Official 2003-2004 NHL Regular Season Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey' started by SABuffalo786, Oct 6, 2003.

1. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    yeah congrats to mike richter, who lets not forget backstopped the US to its first world cup (nee canada cup) in '96

on another good note, the BLUES finally decided to hold a lead until the final horn

2. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope Roenick is ok. Took a puck to the jaw on a Boris Mironov slap shot as JR was down. Luckily I passed out through most of the game and missed the incident. But yeah, they said he shattered his jaw. Hope he's ok.

And Rangers lost to the Flyers, 2-1. After beating the Devils in a sound fashion last night, we get kicked back down to earth. And we meet again on Saturday! Then Ottawa on Monday! Oh I can barely wait to play .500+ teams! Oh hell, they suck against any team. I had my highlights of the season: destroying the Islanders in every matchup thus far and beating the Devils, AT the Meadowlands. So sad.

3. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    i don't know what the hell is wrong with the BLUES... but it freakin' ends tonight - as homer would say, 'marge, the foot has spoken!'

4. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    I agree, get well, JR. Always been one of my favorite players, and a great character. Totally ironic that his last full game before the injury was the All-Star game, where he was mic'd and talking alot. Then he gets it in the mush in his next game... :eek:

Almost made the Sharks bitch-slapping the Flyers 5-2 tonight feel dirty, but not quite. The Sharks were 100%, Philly was missing JR and K.Primeau. But Sean Burke was SJ's beeyotch when he was in Phoenix. And Donna Brashear is just pathetic, going after the little guys when the game's already locked up. Nothing new there.

[mumble]Doesn't matter what the Sharks do, anyway, though. They'll probably choke against the Avs, Wings or Starlets in the playoffs.[/mumble]

5. microbrew

microbrew New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    NJ
  6. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh. Stuff I already knew. Just fire him already.

Rangers beat the Islanders 6-2. Possible sweep next Thursday. Yeah, the Isles will make the playoffs and the Rangers probably will not, but hey, we could beat the Fish sticks SIX times in one season! I can't wait to see what Cairns tries to pull next Thursday. Rangers got a stranglehold on the Isles early, and Mark Messier got a stranglehold on Jason Blake late in the game. How's the neck Jason? Bitch.

7. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really pissed off at the refs in that one. They should have allowed a slugfest. Fighting is a momentum tool and the Isles weren't allowed to use it to their advantage because of "activist judges". Not saying that it would have changed the outcome because we played like ass

You sound as pathetic as we did about 5 years ago when we could barely manage 30 points but still owned the Rangers. Have fun in the offseason picking up another player who's ready for social security.

8. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh, and the Fish Stick will get knocked out in the first round yet again. But hey, at least you made it right?

As for the refs, yeah I thought they should've let it come down to a humongous slugfest. Still pissed that Dunham didn't come out and drop DiPietro. I didn't know DiPietro had so much spunk in him. Trying to challenge the Captain? Geez. I find it funny that Dunham was Snow's best man at his wedding, and his last NHL fight was against Snow. Just thought that was weird.

Well, the Devils are next. I think that the Rangers will pick up mome........nah nevermind. The rest of my season after next Thursday will be inconsqeuntial. Just give me one more thing to cheer about.

9. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Sharks and Team USA coach Ron Wilson coined a new term after last night's SJ 5:2 CHI game on ESPN..."VandenBussche-league," because the Hawks' wuss "enforcer" gave Todd Harvey a blindside elbow to the head after the final whistle. Then again, I thought we picked up Scott Parker to deal with clowns like that, and Parker was a healthy scratch.(?)

10. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beat a team that we've beaten the past 2 seasons, lose to a team that we've lost to the past.......way too many to count.

The Rangers didn't even resemble a team today. How the hell does Scotty Gomez run rampant at MSG? I mean Jesus Christ, the defensive coverage was just awful. I swear I wanna kill Tom Poti sometimes. Ahh well. I just hope that this 7-3 beating by the Devils just convinces Jimmy Dolan that Sather should not be a part of this organization. Of course, I thought this whole season was a clear reminder but what the hell do I know?

11. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Byron Dafoe and Olaf Kolzig were each other's best man in weddings, and they ended up having to fight in Dec. 1998 during a Bruins-Caps brouhaha. Dafoe had no choice but to intervene when Dale Hunter tried to make it a 2 on 1 on a Bruin, then Kolzig had no choice but to even it up. Both tried really hard to hold back laughter by the end of the "fight."

12. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Happy Hockey Day, Canadians!!!

13. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Ouch

Sharks are playing the Avs in Denver right now for second place in the Western Conference. Losing 2-0, with about eight minutes to go in the first, the Sharks just lost Marco Sturm for the year if not for his career.

Sturm was full-speed racing Adam Foote to the puck from the blue line all the way to the boards behind the Avs' goal. Somehow, they got tied up, and Marco hit the ice and his legs went full-speed into the boards, skates first. His left leg just collapsed on impact into the boards. He was grabbing his left knee, but his left foot was pointing in a direction it shouldn't have been. Absolutely horrific. Took about eight minutes to get him off the ice, and the trainers and players from both teams were hovering over him (it's never good when the other team's players look worried, too).

I wish Marco well.