Official 2006 DM Menace Thread (R)

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by menacemaniac, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lemons

lemons Member

United States
    Nov 20, 2004
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Hahahahaha. 1-1. Hilarious.

2. aetraxx7

aetraxx7 Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    Des Moines, IA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I must've been the bad luck last year. Good thing that a bunch of crap happened that prevented me from going this year I guess. (No it wasn't my wife this time...)

1-1 into stoppage time is much better than last year.

3. lemons

lemons Member

United States
    Nov 20, 2004
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    What an awful ending.

4. aetraxx7

aetraxx7 Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    Des Moines, IA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    spoke too soon....

5. firesting81

firesting81 Member+

Jan 16, 2001
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Whay a kick to the gut...only worse. Did I hear right that Settle made a gaffe?

6. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Jake was in goal? Wow, that is different.........

7. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GREAT 90 minutes MENACE! Too bad about the last minute of extra time! :(

Definitely an improvement from last year!

AGAIN, a great run through the OPEN CUP!!!:)

Another GREAT JOB my the MENACE Organization. Great bus ride, dinner, and game! Thanks Rachel, Kristen and company!

8. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    I'm not sure how hilarious it was. It was basically our reserve side playing except for Hesmer (who's started a couple senior games recently) and Thomas. Eddie Johnson came on very late and made a bit of a difference, but still I wouldn't say there was much hilarious about it. The Wizards controlled the game, we just couldn't get the ball in the net. Which has been our problem all season.

Good showing Des Moines, both in your fans and on the field. Better luck next year.

9. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Wizards reminded me of Argentina. The guys in blue putting together 20 passes in a row, but not putting it in the back of the net.

10. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Don't come in here spouting off your "big deal, you played our reserves". They are, after all, still professionals last I knew. Besides, how much does it make you rethink that there is something wrong with your system/players/coaches when you see two men getting ready to enter the game-- EJ at $600,000/year and Tucker Sindlinger who is trying to decide whether to take Algebra 2 or Advanced Chemistry his Senior year of HS.

Don't get me wrong, good job to the Wizards. You beat us.....but you SHOULD have beaten us worse. Let's see........at $1.6m for salaries that equals about $800,000/goal. We only paid...........oh that's right-- our goal was for free.

11. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Our guys have nothing to feel bad about. They played, they played hard, with pride, passion, and courage. They didn't let the fact they were playing an MLS side get to them, not even when EJ came on. Great performance, Menace fans are proud of our boys.

Menace bounced - Des Moines Register

12. Quista 14

Quista 14 New Member

May 31, 2003
    Honestly, why are you even here. I would be embarrased to be a Wizards fan. Regardless of who you played or any circumstance you should be able to take down an amateur side before stoppage time, which by the way went well over 3 minutes. I am glad that we can help restore your teams confidence to win games! Nice to see Johnson show up last night.

Hopefully next year when we face a MLS team they will actually have to come to Des Moines. It's ridiculous that the USSF and MLS will not take their product on the road to showchase it to fans that never get to experience that level of soccer.

I don't see any reason why we can't win another championship after witnessing last nights game. Play with that kind of heart for 90 minutes against any other PDL foe and it will be no problem.

13. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Totally agreed on all ponts. Great post- rep given.

14. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
    we play like that the rest of the season we will DESTROY the PDL

15. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
    pictures posted on menace fans

16. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Some of the Menace fans, that came on the bus, at the pre-game:
    [​IMG]

Wide shot of the lineups
    [​IMG]

First half:
    [​IMG]

First half:
    [​IMG]

Here was there strategy to beat us :D :
    [​IMG]

Second half:
    [​IMG]

What a sight this was:
    [​IMG]

Eddie trash talking and intimidating an amateur:
    [​IMG]

17. Nyghtewynd

Nyghtewynd I'd Rather Walk Alone

May 30, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like a member of the USNT can intimidate anyone. What was he going to do--him him with Landycakes' purse?

18. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
    no, he just elbow's 17 year olds in the face

19. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
    even the press favored us [​IMG]

20. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Holy jeepers Batman!!!
    Honestly I came to say this...
    I'm a mod of the KC forum, so needless to say I understand trolling and I chose my words wisely. I didn't think anyone could take offense to what I said, frankly because I didn't say anything offending. I made a couple comments about the game, complimented your fans and team and that was it. No need to jump down my throat. I think you can ask IASocFan or SnakeEyes, who both know me from our soccer travels, and they'll tell you I'm a decent guy with no ill will.
    Take care and good luck with the rest of your season.

21. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    I would say that the highlighted statements above are the reason for the reaction. Do you realize that out of 7 sentences in your post, all except the one "Good showing Des Moines, both in your fans and on the field" were taken in a trolling way? And by more than just me......THAT is why you got the reaction you did. Not to mention, I am a little leary of you personally anyhow (I still haven't forgotten the WizardsCharter/BenC show of Wizards v. Galaxy game 2004 either).

22. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
    i've added snakeeye's pictures and the video to menacefans.com

23. firesting81

firesting81 Member+

Jan 16, 2001
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    This just in: WE'RE IN! Playoff time, baby!

24. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001