Official 2003-2004 NHL Regular Season Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey' started by SABuffalo786, Oct 6, 2003.

1. KevTheGooner

KevTheGooner Help that poor man!

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    Watching Stevie Y. limp around the ice last year: too much.

Watching Stevie Y. score the game winner at the buzzer at the season opener? PRICELESS!

For the Wings (since no one else has chimed in), what can you say? We've got an owner that dumps gobs of cash into the club (while his other pro team, the Tigers, rots away). Surely, the Return of Dom is the big story (sorry SABuffalo), but letting Robataille and Federov go and picking up Whitney and (michigan's own) Hatcher are what cement this team as Western Conference Finalists this year. Well, OK, if Stevie goes down again then we're in trouble, but that's been the way of the WIngs for the last eight years. Even with all the high profile players, without our C, we're just a bunch of high profile players.

Anyways, GAME ON!

2. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Boy the Islanders were embarassed last night.

The future on Long Island has to be now, as Garth Snow proved to be terrible. At least DiPietro didn't allow a goal.

At least we have the Ice Girls ;)

3. Freestyle2000

Freestyle2000 Moderator

Feb 6, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    5-nil to the Avalanche!

But seriously, we can't allow teams as many shots on DA as we did tonight. He might turn out to be a solid keeper, but the Chicago Blackhawks (the best AHL team in the NHL) got off nearly 30 shots, I think. Too much.

RS

4. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    the Rangers lost 3-5 at Minnesota after leading 3-1
    if they won't be at the playoffs this season the fans should take over

5. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm down for that.

Well that was a damn dissapointing loss to Minnesota. Sather said that he guarantees the team will be ready for each and every game. Well tonight they were just awful. After going up 3-1, they just fell apart. After they went ahead, it became quite possibly some of the worst hockey I've ever seen in my life. Turnovers killed them. 0-8 on the power play killed them. I know it's just the first game of the season, but god damn I am getting tired of this crap.

6. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    rangers lose again...this time 5-0 to the columbus bluejackets.

so two games against the most recent expansion teams...and two loses. rangers fans must be proud.

7. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nice job flyers. way to blow a 3-0 lead *#*#*#*#*#*#*#s.

8. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Quit yer bitching hang.

Nothing tops the suck that is the Sabres.

:(

9. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Man eff off! I went to school 90 minutes from Buffalo during the Barnaby era. Me and my girlfriend broke up in college over the sabers after a called her a stupid fukckcin bitch in 98 when the flyers pissed it away. she was a sabres fan. she is a slut and so are you.

10. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    :confused:

Um, calm down?

11. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    same old crap :(

12. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have tickets to the home opener on Thursday night. If I want to go, I'd have to drive down after class from Providence back home to New York. Since I have class Friday, I'd have to drive straight back up after the game. However, after these two dreadful games in which they haven't resembled a team, I'm debating whether or not I should go. Saves me time and a helluva lot of driving. This might question my fanhood, but I'm getting sick of this real fast. Oh and we're only two games in.

13. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    i know our generation should be grateful for 1994 but how long we should wait to get a competitive team while a mickey mouse organization like the devils is head and shoulder above us :(

14. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

that organization is faaaaaar away from the days when wayne called them that

15. patrickm

patrickm New Member

May 3, 2003
    usa
    rangers are a true joke

16. patrickm

patrickm New Member

May 3, 2003
    usa
    and in 94 when they won the nhl was considered "cool." now it is not. they added too many teams. the quality of play is poor.if nhl hockey was like the olympics in 2002 i would watch. but it aint. the nhl sucks

17. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    When Richter retired, that was a great loss for the Rangers.

18. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

i would call you a clown... but i do not wish to insult clowns like that

19. JMU Soccer!

JMU Soccer! New Member

Jul 19, 1999
    I think the Rangers would be more in line with being Mickey Mouse these days, ranking even higher on the Mickey Mouse scale then the Capitals.

Anyways, Caps lost by 1 last night, though it sounds like they outplayed Atlanta.

20. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm......I guess you could say that. It was a huge loss considering he's one of my all-time favorite Rangers. But to be honest, even before he had successive season ending injuries, he was just a decent goaltender the last 4 years. The only time he reminded me of the Richter of old was during the Olympics in 2002. But I love him either way.

21. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Avs-Blues just finished. A bit of a disappointing loss by Colorado, who carried the majority of the play by quite a wide proverbial margin. Osgood played his ass off, stopping quite a few great scoring chances. A lot of just missed connections with the Sakic - Kariya - Selanne line, but that's to be expected for a bit. Once they get used to being on one line together, look out. Al MacInnis took a couple of questionable penalties, three total, which was a bit surprising. And, at least the first, new Hockey Falls commercial kicks ass once again.

22. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

yep - sweet win for the blues in colorado considering we are missing drake, mellanby and boguenicki (i never spell that right) - tkachuk with a pair

23. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Got tickets for the Dallas game today at 4!!! Cheap $15 ones. (Thanks Mr. Golisano! :D)

Hopefully this won't be a repeat of the last two games. :(

24. JMU Soccer!

JMU Soccer! New Member

Jul 19, 1999
    Bet you enjoyed the game SABuffalo.

Caps tied last night, apparently Olie Kolzig won the point by himself.

25. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    'jackets come back last night and beat vancouver 3-2...

now if they could just play this well away from home!