Official 2011 Japanese NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by OneiroPhobia, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not sure. Maybe

"Hate being the only Japanese coach on the bench, listen to my ideas ffs!!"....bop

Point is: When's the last time you've missed a hug by THAT much?

2. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    It is quite an impressive uppercut. Kawashima's fixed smile reminds me of that ninja robot from RoboCop 3 though.

3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Ok we're the champions, yes but ... I dare saying I'm not sold yet with Zach ... :cool:
    Every game was effin hard, sometimes the team basically stopped playing. I still have some issues with his squad, some names on it, the global balance with too many defensive minded players. I often wished we had Kengo to make Endo rest. I'm still waiting but well done Zach :cool: .

4. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    My thoughts exactly. A great sub for endo when he was feeling tired.

5. JFA.mania

JFA.mania Member

Dec 19, 2010
    [LINEUP-4-5-1]
    Morimoto, Miyaichi, Usami, Honda, Kagawa, Hasebe, Nagatomo, Tulio, Nakazawa, Uchida, Kawashima
    [/LINEUP-4-5-1]

Looks incredible "in my perspective" composition for Copa America 2011 :)

6. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Man, this is a dream. Really :)

7. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This is my projected line-up for the 2014 WC as I see it right now.

----------Havenaar----------
    Kagawa----Honda----Okazaki
    -------Hasebe---Inui--------
    Nagatomo-------------Uchida
    --------Tulio---Yoshida------
    ----------Kawashima---------

8. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I would like to see Iwamasa more involved with the NT, he was a huge reason why there was no Aussie breakthrough in that game.

9. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Kagawa----Honda----Okazaki
    -Nagatomo-Hasebe--Uchida--
    ---Konno---Tulio---Makino---
    ---------Kawashima---------

This.

10. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Is nobody convinced on Tadanari Lee?

11. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    I guarantee we would not even have made it to the final with Kengo playing any sort of role.
    Not only is he massively overrated and a huge liability on the field, he's a bad-luck charm with a proven capacity to lose everything in sight.

On his best day, Kengo can't dream of being like Endo.

12. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think everyone here needs a couple more goals from him. The key word is consistency.

13. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    It depends on how he develops at Hiroshima. Petrovic has done a great job with him so far. Once he has the self-belief nailed down, I think he'll be unstoppable.

14. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I borrow artml's formation and tweak it a bit :

----------Honda----------
    Miyaichi----Kagawa----Usami
    ---Makino---Yoshida---Iwamasa---

Because I want to save Okazaki and Havenaar as secret weapon

Edit : I just check and Havenaar is 1m95 :eek: And to think that Nagatomo and Miyaichi both on the flank is not necessary
    Well, if Havenaar's actually good :

Honda----Kagawa----Usami
    ---Makino---Yoshida---Iwamasa---

15. JFA.mania

JFA.mania Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Yes I know they wont do that :) I just want to say, for JFA / Zacheroni to be more active in promoting young players, so that European clubs can come and knock the door for getting young Japanese players that can still develop with their Europe style training system.

As for considering Miyaichi in the position, this one need international caps to be able to get back to England. A good manager should think players' development too I guess

South Korean put bunch of youngsters and Wolfsburg already sign in Koo in split second. What about Japan? Maybe it would only down to Nagatomo who put brilliant performance and will make a move from "already in europe" Cesena to another serie A giants.

Has anyone already put their interest in Maeda, Endo, Konno, Iwamasa, Inoha, and Fujimoto? Even if they are good, Europe clubs would be reluctant to consider the move... imo

16. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Who gives a damn about Europe ? That's not the end of all. Think about the people happy of watching the J.league every week. Enough players in Europe, thank you.

I'm really surprised to see Havenaar on all your teams. He hasn't scored a J1 goal yet ...

17. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Was Masukawa never considered for the NT? I heard he was rocksolid this season.

18. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    To tell the truth his physical aspect impresses me much. And I don't have a chance to watch him live :p
    But he seems to have decent technique (Japan young system is famous for it), and I think Zacheroni can bring out something useful from him
    Just rewatch the Inter match with Palermo and what Pazzani did is exactly what I want to see in Havenaar. I didn't watch serie a much but back to its golden day, I was most impressed with the way strikers in serie a play as lone striker, they were so good with one touch pass, volley, or play with their back against the goal.
    If Zacheroni can utility Havenaar to play that way, it's wonderful to think that JNT have many players to be a Totti or a Del piero

19. JFA.mania

JFA.mania Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Sorry, I dont really follow J-League, I only follow JNT. And you should also consider those people who really like to watch Japanese players but can only watch European league. More Japanese players in Europe please!!! ;)

20. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If I was drawing the same "JNT dream squad" a year ago, I'd include Kagawa in it as well, though he also had yet to score a J1 goal back then.

21. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    You can't compare Havenaar to Kagawa in terms of talent ........
    I'm sure if hadn't seen the guy with the youth JNT I would with you but he was atrocious back then. Ibusuki is a better prospect.

22. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I've seen him last year in J2 and this matters more. You can be good in youth teams but fail at the "big" level and vice versa; I believe Mike is the latter case. For sure, he's not that talented but the progress he made in two previous seasons combined with his outstanding physical abilities makes me think he will become the #1 choice for JNT.

Speaking of prospects, there's (no longer 17 y.o.) Yuji Ono... heck, now it's really hard to choose :D

23. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Without noticing apparently Japan's rankings have gone up a fair bit.

Elo Ratings: Japan 12th
    FIFA Rank : Japan 17th

24. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Random thought for future Japan formation (cause its in the middle of the night here and I'm still recovering from jetlag).

If its true that having Nagatomo push up indeed benefits our mobility in attack, and that 3-4-3 is apparently bad defensively against 1 striker or 3, and that our 4-1-4-1 at the FWC was guru at defense.

Then how about defending we use the 4-1-4-1 with Makino playing the position formerly used by Abe and Honda alongside Hasebe in CM when Endo retires.

Then when attacking push Nagatomo & Uchida up for the 3-4-3 and place Makino at CB with Iwamasa & Tulio. ?

Attack:

Kagawa---Morimoto---Okazaki
    Nagatomo---Hasebe---Honda---Uchida
    Makino---Iwamasa---Tulio
    Kawashima​

and Defending:
    Morimoto
    Kagawa--------------Okazaki
    Hasebe---Honda
    Makino
    Nagatomo---Tulio--Iwamasa---Uchida
    Kawashima​

25. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    You still believe in Morimoto ? I have given up on him. His situation doesn't seem to improve and to be honest, from the last matches I've seen from him, he has regressed.