Official 2003-2004 NHL Regular Season Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey' started by SABuffalo786, Oct 6, 2003.

1. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoooooooo! 4 in a row over the Fish Sticks! Not to mention 3 power play goals in the game. May not sound much, but for the Rangers, it's a friggin miracle. 2 more meetings left with the Isles. As long as Dunham is in net, it's all good.

Michael Peca also played like a little bitch last night. 2 elbows to the heads of Nedved and Poti, one of which was penalized. C'mon, Captain Crunch has to resort to those baby tactics? Ahh well, maybe now they can replace Potvin with Peca in the oh-so-famous chant.

Of course the real test comes tomorrow against the Devils. Lost 5-0 at the Meadowlands last time, not to mention their awful record against them since the playoff-less streak. Well, we'll see what happens.

2. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Habs are kicking it! Something like 7-1-1 in their last 9. With Ribeiro picking up another 2 points tonight and finally being the player the fans always thought he was going to be. Dagenais, called up 20 or so games ago, has 9 goals so far.

3. Papa Bouba Diop

Papa Bouba Diop New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    McGill ghetto
    Speaking of Ribeiro, he was in a bunch of my classes in sec. 4 (grade 10).

4. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After tonight... ditto. :mad:

5. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    :mad::mad:

Can someone tell me what's so f***ing hard about scoring one goal?!?!?!

At home to boot!!!!!!

You know what, if we don't make a MAJOR move by the trade deadline involving either that disgustingly streaky Slovak Satan or one of our goalies who isn't named Ryan Miller, then..................I give up.

Golisano should've cleaned house right when he got here. Yeah, Ruff is a great playoff coach, but that doesn't mean anything IF YOU DON'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

Goddamnit!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rangers tied with the Devils last night, 3-3. Rangers had their chances to win the game. Jan Hlavac got a feed across the slot from Anson Carter and he missed the open net. Replays showed that he might've even tried to pass it back to Carter. I was all in favor of getting Hlavac back during the offseason since he has done well with the Rangers, but he is not playing well even though he set up Carter's goal. Anson Carter played a strong game though, which has been rare so far this season. I expected Lindros to be a force like he has the past week, but nope. But Messier fed Barnaby for a goal in the closing minutes, so I guess getting a point was good. But DAMN do I wanna beat these guys. Oh, Brodeur was outstanding as usual.

7. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a good night for me...

The Devils edge out the Caps in OT tonight to keep pace with those Flyers...

And the local team, those "no-name" San Jose Sharks, showed why they're leading the Pacific Division by beating the Avs in Denver. The Avs were without Forsberg, but are the still the deepest, most star-studded team in the league. Meanwhile the Sharks were without Patrick Marleau, Marco Sturm, and Evgeni Nabokov, but still were just able to muster enough to beat Colorado. :D

8. JMU Soccer!

JMU Soccer! New Member

Jul 19, 1999
    yayy, Caps won...hurrah.

9. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Did anyone see the Rangers - Bruins game? I get home to find out it was quite the chiipy contest, with the Bs dishing out most of the questionable stuff. Any reports are appreciated.

10. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

NHL.com puts highlight reels up

11. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another good afternoon for me...

And another game, another Western Conference Division leader defeated... the Detroit Red Wings. :D

Nabokov was back and he was brilliant. Again it was two "no-name" grinders - Niko Dimitrakos and Todd Harvey - who got the goals for the Sharks.

12. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Re: Another good afternoon for me...

Great little run (6-1-1-1) the Sharks are on. Consecutive wins over Vancouver, Colorado and the Red Wings. Probably the most impressive regular season three-game stretch in team history. Those of you familiar with the Sharks know that they usually find spectacular ways to lose to Detroit and Colorado (like earlier this season, when the Sharks blew leads in the 60th minute and eventually lost to both DET and COL in OT).

One way to beat Detroit is to limit their power plays. The Sharks only gave them ONE last night, and only took two 2-minute minors overall. That's playing with the discipline you need to win, which is a pretty new concept for the Sharkies.

13. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    early playoff prediction: the islanders are going to knock off an east favorite in the first round

15. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, the Rangers aren't going to make the playoffs again. Yeah, I'm sure a lot of you probably already predicted that, but I'm joining in on it. They can beat the Islanders 4 times in a row, but can't do squat against anyone else. Plus the injuries are mounting with Kasparaitis gone for the next 10-12 weeks, I just don't think the team can play consistently enough to make a decent run. Oh, and why on God's green earth did Mike Dunham start last night? After getting shelled 5-2 in Boston, he starts last night to give up 4 more. They've fired Layden and fired Chaney. I now want the Garden to fire Sather. Of course Dolan has no friggin clue to what he's doing so I'm gonna assume that's never gonna happen. Oh what's that Jimmy? You're a F*ing moron? YEAH you are.

Sorry, I'm bitter.

16. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    yeah,it's really frustrating to see both Isles and Devils above us again while the Rangers have more fans than those two can put together :(

17. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now the Rangers are going after Jaromir Jagr. At last, they will have their dream of the entire 1994 all star team.

They are pathetic.

18. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Official 2003-2004 NHL Regular Season Thread [R]

Post had an article today saying Sather was looking for two defenseman. No mention of Jagr.

19. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Official 2003-2004 NHL Regular Season Thread [R]

Yeah. Now ESPN says the talks are heating up also. I think this is the stupidest move possible. Rangers get Jagr. Then what? How does that solve the fact that two of our best blueliners are out for a long period of time? How does that solve the fact that Mike Dunham sucks (except against the Isles)? Glen Sather is an absolute moron. The move didn't work with Bure two years ago, and it didn't work with Kovalev last year.

21. Ellison

Ellison Member

Jan 11, 2000
    New Jersey
  22. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What former superstar are the Rangers going to ruin next year. I see Brett Hull is in a bit of a slump, what about him.

Oh, how I glow in your misery!

23. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    Well, looking at it, it's not a bad trade. All they gave up was Anson Carter (who is a good player, but hasn't done crap since putting on a Rangers jersey), and the Caps are picking up a BIG chunk of Jagr's salary for the rest of his contract (almost half). Looks like they picked up Jamie Pushor from Columbus for an 8th round draft pick. That doesn't thrill me, but what they hell, it's a warm body on defense.

24. Labdarugo

Labdarugo Member

Dec 3, 2000
    Downwind
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a bunch of idiots! Why did they go and sign Jaromir Jagr when they could have gotten Gordie Howe? They're losing it, I tell ya.

25. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    well they can still sell tickets until the regular season ends... :D