Official 1. FC Kaiserslautern Thread II[R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by Dead Fingers, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Baumeister

Baumeister Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Thank you for the comprehensive highlights package. I was surprised to see the ref point to the penalty spot, for Aaalen, after all the appeals and fouls that he had previously waved away.

2. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    well the race is still tight, but there are 3 front runners atm. #1FCK, Redbull Leipzig & SV Darmstadt (which is pretty amazing). All are separated by GD. This has been a very entertaining season.

3. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    These Kaiserslautern counter-attackes against Karlsruhrer at the moment ....(seriously slicing them apart)[​IMG]

4. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    now that the long & crazy International Break is over, #1FCK travels to Heidenheim. Die Roten Teufel are sitting pretty atm in 2nd. Let's hope the good times continue to roll.

5. Mailman44

Mailman44 Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lithia
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody still alive on here?
    Quick question for 1.FCK fans: I am going to be in Kaiserlautern from 26-31 January. Anybody know if there will be any friendlies during this time or if you can get a tour of the Betzenberg?

Thanks

cortisoljunkie repped this.
  6. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali

I would advise you to contact the club directly. I am sure you can go there, as the club's store is open daily. If not, goto a pub & enjoy the scene. Here is the link to the Club's Webpage. Enjoy!!!

Mailman44 repped this.
  7. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 24th is the fanfest game against Gladbach. No friendlies at that time, here is the winter schedule, but they usually schedule a couple late.

Mailman44 repped this.
  8. Mailman44

Mailman44 Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lithia
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope they have a game around the 29rh or 30th, I'll contact the club and see if I can at least get a tour of the "Betz Mountain" ....

Robdog repped this.
  9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    My midterm winter report for this season. Kaiserslautern are currently sitting in 5th place with 32 points, but only 1 point off the others in 2nd-4th. So right in the thick of things and definitely within striking distance of the top spots. Betze is a fortress, tied right now for best home winning record.

Forwards:

The team is really missing the consistent dual production of Zoller and Idrissou up top. Lakic is steady but what's needed is another striking partner that can provide a complimentary scoring threat. This was especially evident in the stretch of 5 consecutive draws in middle of the Hinrunde.

Big Phil Hofmann has to get his act together. Appears to be a mental block that's affecting his form. Hof gets in good positioning in the box but freezes up in the final touch. I believe he can be a boost if he figures it out in the second half. In the previous 2 campaigns he's shown to be good for around 10 goals a season. This year he turns 22, an age where you expect gradual improvement. Hopefully he's able to apply his strength, physicality and collect more composure on finishing. Jacob's another option and has been decent in his cameo appearances. Still yet to see what Mugosa can bring.

Midfielders:

Injury to Alex Ring is a big loss. Was one of the team's best performers, began the season on a roll. At the moment, there's no timeline on his return. Stöger brings speed and energy but want to see him more efficient on the output. Demirbay has been a stable presence. Younes has shown flashes of skill, but his consistency is lacking at times. Still think he can be a key player down the stretch.

Couple new additions this winter. Mateusz Klich is a shrewd signing. He was a standout player on loan in the Eredivisie with PEC Zwolle helping them win the Dutch Cup along the way. Erik Thommy is a skilled technical player. Adds depth to the wings, also quite effective on set pieces.

Defenders:

The backline has been a big strong point throughout the first half. Central partnership of Heintz and Orban is really solidifying nicely. Both equally tough on tackles and winning duels. Zimmer and Löwe as the fullbacks have been steady. Good movement going forward, also adds elements of width on the attack.

Goalkeepers:

Sippel has been very reliable. 18 games, only 16 goals conceded, with 8 shutouts.

Robdog repped this.
  10. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Maybe you could attend a practice. I believe they are open to the public

11. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot to mention that you must stop by the Fritz Walter museum downtown.

Robdog repped this.
  12. Mailman44

Mailman44 Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lithia
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll have to track down that museum. Went to the Fritz -Walter Stadion today, quite impressive stadium that sits majestically on the top of the "mountain". Where do people park though and why do so many pretty women work in the club shop? Some real hammers in there.

Robdog repped this.
  13. Mailman44

Mailman44 Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lithia
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting to see 1.FCK was in for Bobby Shou Wood, would much rather see him there than at Erzebirge Aue, although if he gets more minutes at EA he could get back in 1.FCK's radar when he is out of contract in the summer.

14. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    #689 Robdog, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    Big win today by Die Roten Teufel on the road vs. Eintracht Braunschweig - here are the goals

with the win #1FCK are now in 2nd position on the table - Great start to 2015

Zak1FCK, Epitome990 and Mailman44 repped this.
  15. Mailman44

Mailman44 Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lithia
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like only Inglostadt and 1.FCk were the only promotion chasers to take care of business to start off the Rückrunde, See that Lakic has been shipped off to Paderborn? Why was that? Seemed to be laying well for die röten Teufel von Betzbergen.

16. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I heard that he wanted to leave, but I know the fans didn't want him to go. Especially with the lack of production by Hoffman, but Hoffman made plenty of people shut up...including me yesterday ;)

Mailman44 repped this.
  17. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The team plays much better without Lakic. Lakic may have scored some goals, but there needed to be a bit more from him. I think Hoffman and Zoller can make up for it.

Mailman44 repped this.
  18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #693 Epitome990, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    Hofmann and Zoller's style of play compliment each other. Hof provides the strength on duels and physical presence in the box. While Zoller is more technical and has good work rate to create more attacking chances overall. Alex Ring also picked up where he left off before his injury and scored a nice goal. I see him being another vital cog as the team moves forward.

Zak1FCK repped this.
  19. Mailman44

Mailman44 Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lithia
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I hope you guys get promoted now that my beloved Sechzig are odds on to be relegated. One of us has to be in the Bundesliga....

Robdog repped this.
  20. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    see it didn't go good for Green w/ HSV. Should have became a Roten Teufel. A club w/ Bigger Ambitions than HSV. They only want to go down while Die Roten Teufel want to return to their rightful place.....Die Bundesliga ;)

21. Mailman44

Mailman44 Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lithia
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if you lot are on the piss or what but you are playing great, yet on here crickets ....

22. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Well you are the first to respond to my last post, which was a month ago. I am following the club but there doesn't seem to be a dialogue here. Still I will await for. #1FCK return to the their rightful place. ...Die 1.Bundesliga

23. Mailman44

Mailman44 Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lithia
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well we want to hear what is going on with your club! Playing well and on the cusp of promotion, yet your thread is in hibernation. Meanwhile we in 1860 can't shut up and out season is leading to relegation?

24. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    I've been keeping tabs on 1860 and showing up recently because of @LoewenBoy 's pic... :whistling:

25. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    TBH I have to follow the exploits of SV Darmstadt 98, because my In-laws are from that region in Hessen. Also they ask me about how Die Lilien & if they will do better than Die Roten Teufel. I always discount what they are doing, but so far they are ahead in the table over #1FCK :(