Official 2005/06 1. FC Nürnberg thread [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Cruiseman, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    We were bottom of the league for a long time 2 years ago and now look at where we are...

2. ohk4

ohk4 Member

Jun 22, 2003
    and the birthplace of Puma. The two companies were started by brothers who were or became enemies. If I recal correctly from Uli Hesse-Lichenberger's book Tor! Loddar's father worked at Puma, but now I notice that he wears addidas apparel. Apparently switching sides is the worse thing you can do in Herzogenaurach. Maybe his father was no longer alive.

3. ohk4

ohk4 Member

Jun 22, 2003

no class at all! I reckon the last game of the season in 1999 still causes you pain. I was in the stadium. It was glorious to watch as the Frankfurt result (5-1 against Kaiserslautern) made its way around the stadium :D

For those of you who don't remember: After all game were played that season, Frankfurt and Nürnberg were even on points, both had the same goal difference, but Nürnberg went down with less goals after losing to Freiburg 1-2 at home and Frankfurt scoring five against K-Town. Frankfurt's last three goals came in the last ten minutes, with the backbreaker coming in the 89th. Mr. Relegation Andi Köpke was minding Nürnberg's net. Wow, I have felt this much Schadenfreude in some time.

Here is the link of the final weekend's results and subsequent table:
    http://kicker.de/content/spielplan/...bject=0&saison=1998/99&spieltag=34&pvc_atab=2

4. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I remember that weekend. It got BVB into the CL, but my heart went out to FCN fans.

However, FCN had no one to blame but themselves. Friedel Rausch told them to go out and secure at least a point and they didn't listen to him.

5. OP_M

OP_M New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    it was no attack against freiburg,(i really felt with you after we grabbed that late winner last season...just like what happened to us saturday...) just the facts of last season.and we are going to be even worse!;)

but first we're gonna get kicked out of the cup today :D

6. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not that I'm advocating Lothar for the job, but how would you know hiring him would be a big mistake???

7. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I think Wolf is a good coach...thats all.

8. ohk4

ohk4 Member

Jun 22, 2003
    It's cool. Despite my post above, I also have a soft spot for Nürnberg, giving they are a close team to me.

9. OP_M

OP_M New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    okay, good :)

going out to the match now, they're expecting around 10.000 ppl this time ( i am proud to be one of them!), with 3000-5000 from dresden. :rolleyes:

worst attendance since the cup fixture against ahlen last season, we lost 2:3 (but it was a hoyzer-match :mad: )

10. ohk4

ohk4 Member

Jun 22, 2003
    it is still amazing that the DFB ultimately just swept the whole Hoyzer affair under the carpet and didn't have more games replayed. And that clubs didn't complain more.

11. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    And he's a crap coach making a career on his name. In his coaching jobs so far, he:

Took over the reigning Austrian champions and took them to 10th in the table. He then took over Partizan Belgrade midway through the season when they were 15 points in the lead. They ended up winning the title by like 6 points I think. He then got them eliminated in the first round of the CL and they fell way behind Red Star in the Serbian league when he left. After that he joined Hungary, has not improved our results in any way, we are still no threat, he makes us play huge superstar teams (Brazil, Argentina and France friendlies) which people like for the attention but in reality is a waste of time as we should concentrate on teams that are beatable. His team selection is also entirely outrageous (he has played 80 something players in his 2 years in charge!!!!!!!!) And that includes some that he hasn't been able to name.

12. OP_M

OP_M New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    Next round, bad match.OK for me, if we keep playing bad and getting the points in the league.

Mainz is important now, we need a win!!

13. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    Wolf just got fired, no new coach yet for Nürnberg.

14. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    New coach will be announced on Wednesday, according to Kicker.

15. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Bad f#cking mistake in my opinion. The injuries and new purchases not working out are not Wolf's fault. :mad:

What are the chances they hire Mattheaus???

16. OP_M

OP_M New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    pretty big.

but italian media is spreading now that zeman will be our new coach. would love that!! :eek:

17. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they sign Matthaeus. But i wouldn't have fired Wolf in the first place.

18. OP_M

OP_M New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    Well, he's out and we need a new one now, no way back sadly (he was a great person, but no luck anymore and well...i am happy, some players will get fair chances again now, like vittek or out tunesian internationals).Rumours are also on about Neururer, Toppmöller and Rekdal from Valeranga (i kinda like that idea, getting the coach of the norwegian champs)

19. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Why do you hate Nürnberg that much?

20. OP_M

OP_M New Member

Dec 12, 2004

:D i don't care if we sign him, i just wanna get out of the dropzone :(

21. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

They f#cked up. They should have kept Wolf. Neururer and Toppmoeller are s#it trainers who won't do any better with the FCN team than Wolf did.

Roth has f#cked up again. The clown can't ever leave well enough alone.

When did Valeranga Oslo win the Norwegian title? Did they win this last one?

I'm asking because the last word I got is that Rosenborg has won it over ten straight times and they are in the CL, not Valeranga........

22. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I don't hate Nuernberg but hence i am a selfish guy, and Matthaeus my national coach right now so...

23. OP_M

OP_M New Member

Dec 12, 2004

yeah, they won the title this season.i think the season ended just 1 or 2 weeks ago? :confused: :)

24. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Cool! Finally, someone besides Rosenborg.

Now, if Hearts can only take that Scottish crown.......

Still. Why would a guy who's going to coach in the CL next year want to move to FCN??

I love FCN, but let's be real. Especially with that f#cking clown Roth in charge, no one with any real coaching pedigree is going to want that job.

25. OP_M

OP_M New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    :D Well, you're right there.Our team surely got the class not to go down, but not much more to be honest.

Btw, what do you think about Zeman?