Official 2011 Japanese NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by OneiroPhobia, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    I think this could be the problem if we're talking about late J League games but for NT games it's least concern. Bigger one is how they're going to handle the masses of people and difficulties in transporting them.

2. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Hopefully there won't be any problems in finding alternate venues if that is necessary. For example they could switch to the Toyota Stadium. I realise that it's not that easy since the clubs don't generally own their stadiums and it's short notice, but maybe they could find a way around it in the circumstances.

For the rolling blackouts, will they affect the whole country or just the Kanto region? The news suggested that it would just be a regional thing, so they could switch the NT games to Nagoya or Kansai instead.

3. faiyez

faiyez Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Costa Rica
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Props to the Japan FA for providing a timely confirmation on the status of the games, and for not calling them off.

So let's just hope the situation normalizes and nothing else happens... that the games are played in solemn memory of the victims.

4. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    There really is no reason to hold these friendlies.

If they insist on playing, I'd rather see them make-up the J-League matches on these dates.

5. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I think the NZ match could be an excellent charity fundraiser. Other than that, though...

6. splashadoodles

splashadoodles New Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  7. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  8. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    New Zealand football maintains Tokyo is safe for the All Whites but the coach of the Japanese national side has left the country.

Fearing the possible risk of contamination as Japan confronts a post-quake nuclear emergency, foreigners have been leaving the city and the Japan national coach Alberto Zaccheroni is among them.

Zaccheroni and his staff flew home to Italy at the weekend saying their families were terribly worried and needed to be assured they were alright.

No return date has been fixed.

The All Whites are due to play Japan on March 29th four days after a match in China.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/sport...-going-to-japan-but-coach-not-sticking-around

9. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  10. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So it looks like:

MONTENEGRO - no

NEW ZEALAND - undecided, but surely not at National Stadium (overall I'd say: UNLIKELY)

COPA AMERICA - so far, YES, but not sure if J.Leaguers will be in squad

11. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  12. BtownKj

BtownKj Member

Italy
    Jul 15, 2006
    South Korea
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  13. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If we were to play Copa America with an all-European team:

GK: Kawashima, Hayashi?
    DF: Yoshida, Abe, Makino, Uchida, Nagatomo, Yasuda
    MF: Hasebe, Honda, Kagawa, Matsui, Hosogai, Ienaga
    FW: Morimoto, Yano, Miyaichi, Okazaki.

That's a squad of 18. Could add Seto, Soma, Cullen for numbers if we need more people.

Morimoto
    Miyaichi---Kagawa---Okazaki
    Hasebe---Honda
    Nagatomo---Yoshida---Makino---Uchida
    Kawashima​

Not a bad unit.

Apparently with this friendly with Spain business, many many countries have offered to do a charity game with Japan and its pretty much the JFA's pick.

14. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    TOKYO (AP)—The Japanese Football Association has canceled a pair of friendlies against Montenegro and New Zealand because of the devastation in the country following last week’s earthquake and tsunami.

The national football team had been scheduled to play Montenegro on March 25 in Shizuoka and New Zealand four days later in Tokyo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ap-japan-friendlies

15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    But the mayor of Osaka, on a tweet, said that the match against NZ was going to happen.

16. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    IMO the strongest squad ever, too bad Kagawa won't make it

17. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Why not?

He's supposed to be back in May or even April.

18. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The latest I've seen is that they want to hold a charity match vs NZ in Osaka and are waiting to hear from the NZ team for the go-ahead.

19. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    NZ withdraw from Japan friendly , also from a friendly in Osaka.

http://www.nzfootball.co.nz/index.php?id=11&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=951&tx_ttnews[backPid]=10&cHash=dd9ca99205

20. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Honestly, somebody tell me how the leak at Fukushima can be a problem IN OSAKA, when an atomic bomb on Hiroshima in 1945 left Kansai untouched...

21. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hahaha, I was preparing something like this for goal.com, as we agreed we need some "good news."

It seems as you did it earlier and perhaps better than I would have done, I might have to quote you and give you credit!! :p

Where is Hayashi, btw, still in Rumania?

22. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    You know, after leak the soil of Honshu will melt and the world will split in two, that's what media saying around the world with French and German experts confirming that it already happened. Kiwis are pretty smart.

23. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, they're clearly scared Japan is going to use one of our countless three-armed goalkeepers... :cool:

24. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I still have yet to grow a third arm. SCIFI MOVIES LIED TO ME =(

25. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Looks good, but I dont understand how you can put Miyaichi and Morimoto ahead of Ienaga in such a formation. Morimoto have done nothing that suggests he is even good enough for the NT-squad the last year or so, and both Kagawa, Honda and Okazaki can hold that single-striker role if needed. Even Yano (!) seems a better deal than Morimoto these days, as he atleast sees some playing time.

Miyaichi have had a great first couple of games ( but against mostly low-quality teams keep in mind) , but Ienaga just finished what was probably his best ever season and he is getting closer and closer to a starting-spot in a La Liga club.