Official 2007 Copa Libertadores Thread: CF Necaxa [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by Deleted USer, Jan 14, 2007.

1. el Rafaa

el Rafaa Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Somewhere in MA
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

why does it matter? what good is the comparison for, brasil club teams have lost right and left to other chileans, argentina, colombian, peruvian, equador teams.... and again it means nothing, the only thing that matters is the end result.

2. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
  3. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: el chapulin al necaxa

Necaxa won 2-0

4. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  5. Manoro3

Manoro3 Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Los Ángeles
    According to this....

http://www.mediotiempo.com/noticia.php?id_noticia=37534

Romario won't come because of a contract with Vasco da Gama.

I think Necaxa's motivation was to have him score his 1000th goal as a way of getting publicity. But that whole thing is as worthless as Pele's 1000th goal. They count everything. Friendlies, church group tournaments, backyard games, etc.

6. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  7. Manoro3

Manoro3 Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Los Ángeles
    Vilar, Atlante's portero, will be the third refuerzo for Necaxa.

http://www.mediotiempo.com/noticia.php?id_noticia=37823

These look like some smart choices to me. Neither of Necaxa's current two goalies looked particularly reliable to me, Gracián has experience in Libertadores and is a kind of midfielder that Necaxa didn't have, and Oscar Rojas would be a definite improvement over Osvaldo Lucas on the right, and to top it off Alfredo Moreno is back from his injury.

And what mexican coach has the track record that Trejo has in Libertadores?

My money is on Necaxa to go the farthest of the 3 mexican teams.

8. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    El Necaxa va jugar sin Mexicanos.

pffffffffftttt vamos Nacional

9. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    gerardo galindo any one else??

10. Manoro3

Manoro3 Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Los Ángeles
    Beltrán, Mario Pérez, and Horacio Cervantes are pretty much starters.

Jaime Ruiz sees a lot of time as a sub, Padilla comes on every now and then, Osvaldo Lucas is a starter but Rojas might take his spot. Luis Omar Hernández sees a fair amount of time.

Anyway, if they're not a team that makes it a policy to play with only mexicans, and they're within the rules, I don't see what they should be criticized for.

11. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    --------------Vilar-------------------
    -Rojas--Beltran---Quatrocchi --Perez-
    --------------Cervantes--------------
    ---Barbosa ----------------Galindo---
    ----------------Gracian---------------
    ----------Kléber------Moreno----------

7 extranjeros y 4 mexicanos. Aunque el equipo no se mira mal.

12. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    is Perez even on the team anymore?

13. Necaxista

Necaxista New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Cuernavaca
    Club:
    Club Necaxa
    Nat'l Team:
    Namibia
    Nope. Looks like it will be Rojas (thought isnt he a forward?) and Lucas as laterales.

It's pretty pathetic that we'll have more extranjeros, IMO Luis Omar should start over Quattrochi and Vilar should not even have been contacted.

14. montakristo

montakristo New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    LOS ANGELES
    nacional scored on a terrible pass back into teh box by rojas.. it was a perfect pass to the nacional forward

kleber got one back a couple minutes later

anyone notice how the picture from these south american stadiums is about as grainy as a youtube video? they must film these games with those nikon coolpix cameras

15. mexicano

mexicano New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Templológico
  16. mexicano

mexicano New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Templológico
    Necaxa 2-3 Nacional

Con un 1-0 en la vuelta avanza Necaxa

17. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california
    What the hell was trejo thinking today by having Rojas play on the left wing? Vilar also didnt have a very good game and im sure one that hed like to forget but i feel he will get a little more confident now that he gets to train with his new teamates and will do much better in the following games.

Gracian had a very good game, you can right away see the confidence and the experience he brings to the team in playing these tournaments. I think he would be better starting the game along side with Moreno.
    Overall the team looks good and they seem to have a very good bench as well which is a plus because you never know when youre going to need someone to come in and respond.

Still like i said before in the Necaxa thread, they are missing pichojos Perez and they will continue to do so becuase they dont have a true replacement for him. I dont know everything behind the story on why he was cut but he was fundemental to this team and you can see during the game the lack of attack by Necaxa on that left wing. With Perez in the lineup they would have much a much more complete team. I think that Rojas reinforcement sale sobrando at this point.

Galindo and Beltran are liabilities on defense but as long they can outscore their opponent and their offense continues to score at the other end much of their mistakes will go unoticed.

18. Necaxista

Necaxista New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Cuernavaca
    Club:
    Club Necaxa
    Nat'l Team:
    Namibia
    I'm pretty sure they made a mistake with Rojas and were thinking of Oscar from amierdica. Trejo wouldn't be idiotic enough to switch a right footed forward to a left footed lateral.

19. Manoro3

Manoro3 Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Los Ángeles
    But he would be idiotic enough to actually hire the wrong guy who plays on a different team and is of a different nationality?

Coaches do this sometimes. They switch a guy, maybe to try to confuse the other team, I don't know. Didn't work out too well, Rojas ended up being the weak link of the team.

Anyway, I still see Necaxa advancing. A 1-0 or 2-1 at home is very doable.

20. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california
    Haaa haaa that is very true, el que es pendejo es pendejo!!!!
    Now if he was thinking of Rojas from America first off WRONG TEAM, 2nd why would you even consider a guy who is INURED? that is the reason he hasnt been playing with America.

This was just a bad move, bad decision, if anything the guy they really need and should have gotten off Jaguares was not Rojas it should have been VELA!!!! but like i said para pendejo no se estudia se nace!!!

This is not like that one Denigris transaction that went wrong when the brasilians by mistake selected the wrong Denigris!!! freakin Trejo knows damn well who is who! its not like he doesnt know his freakin Mexican teams and players....

Anyways rojas may still work on the right wing but they will continue to suffer by not having a natural on the left wing....

21. Manoro3

Manoro3 Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Los Ángeles
  22. Necaxista

Necaxista New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Cuernavaca
    Club:
    Club Necaxa
    Nat'l Team:
    Namibia
    As its been mentioned, relationship between the gober of Ags and Televisa aren't good, so we could be moving to Leon.

23. mexicano

mexicano New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Templológico
    Would it still be Necaxa? Or will it take over Leon?

The article said that there was a 50 year contract between Necaxa and the Aguascalientes government.

24. Manoro3

Manoro3 Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Los Ángeles
    Anybody see the fat Uruguayan guy flipping everybody off after Nacional scored a goal? Hopefully somebody whoops his ass.

25. Hector_Huerta

Hector_Huerta Member

May 2, 2007
    Espn
    I saw that WTF ?. Hopefully he gets ganged on the way out . Looks like hes already getting ganged , as violence in the stadium Azteca

This game just again proves how classless those Uruguayans are . Why did the Nacional players hell did they want to upset and sign towards the crowd. Just asking for violence