Official 2004/5 Very Small Rocks League Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by Hal, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Welcome to the 2004/2005 EPL season and the Fantasy.premierleague.com game. This is a thread for those eight managers of teams in the Drafted League, Very Small Rocks.

Request each manager post his final pre-season roster after post-draft adjustments are made, and post any updated rosters based on trades during the season. This way, the other managers can review your latest roster post to avoid trying to select someone on your team.

The internal competitions will probably be discussed here along with some intra-league competitions with the sister drafted league, Small Rocks.

Check out their season thread for types of posts than are appropriate and useful in a season thread since all those managers are veterans.

Good luck to all the Very Small Rocks managers. For sure, the Top 2 Managers from this league will be offered a spot to replace the Bottom 2 performing managers in the Small Rocks division.

We may make a combined thread and the Top 8 returning Managers get the first shot at being in the Premier League next season. Or we may take the top 4 from each league. It's a function of how active the managers are and how well they perform.

Remember to play "Nice" with each other and clean up after yourself!

2. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hey, if any league is the sister, its very small rocks, comprende? :)

3. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    MT , don't get all arrogant and all of that. We all know I will be joining you next season in the Small Rocks. :D

4. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    --------Niemmi----------
    ---Dodd-----Ngotty------
    Duff--Zenden--Muzzet--Scholes--WrightPhillips-
    ---Henry--Cisse---Defoe

this will probbaly be my starting lineup
    and i dont know if most of the managers play much fantasy but i think it was too easy for me to pick the team i got
    I mean damien duff in the 13th round cmon now

post your thoughts
    thanks

5. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    You only got Henry because of wesley's power outage so his first turn was skipped, and I didn't step in to start making picks for him until round 2. That said, I still like the team you assembled.

6. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    wesley wouldve probably picked angel with his 1st pick lol
    but on a more serious not i was expecting to get ruud with the 4 pic but then the hernia thing came up and i was suprised he went first
    a bit of an orthodox pick

7. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    I told you all you were in for a shock. All of you thought I was going to pick Henry. Anyway what do you think of this strike force

Ruud van Nistelrooy
    Mateja Kezman
    Jon Stead

8. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    well ruud will be out a couple of games and he will have saha and smith playing alongside him,2 seasons ago when he was on fire and won the golden boot in the epl he had to do it all on his own meaning saf played mostly with a single striker now ruud will have to share some opportunities with smith and saha you know what i mean

kezman sure his psv record looks great--and hes looked good in the champions world series but why dont you go and check out his stats in psv champions league games and his record for his national team
    thats all i have to say about him
    also i think kezman will be playing mostly when robben is starting since they understand each other but he isnt guaranteed a regular starting spot and mutu is back at chelsea again plus he has that 3 game suspension

stead he might give you 10 goals

conclusion i got a much better striker force
    henry
    cisse the next henry
    and defoe the next big thing in england
    wayne who defoe is talent
    and the other young guy that should really step up to get called to the national team is wright phillips

9. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    I know you got a much better strike force. Your team is great. BUT how would you rate my strike force on a scale of 10?

10. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    let me take a look at everyone else then i will rank it

11. Darr

Darr Member

Apr 6, 2002
    St.Louis, MO

Damn right, I like you already tomvandamn... I expect great things for Cisse, he's a machine... Power/Speed/Finishing... He has it all... Was a friggin crime he wasn't at EURO...

12. Darr

Darr Member

Apr 6, 2002
    St.Louis, MO
    I'm in the other league, but I like my strike force of,

Cisse/Ruud/Kluivert

There's questions on all of them, is Cisse suited to the English style, which Ruud shows up -the one of last season or the one from 2 seasons ago, and will Kluivert sulk and complain that he's on the same fantasy team as Ruud or use his talents at NU... hehe

13. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ------Given
    J.Samuel--Neill-Hreidarrsson
    Tugay--Emerton--Campo---Robben
    -Alan Smith---Shearer---Beattie

My XI. At the time being.

14. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    Montrel United i looked at the other teams and out of the 8 3 teams have weaker striker than the other 5 but id ranke your team from 2-5 out of 8

cisse fan he wasnt at euro because he got a suspension in the under21 french team game so he was banned

and i think kluivert is a bad pick just my thought he used to be great but now in the epl. you never know

15. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    Ruud was not all that good last season BUT still got a good 20 goals in the PL. I would love to see him on FIRE. He might top his best of 44 a couple a seasons ago. I would NEVER EVER put Kluivert on my team.

16. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    I did not think you would rate my strike force so highly. I guess it is not that bad.

17. Darr

Darr Member

Apr 6, 2002
    St.Louis, MO
    I know he got a suspension, but wasn't it just 1 game, or a 2 game ban?... And Kluivert is def dropping in skills, but as shearer has shown older strikers can thrive in the EPL if given service... It will all come down to whether he works for a chance or acts like a fool like he did past few years at Barca...

18. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    Darr you have taken absolute gamble in drafting Kluivert. It might pay off though. ;)

19. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    All this talk about nobody has mentioned their strikers. What do you think of yours. Mine are:

C.Ronaldo
    D.Dunn
    J.Okocha
    Watson
    Hitselberger

I think I can get good points off of these guys even though C.Ronaldo & D.Dunn are not available.

20. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Here's my XI before I start changing things tomorrow

Sorensen, Friedel

Hyypia, A. Cole, Charlton, De Zeeuw, Popovic

Ljungberg, Mendieta, Kewell, Nolan, Mulryne

Kluviert, Forssell, Freedman

YES... Kluviert is a gamble, but since he didnt get off the bench at EURO 2004 he should be well rested for this year :)

I really like Montreal United's defense, Helghallen's strikers, but I have to say I really like my midfield :)

21. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As long as Kluivert thinks pass first you'll be ok..

22. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    When has Kluviert ever thought pass first??? :eek:

Seriously though he's still got game, and I think alongside Shearer he can shine. Could be my Barcelona bias, but I think he's got 15-20 goals left in his boot... worse case scenario Shearer does, and Kluviert is the one setting him up!!!!

Hopefully my gamble with Forssell will pay off... he's got a great upside, and along with Robben I'm hoping can be one of the steals of the draft.

Good strikers are still on the board, however, and as soon as Owen get hurt I am taking Baros and running to the bank :)

23. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kluivert's decline is because he became more passive. Playing w/ Lord Dennis for Holland he was the target..but w/ Rivaldo at Barca, he sometimes had to trade off because Rivaldo would look to score himself also.

24. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados

25. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    I like my strikers too. Hopefully skimping on the rest of my team won't hurt my point totals.