Official 2009 Des Moines MENACE Thread

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by IASocFan, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeauxMenace

GeauxMenace New Member

May 19, 2009
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will depend on the coaching situation next year.

2. Tracer Bullet

Tracer Bullet New Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, we all remembered him from last year, he was a class act and didn't take anything personally, even my stupid Oscar Meyer song. So to hear that we were a big reason why he came to Des Moines, that means a lot. Hope to have him back next year, he was a fan favorite.

3. Tracer Bullet

Tracer Bullet New Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we were funnier when we were out drinking beer until 7:25. I wonder if this was actually true, or if this was the humor version of having beer muscles...

4. IowaClone

IowaClone Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Kc, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its a shame hes leaving now, but best of luck to him and congrats to all he has done for menace soccer.

5. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    The question is still being asked, why did Casey leave?? Was he pushed out due to $? That is the rumor I keep hearing, that he had no choice but too leave??

6. GeauxMenace

GeauxMenace New Member

May 19, 2009
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If any more scarves become available I would like to order one if possible. If you could let me know that would be much appreciated. I would like to order one for our son and add it to his collection. Thanks much.

7. aetraxx7

aetraxx7 Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    Des Moines, IA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wondered that too. He is an awesome coach and has been since day 1. Of all of our coaches, Casey was the best in terms of putting together a great team and producing some excellent soccer. His results were usually pretty good too, especially 2005, 2006, and this year.
    I was truly hoping that we would win the league again this year b/c it would have been awesome to see him bookend his tenure with titles.
    I am hoping that he has an offer with a top NCAA program or something and that it just has not been announced...

8. Tracer Bullet

Tracer Bullet New Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buz has an extra I know, if SnakeEyes ran out. You might be able to pry it away from him.

9. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    Im surprised the the RA doesnt want to ask the tough questions on why coach isnt coming back, dont want to upset the FO? Now is the time to use your clout. Im not happy that he left. Isnt anyone else? :confused::mad:
    Coach of the Year, and he had to leave the club?? That just does not make any sense.

10. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone looking for a good place to watch tomorrow's game downtown???

11. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Go ahead and share, in case someone needs one downtown.

We will be gathering at Limeys again tomorrow for the game.

12. ragan

ragan New Member

Jun 23, 2008
    what time is the game?

2PM? Really?

13. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game is really 3pm CDT which is also the local time in Mexico City. Coverage on Telemundo starts at 2:30 - mediacom channel 60.

I don't know if mediacom is doing mun2 or not.

14. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    I got an email back from Mediacom yesterday stating that they would be passing along the free preview of mun2 tomorrow. That is digital channel 601.

15. GeauxMenace

GeauxMenace New Member

May 19, 2009
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Buz or Snake Eyes have an extra scarve let me know. I would be very happy to buy it and pay for shipping. Thanks (I also understand if there are no more available just wanted to see if there were any extras)

16. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Timely - now that I'm at work!!!!

17. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    For those with Mediacom in the Des Moines area, mun2 is unlocked on channel 601.

18. *buz*

*buz* New Member

May 3, 2008
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sorry for the late response. I am pretty certain I have an extra scarf in the drum bag. I am at work but can check when I get home. I bought an extra just for a situation like this.

on an unrelated note, as i'm almost sure everyone on the DSM Menace thread is a USMNT fan, the local American Outlaw chapter (Des Moines Outlaws) are trying to find a permament home bar to watch USA games at. Currently we watch at Limey's but if anyone has any other ideas for some killer bars in the DSM area, please join the discussion (https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1398). We could use all the input we can get.

19. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buz, you and Clint coming down for the game this weekend?

20. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States