Official 2005/06 1. FC Nürnberg thread [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Cruiseman, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    They were at 8th at halftime :) - thankfully that changed.

But i couldn't agree more, Meyer is my new favourite BL coach.

2. dekorman

dekorman New Member

May 10, 2006
    Nürnberg have just signed two good players for peanuts. Australian internationals Michael Beauchamp and Dean Heffernan, reportedly for $250,000 for both. This is a real coup for Nürnberg. Beauchamp is an exceptional central defender and is going to the world cup. he was reported wanted by Everton but signed for Nürnberg instead. Heffernan is a fast left back who scored 8 goals this season in the Australian A league. Hopefully you will be able to watch Beauchamp at the world cup. I rate Beauchamp, better than Craig Moore who plays for Newcastle United in the Premier league. Nürnberg have made two very astute signings and should be congratulated.

3. OP_M

OP_M New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    do you have a source for that? we know they were on trial here, but no news about the done deal yet. i'd like to see them here. :)

btw, joshua kennedy was called in the WC-Squad for socceroos by guus hiddink, means we've got 4 players at the world cup so far. 5 if we really signed beauchamp.:)

4. dekorman

dekorman New Member

May 10, 2006
    From what i understand, here in australia, from press reports, it is a done deal, and i hope it is. Beauchamp has class, real class. He is a big strong guy, well balanced, good in the air, good with his head, and with the ball at his feet. The only problem will be, whether Nürnberg can hold onto him.

5. OP_M

OP_M New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    yup, you're right, deals officialy done, check fcn,de :)

6. dekorman

dekorman New Member

May 10, 2006
    It was a good move, for very little money. Now it's necessary, to make the website in english too.

7. dekorman

dekorman New Member

May 10, 2006
    Tell me something? How did Herbert Fandel ever get to ref. a UEFA cup final.
    This guy would have to be one of the worst ref's anywhere. a Total loser

8. dekorman

dekorman New Member

May 10, 2006
    Tell me something. How did Herbert fandell ever get to ref. a UEFA cup final. Thsi guy is a cretin

9. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good luck with that. We "begged" BVB for almost four years before we finally got one. And when the money went, we almost lost the page, but four of us stepped up to do the translations.

As f#cking cheap as Michael A. Roth is, you'll have to offer to do the page yourself free of charge to get that tightwad to do it....

10. dekorman

dekorman New Member

May 10, 2006
    Herbert Fandel...whAT A CRETIN

11. OP_M

OP_M New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    next signing seems to be marco engelhardt from fck:

free transfer, former national team player, i think in a good working team he can show his strengths. (especially with a "teacher" hans meyer.)

12. OP_M

OP_M New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    okay, 2 signings perfect.

marco engelhardt from kaiserslautern

and czech international tomas galasek from ajax amsterdam! :)

13. OP_M

OP_M New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    we seem to be close signing angelos charisteas from ajax as vittek replacement :)( )

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

How much are FCN looking at getting for Vittek? Is this a deal sending him to HSV??

I liked Charisteas when he was with Bremen. Hope he does wind up with FCN........

15. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    1. FCN are loooking for 15 mio euros I think. :eek:

They rejected a 5 mio euro deal from Hamburg, plus I think 7-8 mio euro deals to Lok Moscow.

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are they on crack??

Do they really think they'll get that much for a guy who as far as we know at this moment is a one-year wonder??

Dumb, dumb, dumb. Especially when you have the other possible "one year wonder" returning......

17. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I can understand why they reject the Hamburg bid (5 mio, in the same league). But the Lok Moscow bid is interesting, I would have taken it.

Makes the Frei deal look like gold doesn't it? :D

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, I think the chances of Vittek having another hot streak like that are slim to none. FCN should cash in on him. They've still got Mintal and Saenko!

Or maybe they realize that Joshua Kennedy is crap and probably won't do squat for them.......

Hell yeah!! ;)

19. JohnN

JohnN New Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Minnesota, USA
    Today The Club is up in Bröndby to face Bröndby IF. Should be a good test on the road against the Danish side.

Also, the German Cup draw is tomorrow.

Does anyone know how Josh Kennedy is doing after surgury?

20. ohk4

ohk4 Member

Jun 22, 2003
    Kicker reported that the operation went well and Josh will miss the first half of the season.
    http://kicker.de/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/artikel/352443/

21. OP_M

OP_M New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    3:0 victory over brondby at brondby-stadium. :)

22. JohnN

JohnN New Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Minnesota, USA

Nice road win. Brondby had played last Thursday in a UEFA Cup game and have a Danish Cup game tomorrow, so I imagine The Club saw a lot of reserves, but still a nice win. I understand Vittek scored twice and Dominick Reinhardt got the third goal.

23. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR