Official 2010 Japanese NT Thread [R] - part II

Discussion in 'Japan' started by lilcookie, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

They shouldn't need to use eurobased players, when the Serbian side is using a C team. :(

2. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    Re: Official 2010 Japanese NT Thread [R]

I'm a pessimist...

3. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I don't know... Only a fool would have left Kagawa out of the team to make play Endo, Shunsuke after an injury and Tamada.

4. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

psychological is the main difference. Honda, Matsui, Nakamura, Morimoto, Hasebe have all undisputedly played the best players in the world they know the limits of world football.

J.League players on the other hand have played the best players in japan....anything happening outside that is a little unknown so they're going to be hesitant and a little unsure.

5. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

If they'd lost 1-2, I might share some of the will to excuse them. But is 0-3, after the horrific games vs China and S. Korea.

6. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea

I wanted to see that Nagai guy but Okada instead opted for Yano. Ishikawa is at least looking the most impressive Japanese player on the field.

7. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

yeah true

8. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

End of the misery. 0-3.
    I am really disheartened... My most pessimistic predictions are coming true.

9. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

times like this, gotta remember.....since the 1-1 with Uzbekistan, the Japan A-team (i mean at least 9 of the A-team and the full midfield/Tulio & nakazawa) has never really disappointed except the 3-0 loss to netherlands.

Also, the psychological thing, with Osim, the players knew he had seen the best football in the world and I think that helped them a bit which is why the J.League XI under Osim got some great results.

10. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

We all are. We could only hope that they planned to lose to deceive the whole world and end up doing well in the WC (xD?) but i doubt that.
    As someone else said earlier, whatever happens after this match should shift to something positive. JFA should realise that Okada is a frog looking man that can't do his job. better than being sacked, he should resign. And I hope Endo spits on him so he gets Hep C (or is that Hep B that can be transmitted by saliva?).

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg

I'm not very worried. But the most painful is the shame, everybody is laughing at us now. Asian football was not very considered, but we almost finished him with this match ...

12. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

I guess its a good thing, that the team is considered a joke now. There aren't really many expectations for Japan anymore (well except for losing). But to be faintly positive (and i lied, i havent really lost faith in them), they might be ok in the WC, as Aki said before, after the hype, and the stresses of who is making the squad and all is over, it might work.

13. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes

That was really great. Japan's U-18 team out there playing.. (What? Serbia's C team?) Give me a break. The WC is going to have tougher teams against Japan than those Serbs. Don't you think Japan ought to stop playing Bahrain, Australia, New Zealand, etc., and go up against teams like today's more often? Games in which they can confront the world's best? I am also getting sick and tired of listening to Japanese announcers making excuses, the biggest being players' height or lack of it. Height didn't have a damned thing to do with any of those goals.

14. Edgar

Edgar Member

Match report with starting line-ups and subs?

15. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

Don't be daft, do you think A grade national teams would want to play against Japan all for a friendly, especially when european club season is still on.Why do you think Serbia brought its C side not their A team?
    There has been a discussion on this already.

Also, I don't think Australians would take your comment about Australia being considered weak lightly.

16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

How can you not be worried? What do you think will be better at the WC? Except for some player changes?

Would be nice to see what the people say about Okada now, please fill in with interviews and stuff like that after the game.

17. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If they're gonna get embarrassed, do it before the big games start. So Tokunaga and Kurihara don't make the cut and maybe he looks at different forward options.

If he goes in with that team I'd panic but it was a chance to give guys a chance to make the squad.

18. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg

Because I think the Japan who beat Ghana, smashed Togo or did 60 excellent minutes against Netherlands still exists. I just cross my fingers hoping Okada to come back to logic and to put the best team possible with the fittest players.

19. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

GK: 1楢崎正剛 DF: 22中澤佑二(cap)   19栗原勇蔵   →16 石川直宏(後半0分)   21徳永悠平   5長友佑都 MF: 10中村俊輔   →8 山瀬功治(後半25分)   20稲本潤一   7遠藤保仁   →25 槙野智章(後半37分)   2阿部勇樹 FW: 9岡崎慎司   13興梠慎三   →11 玉田圭司(後半0分)   →12 矢野貴章(後半37分)

20. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Of course , there is still a chance but it's hard to stay optimistic now.

Highlights out yet? Or it is to painful to watch ?

21. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009

I am also not worried as long as Okada chooses the right team. We are fcked if Tulio or Nakazawa is out even if Iwamasa(who is arguebly better than both of them) makes the team. And for ffs stop playing with one striker.

22. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

Why would you even ask that question seol xD?

23. OneiroPhobia

OneiroPhobia Member

Feb 10, 2010

"Highlights"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-2YqG8eflg"]YouTube- ???????????-??????2010[/ame]

24. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

Narazaki had a bad game, Serbia goals were easy goals, all of which could of been prevented. But I guess it wasn't entirely his fault, the defence was pretty crap in the first half. The 3rd goal was just embarrasing, there was hardly a formidable wall. The 2nd goal, could of been prevented if he had cleared the ball properly but eh... limbo to hell and back and forth, its done and dusted, now time to revolt!

25. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

The thing is that this holds true across all the positions.
    Who have we got if Okazaki gets injured or isn't producing anymore? Tamada and Yano? Christ almighty.
    Who have we got if Endo or Hasebe are in bad form or injured? Abe and Inamoto? We are screwed.

Okada takes a talent gap between Europe-based players and JLeague and makes it look like an Ocean... all because he makes terrible personnel choices.