Official 2009 Des Moines MENACE Thread

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by IASocFan, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *buz*

*buz* New Member

May 3, 2008
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leave it to you to play the smartass.

[​IMG]

2. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Greatest t-shirt ever. If it came in red I'd wear one to games

3. Tracer Bullet

Tracer Bullet New Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's what I do...

But for srsly... Do we really think we can get many more people to join us? Maybe so, now that they've seen us do it once... I'm not too awfully optimistic though.

4. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
    wings of a sparrow to greet the Clarets on friday? :p

5. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Hey guys, poll #2.... needs a few more voices from us fans :)

http://www.whotv.com/sports/

Post it on your Facebooks, Twitters, and whatever else you kids do today.

6. *buz*

*buz* New Member

May 3, 2008
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we are getting our arses kicked...

anyway, whats the word on the march-in? anything?

7. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We were 4% this morning; we're up to 14% now.

Keep on voting!!!

8. aetraxx7

aetraxx7 Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    Des Moines, IA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's funny b/c I think that exact situation is happening tomorrow. I turned down Stormers playoff tickets to go the Menace game tomorrow.

And that crack about people in the stand sitting with their thumbs inserted in theie anuses was uncalled for. I sit in the stands and my hatred for that accursed t-shirt cannon has been well documented. That is why I sit on the south side of the midfield line. Bobby G never walks his lazy butt down my way. Thank God. I cheer at the right moments. That is of course when I can see the right moments (stupid f-ing t-shirt gun!). One more reason why I did not go out of my to reschedule my life for the Menace most of the season...

9. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Really is an interesting sports day in Iowa. Menace, Barnstormers, Cubs, NASCAR practice and the other race in Newton, and state baseball.

10. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
    we meeting somewhere before the game? or just 715 at the [locked] west gates for the march in?

11. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    What have we been doing most of the season? Legends

Except I think some of us may even be there before 5. Details forthcoming.

12. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
    yeh i was wondering about legeds because of the fire v ocean city match.

13. *buz*

*buz* New Member

May 3, 2008
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well I'm outta work around 4:30 so i may be at Legends on the earlier side of 5. but not too much earlier. my scarf is hanging high in my cube today. go menace!

oh and i'm not sure if this has been mentioned recently but MOLONY IS A GOALIE GOD!

14. *buz*

*buz* New Member

May 3, 2008
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    btw, did anyone get back to olujosh?

15. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    I'm not sure. I'll be at Legends at 4:45 waiting for you bastards to show up.

16. *buz*

*buz* New Member

May 3, 2008
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you Des Moines for another fun season.

I have more to say later.

17. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
    To the Refs: You suck, !@#hole and your mom's a b#$%

18. aetraxx7

aetraxx7 Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    Des Moines, IA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a bitter disappointment. I was hoping for a Central Conference showdown tonight. Good luck to the Fire. May they overcome they thugs from Carey.

19. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is up with these new PDL teams advancing so far in their first seasons?

Heres to Menace being in the new USL2 next year...

20. GeauxMenace

GeauxMenace New Member

May 19, 2009
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a great season. Unfortunately it ended too soon. Just wanted to say thank you to the Red Army for their tremendous support of the boys. Our son had a blast and loved living in Des Moines for the summer. He really appreciated the support from all the fans, but especially the Red Army!! Thanks again.

21. ragan

ragan New Member

Jun 23, 2008
    alright so i made my season debut last night lol i was the kid in the grey next to RA that didn't say or do shit.

anyways, gotta say three things: the refs sucked a couple times, but the line judge made every right call, despite that ya'll thought he was wrong on many of them. the first sub, the dude with long hair that everyone seemed to love, yeah...he kinda sucked and ruined the game. we were strong on right side but then he subs in and we're weak and they take advantage and like 5 minutes after he comes in they score.... after he had given up the ball a lot right away. he did great later on in stoppage time but besides that he wasn't special at all. and third you guys are fun as hell the chants are hilarious. hopefully next season i can actually attend games. after about 6 years of absence i forgot what i was missing

22. *buz*

*buz* New Member

May 3, 2008
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    maybe i should know this but can i ask who your son is?

1: the reason we rode that ref so hard was because we have a long history with him. he has centered DM's games and has blown at every single one. he was the center for the DM/Real Colorado game. he gives the league a black eye though he is less dangerous as a linesma-oops excuse me, assistant referee.
    2: i did disagree with Mann subing in Yuki on the wing. We like him alot but he is not great with the ball at his feet. he's fast and has a way to sneak behind the defense, but is not a target player. i felt if he was to come on, he should have come on as a striker.
    3: we are pretty hilarious.
    shame you missed most the season, we could have used you. its also a shame the Red Army was short-handed when our boys needed us most. ("103 degree" temperature has Barnstormer playoff game written all over it :D)

regardless the fact that once again it seems the play on the field has outgrown the officiating's skills (seriously, in what world is it not a red card when the goalie is the last man back, runs out of the box, and uses his hands to prevent a sure goal??? i sure hope the Menace FO send that tape into the USL to ensure he never does any more damage.), thats not the reason we lost that game. we outplayed them but couldn't capitalize where it matters. not to mention their keeper, Smurfette, is solid and held a .50 GAA. however he is short and how many corners did we have? we should have tucked at least one away, and Smurfette should have never gotten his mitts on a single one of em.

Also did we ever miss Ben Taylor and Sterling Copeland. We didn't dominate the midfield like most the season as we did with Ben, and we couldn't finish like most the season as we did with Sterling. i'm confident that if we would have had them, one of those last three attempts would have leveled the game.

unfortunately (and fortunately for them) i would be incredibly surprise if we see Taylor, Copeland, and our fan favorite Molony (as well as a few others) back in the PDL ranks next year. we were spoiled with a far too talented side for them to return, and with Casey on his way out, recruiting will be extremely tough. hell, i don't know much about it but i wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Molony go MLS next season. i just hope he remembers his favorite supporters club (and sorry we couldn't come up with a song that wasn't lunch meat related. afterall, it is how this relationship blossomed.)

thats the worst part about this league is we've grown so attached to this players as the season progressed, but only a small number will return next year. (*unless we hop on the USL First Division train...*) and it really sucks because i believe we had all the talent to add another star to our logo this year but it wasn't meant to be. well thanks players and thanks Casey Mann for the years of hard work you put into this team and community.

23. GeauxMenace

GeauxMenace New Member

May 19, 2009
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buz - our son was the goalie. He really enjoyed his whole time in Des Moines, even last year when he had to come in and play against the Menace. His first comment to us after playing against the Menace on the Rapids team was "Great place to play a soccer game with all the fan support and there was this great group who sat behind the goal giving me a hard time but it was awesome. After the game I walked around and saluted them and said it was great to have them there even if they were trying to get me off my game" I think this was a big reason he chose to play in Des Moines this year was due to the experience you all provide. He has two more seasons left for college soccer since he redshirted his first year and we would like for him to get the all important degree before he thinks of trying anything else. The Menace has, and will be a great experience for him. Thanks again to the whole Red Army for their continued support of these guys in their pursuit of playing "The Beautiful Game". Our son will never forget this summer.

24. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh come on, I went to the doctor for the first time in nearly 3 years hoping that they'd be able to medicate me enough to at least show up and call #10 fat.:D

It sucked to miss a playoff game...especially for a weird case of the flu.

I second all of this.

So does that mean there's a chance of Sean coming back to the DSM?

25. IowaClone

IowaClone Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Kc, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, how did the walkin go again guys ? Also sorry to hear about the loss.