorta like the look you give when someone is talking in the movie theater), but saying something would be pointless and I am not one to get in a confrontation.

It's sad especially after spending time in Argentina, where in football it's all about the 'bolitas', fans calling opposing fans 'Bolivians' as an insult, and other forms of racism in society. I guess it's the culture of rhetoric in Bolivian football, just look at some of the Facebook walls of various teams and there is no way to have any form of intelligent discussion. It's all about showing who's toughest and most vulgar. I guess that may be one reason why this forum is written in English. Perhaps it is a way for us to insulate ourselves from all of these boneheads.

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Just saying hello, damn you guys are jumpy. :D

6. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Lol Chico.

Dale_Wilster - racism are for the ignorant and cowards - It's sad that all that can be done is give a look or tell someone else, because the poeple that should do something don't. Dirigentes from the team or FBF def wont close the stadiums for this behavior like they do in Italy. I guess all we can do is shake your head and give a look.

7. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yes, that is sad. Especially us being bolivians, and how we get racism towards us.... for us to do the same back????

Stupid. I hope the aurora fans was it? get fined.

8. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Haha. Very funny but soon you'll see the quality of a 1st Class uniform in Bolivia and who else to showcase it but the Champs!

9. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    El Tigre and Chumacero go off on La Paz FC 6-2. Chuma looked good scoring a brace. Time for him to get some real time with the Nats.

10. ElCaBrOnCeLeStE

Jan 6, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Dont be shocked Chico, but I TOTALLY agree with you. This kid has an offensive mindset the entire time he's on the field. Great vision and passing, but most of all he has football intelligence. Wish he was wearing the sky blue;)

11. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You're effing high :D

Word on the Tigre message boards is that some Turkish team is already looking at him. I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand I want him to grow and be a great player, on the other hand our selecion is a big steaming pile of shit and it doesn't matter what or where our boys go, they come back to nothing.

12. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

The Strongest pondrá precio a los pases de Chumacero y Soliz

[​IMG]
    ALEJANDRO CHUMACERO​

La dirigencia del club The Strongest en reunión a celebrarse mañana entre el presidente del club, Kurt Reinstch y la empresaria boliviana radicada en Turquía, Leonor Rodríguez, le pondrá precio a los pases definitivo y a préstamo de los jugadores Alejandro Chumacero y Nelvin Soliz.
    La empresaria que estuvo en el partido del domingo entre The Strongest y La Paz Fútbol Club, observó con detenimiento el accionar de ambos jugadores, aunque Chumacero ingresó en reemplazo de Rodrigo Ramallo. “Estamos viendo la posibilidad de llevarnos a los jugadores 17 (Nelvin Soliz) y 3 (Alejandro Chumacero) de The Strongest, y para ese efecto nos reuniremos con los dirigentes, entre ellos el presidente del club para definir algunos aspectos que hacen a la transferencia”, dijo la empresaria.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    CAN YOU SAY SCAM; I hope those idiots don't buy of on this it's a crappy deal it doesn't mention a team only some investors.

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yikes...... RIGHT!!

14. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    After tying Oriente midweek in Santa Cruz 1-1 The Strongest goes OFF on Real Mamore' 9-1. Chumacero gets a red before HT and then the team comes out in the second half and slaughters them. El Tigre is scoring goals in bunches. Watch out!

15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Looks like its raining goals in La Paz!!! For bolivar that is! :p

16. ElCaBrOnCeLeStE

Jan 6, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    [​IMG]

...Another one in the books nenas ;)

17. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    [​IMG]

:D

18. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    GIlbert Alvarez will play for Gatitas until December, after that he will hopefully sign for Standard Liege in Belgium. Apparently the window was closed for him to sign with the team and Cruzeiro loaned him to Strongest til december. I'm really hoping this kid gets his chance, I think he has the talent and speed to succeed.

19. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Tonight Alvarez will start up front with Ramallo... I can't wait..

20. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    What time and got any links?

I'd be interested to check out how those guys line up.

BTW, I gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised at tigres' willingness to play young guys and bring them up from their system. Chuma, Soliz, Ramallo, and now Gilbert (eventhough he's not from their youth system)

Did they start that infrastructure project they were planning on doing a while back (canchas, clubhouse, offices, etc)

21. ElCaBrOnCeLeStE

Jan 6, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnaV24lJakI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnaV24lJakI[/ame]

Hi nenas!:cool:

22. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Any tigre fans know if Gilbert Alvarez has played at all in any games or have any info on how he's looked in practice. I know he's on loan until january until he's "supposedly" going to Anderlecht.

23. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I saw him start and come off the bench, u can see the lack of playing at a high level has messed up his game.

24. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    [​IMG]

ES PARA VOZ CHOLI!!!!!!

25. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member