Official 2003-2004 NHL Regular Season Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey' started by SABuffalo786, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    well,the Mess 42 years of age scored his tenth goal of the season at the 3-3 Rangers tie @ Florida

2. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    Rochester? You mean the NBA should do this too?

3. microbrew

microbrew New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    NJ
    Congrats Scott Stevens, you've played in more games than any other defenseman.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1672308 "He wore a different jersey in each period against the Ducks. One will go to the Hockey Hall of Fame, one he will keep and the other will be auctioned off for charity."

Oh, and the Devils keep on rolling along.

4. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    WOW!!!!!

What a comeback by the Swords!!!

Well, they could still blow it, but hey, coming back from three down is pretty damn good.

5. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    BLUES stage third period rally from 2-0 down in tampa for a 2-2 tie with the 'ning which now makes them 8-2-1 when their opponent scores first

yeah and i have taylor pyatt on my fantasy team! GWG?

6. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

Yup!

Taylor got the one (see what happens when you go to net, big guy?!?)

Briere got 2, one of which was a PPG, real laser of a shot.

And Brown got the first one.

7. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    BLUES keep chugging along, 2nd best winning pct. in the NHL - i will say that late collapse that allowed detroit to gain a tie at the kiel the other night sucked

8. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was watching that (as a Wings fan) and that's got to be one the strangest games I've seen in a while. The Wings looked totally out of it down 0-3 to start the 3rd, scored a goal, and then (I think) Stevie's pass got deflected in through Osgood's 5-hole off a defender's stick--a classic own goal. And then (this is the strange part) the Blues answered with 2 HUGE hits behind Hasek's net that led directly to a goal seconds later that put them up 4-2. I was sitting there thinking "*#*#*#*# this game is over." You could not have asked for a more decisive rally killer; I mean even I had to shake my head in admiration. But the Blues' defensive intensity just slipped away after that. The Wings got another Blues own goal and then Hull tied it up.

9. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

no NHL team put so many in their own net, it's exasperating

10. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  11. JMU Soccer!

JMU Soccer! New Member

Jul 19, 1999
    Caps fire Cassity and then Hanlon wins in his debut. One can only hope it continues.

12. microbrew

microbrew New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    NJ
  13. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, now the Flyers have lost two straight at home. That a way to tick me off!! They better not go on some crazy losing streak!!

14. JMU Soccer!

JMU Soccer! New Member

Jul 19, 1999
    Caps lose big against Detroit and then win big in Atlanta. Call me crazy, but I wouldn't mind seeing Robert Lang traded for two Polished Veteran defensive-minded defensemen. If that can be worked out.

15. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Trade rumors involving Satan and NYI's Roman Hamrlik circulating...

16. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    BLUES keep on rolling along... best winning pct. in the NHL

of course, we've seen this before...

17. rtiemens

rtiemens Member

Aug 16, 1999
    Virginia
    Question on Washington Capitals - did they change their uniform design/colors again? They used to have a swooping eagle on the front of their shirts, and now I notice in the paper they have an ultra-boring "crossed sticks over capital dome" design. Whoa - I'll bet that makes the Caps NHL wear fly off the shelves . . .

18. dcgoonies

dcgoonies New Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Maryland
    Home and away

Just two different jerseys. White (now the road jersey) has the eagle and black has the Capitol building.
    I think their having close to the worst record in the NHL keeps a lot of gear on the shelves also.

19. WLU_Mike

WLU_Mike New Member

Aug 22, 2003
    Ontario
    Philadelphia at St. Louis tonight. This should be a good one...4th in the West taking on 2nd in the East.

Can you get the NHL Network http://www.tsn.ca/nhl_network/ in the U.S.?

20. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New Jersey 3 times, Philly and Toronto all in the same month. Might as well just give us the cup right now (and this time don't forget the "s" in Islanders)

21. microbrew

microbrew New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    NJ
    That only gets you and the Islanders the Eastern Conference trophy (though the only team with the guts to pick it up are the Devils).

You can then be the patsies for Detriot or whatever Western conference team.

22. WLU_Mike

WLU_Mike New Member

Aug 22, 2003
    Ontario
    Ouch...that game was an eyesore...7-2 for Philly and five of those were power play goals. Very untypical of St. Louis.

23. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    BLUES in a funk right now - busted out 7 on chicago monday, but the whole team is off right now - lost jackman for the year which can only hurt come playoff time - another thing's been buggin'; i knew we should have resigned rucinsky - i swear! if the injury bug could just leave us alone for a month even it could make a big difference - as it is, i just don't see the BLUES raising a cup this spring - i know they have the ingredients to win it if everything goes right... which of course we needn't bother considering - funny, before christmas the BLUES and devils looked like the best two teams... and now both have dropped to 5th in conference! they do however hold a few games in hand against most of the teams ahead of them - both need to get it together and should have it cranking well before april - the devils are largely healthy, but are losing badly almost every night

24. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goddamnmuthafukinstupidassfukin Rangers!