Official 2009 Seleccion Ecuatoriana Thread

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Manolo, Feb 12, 2009.

1. GW Emperor

GW Emperor New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ecuador v Brazil (29/03/2009)

Match Betting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Best price for Ecuador win

15/4 @ Boylesports.com, and Paddypower.com

Ecuador are very nicely priced for those who are confident that the team can topple Brazil in Quito this weekend, with Boylesports and Paddypower offering the best price of them all. A ten pounds/dollars bet would see you recieve a 47.50 return. A fifty pounds/dollars bet would see you recieve a 237.50 return.

Best price for Brazil win

5/6 @ Stanjames.com

Brazil are the favourites to win the clash with Ecuador, and of the not very profit making prices around, it is Stan James that offer the best price. A ten pounds/dollars bet would see you recieve a poor 18.33 return. A fifty pounds/dollars bet would see you recieve a 91.67 return.

Best price for a Draw

12/5 @ Boylesports.com, and Sportingbet.com

If you are brave enough to go for a draw in the Ecuador v Brazil clash, bookies are predicting that this result is more likely than a Ecuador win, and Boylesports and Sportingbet are providing the best prices. A ten pounds/dollars bet would see you recieve a 34.00 return. A fifty pounds/dollars bet would see you recieve a 170.00 return.

If say you are confident of an Ecuador win, and also believe that Spain can defeat Turkey, and Colombia can defeat Bolivia, a ten pounds/dollars treble on those three wins would see you recieve around 100.00 in return, whereas a fifty pounds/dollars treble on those three wins would see you recieve around 490.00 in return.

P.S. bookies prices may change.

2. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think these sites recognize if you are from the U.S. and do not let you place bets.

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, they can...

but I am friends with the King of Nigeria's son's persecuted widow. We are currently working on a deal together were I give her all my banking information and she gives me all this money - maybe she can help?? ;)

4. GW Emperor

GW Emperor New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh well thats a bummer. I guess only me and the members based in Ecuador (or elsewhere) can take advantage of that betting. I also thought that I would put up the betting prices to show how bookies are seeing the outcome of the match, and by what margins.

5. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    so what line up should start against Peru?

Cevallos
    Reasco, Campos, W Ayovi, Mina
    Castillo Naboa (Urutia)
    Guerron Valencia (Bolanos)
    Benitez Palacios ???Carlos Tenorio???
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbKglNy88s8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbKglNy88s8[/ame]
    http://www.cre.com.ec/Desktop.aspx?Id=380&e=126219

Taco de Teno for Urutia gol vs Argentina June 15, 2008
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wEbbP3CxpM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wEbbP3CxpM[/ame]

6. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Carlos Tenorio will be 30 in May 2009

Ivan Kaviedes is 31 and will be 32 in Oct 2009.

something to think about:
    1986 world cup champion Argentine forward Jorge Valdano was 31 going on 32
    and helped Argentina to their 2nd world cup by scoring 4 goals.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9iB-3SPMkc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9iB-3SPMkc[/ame]

7. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Guys I'm sad and I feel melancholic....I just hope this isn't the end of an era but just a transition time and the same glory or even more will come
    I mean we cannot become another Peru or Colombia, living of memories!
    We are more than that.....

8. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Benitez and Tenorio...ni de FANTASMA que se aparescan MAS los dos para lo que resta de esta eliminatoria.

Some people don't understand that Benitez is goign to do the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER etc. EVVVEERRRRYYY GAME!!! He did it with Venezuela at home, with Colombia, Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay, Brazil...even A FEW AGAINST PERU FOR GOD SAKES!!! When are people going to learn that Benitez is part of the list of forwards that "MAMAN GOLES HECHOS"...Benitez and Tenorio are all about ALMOST-GOALS....they're never about scoring....just ALMOST and thats where it ends. Or can someone tell me if the Benitez-Tenorio duo up front helped us at all...SH*T Tenorio did not even score ONCE. He's even worse than Benitez.

I want to start hearing new names: Narciso Mina, Pablo Palacios, Joao Rojas, Jorge Ladines and if Kaviedes actually starts to play in LDU-P and has good performances, HIM TOO....these are players we need to work with.

Caicedo, Benitez, and Tenorio are a HUGE NO!! They need to exit the mind of any ecuadorian fan who actually WANTS TO SEE US WIN!! Not just play beautifully...BUT WIN!!!
    Benitez and Caicedo need to PROVE THEMSELVES in higher level competition WITH LOTS OF GOAL before they ever wear Ecuadors jersey ever again.

9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am already prepared for this....

10. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What's Aguinaga up to these days? Even though he may not have coaching experience I wouldn't mind him taking the helm of our seleccion. What we need is creativity and with Vizuete there's none of that. I think Aguinaga could definitely instill some passion and determination into our team.

11. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Definitely....I always have that fantasy of Alex taking over our team...
    Vizuete is not a bad coach but he lacks a brain :eek:...No, seriously, he is good but he doesn't have the instinct to make the right changes when a game gets tough.....
    We do need someone with more experience...

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yup...with Vizuete we have seen Ecuador become even mooooree aggressive than ever before. We just lack a finisher and Vizuete just lacks experience when it comes to substitutions.

13. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    haha i kind of see it coming too...but I HOPE TO GOD IM WRONG.

Even my dad said..."preparate para ver el ecuador de anos atras...el que juega como nunca y pierde como siempre"

14. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It happens...NT go through cycles. Argentina haven't won a WC in 22 years. It might very well be in our own standards that Ecuador might not see another WC for 20 years or so as well. It happens, life goes on. Frankly I don't care as long as the players play like they mean it, the FEF backs them up and we see little corruption, etc, etc....

15. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Augustin delgado will be back in thre national squad for peru.. let's hope Emelec can bring him up Physically. Oh. i forgot to tell you guys that I just recieved a package from Ecuador.. 7 revista estadios, Rosquitas, a bag of menta and cafe Dolca..:D..

16. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Is this your guess or is there more to this?

17. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That's right.

He cost us a victory in Buenos Aires. Remember all those changes he made at the last minute? It destabilized the team. He cost us the victory against Brazil. Why didn't he make those changes sooner?

The most fired up I've seen him get is against Paraguay when the half-time whistle was blown, because there was still another minute left to be played. Really? Can't he get fired up liked that to motivate our players instead?

18. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    essentially the problem i saw with sixto vizuete before he was hired and his name was in the bucket with others was simply the inexperience at the highest level...it's really showing. Yes he's Ecuadorian, yes he's a patriot, yes he loves our team and the players but there's something about having a big name coach, or at least someone with a successfull trajectory that brings players up to a higher level because of his presence. i was talking to my dad the other night about how i see all the potential on the team to do very great things, but that last kick is lacking, its beautiful play that we've had, but it can be even more beautiful because something is lacking (the mental game). if Ecuador wants success, they have to break the bank for a bigger coach...time to take it to the next level...it's not like the federacion isn't making good money..the last 2 games brought in an estimated total of $2 million just in ticket sales!!!

19. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    This will never happen,I put my nuts on the line for this one.:cool:

20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I said this over and over again but after the mauling victory over Peru everyone told me, "See...?"

21. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Im feeling Narciso Mina,,the guy was a monster with el Manta FC,,and he is still young.But Barcelocas is screwing him up,like they do to most of the up and coming stars.He's riding the bench with them,they should have left him with el Manta at least till this year.The kid was a starter and was scoring like crazy with them.Same shit happen with Edmundo Zura. Funny nobody paid him mind in el Manta,,but when he's transferred to Barceloca he gets call to the NT,,,WTF,,,,,harta trinca.

22. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah I am another person that thinks Barcelona ruins peoples careers. No disrespect to any barcelona fan. But it's true. Edmundo Zura is a great player and so far hasn't been able to find his way back up since he was in Imbabura. It sucks. Look at Cristian Lara...had a great year with LDU and basically sat the bench 60%-70% of the time in barcelona. When Palacios went to Barcelona he was the very very last option along with Vera as a forward. I remember that and was surprised he ended up being the top goal scorer of the league.

Narciso Mina is not benched though man. He's a good player as well but wasn't playing the right position in lots of barcelonas first games. Ever since the game with Portoviejo he has. Retarded ass Benito Floro had him in the midfield for a lot of games but im sure now that hes up front with Palacios we will see something interesting come out of those two this year.

Here's a list of players that I think should be considered/thought of/or be given an opportunity starting now on our NT (since we're not making to the WC, we should start working on these players now):

Rorys Aragon
    Maximo Banguera
    Alexander Dominguez
    Manuel Mendoza

Jairo Campos
    Deison Mendez
    Diego Calderon
    Miguel Ibarra
    Geovanny Nazareno
    Jefferson Hurtado
    Wilson Folleco

Jefferson Montero
    Fabricio Guevara
    Fernando Guerrero
    Jefferson Pinto

Narciso Mina
    Pablo Palacios
    Felix Borja
    Joao Rojas
    Jorge Ladines

Cevallos, Hurtado, Espinoza, Ambrossi, Reasco, Mina, Mendez, Valencia, Urrutia, Noboa, Quiroz, Castillo, Ayovi, and Luis Bolanos should also continue to be called up for our NT for the remainder of the Qualifiers.

Guerron, Benitez, and Caicedo all gotta take a break and prove themselves before their names are heard of again.

23. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ummm...to be honest. El Tin himself just said it recently.

www.futbolecuador.com

He's still willing to play for the NT if he's in good shape and according to Emelec's staff he's almost 100% in shape and about to make an appearance within the next week or so. And with Kaviedes really close to returning in action in LDU-P, don't be surprised if they're names appear on the list that Vizuete will put out in June instead of Benitez and Caicedo. I sure hope so, just so i can see that duo again....probably won't happen but I don't want to loose my hopes.

24. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Check out the time of my post and check out the time this news came out on the Media.. You should know better than to question me by now..LOL... Your nuts please..

25. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I called it too...the game against peru and all those goals everyone saw was a LIE TO EVERYONE EYES of what was going to happen the rest of the qualifiers. I called Bauza should have been the COACH A MILLION TIMES before!!! Shoot even Bolillo should have came back....but lots of ppl said "nooo we're tired of having colombians coach us" and "nooo that's a step back". LOL with Vizuete we went a whole decade PLUS back in time. To the old Ecuador.