The "Let's All Laugh at aust!n" Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by jack sticker, Jan 14, 2019.

1. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I've stated before, Bill, the mods don't patrol each individual thread like an overweight mall cop on a rented segway. I for one have a job that doesn't allow me to drop in on these boards and post a dissertation whenever I feel like it. (And this is what I get for peeking in on these threads while I had a quick few minutes for lunch; thanks for that, everybody involved).

So, Sir, this isn't about the mods being "idealogically blinkered." Sometimes stuff that shouldn't stand sticks around a bit before it gets edited. Don't read into something not yet getting moved or taken down.

To our Austin friends: here in Crewville, there is a political subforum for political discussion. We try to keep political name-calling out of soccer boards. Consider this a notice.

As for not banning our Austin friends: you could say that some (not all) of what some (not all) are doing is trolling. Not speaking for my other two esteemed colleagues, but I have chosen to not card or ban them (...yet; provided their behavior does not escalate). This is the A$$town F U and Fatface McEnema nozzle Hate Thread after all, and the Broccoli FU fans just add fuel to the fire. Some of us have been banned from the Austin boards for things as dreadful as asking honest questions or stating, you know, facts. I've chosen--so far--not to be an @sshole about things.

Cheers, and carry on...

2. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OOOhhhhh.... I like "FatFace McEnema". A case of KyleBrew for you sir.

TKyle, Bill Archer and stanger repped this.
  3. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    I agree with TKyle. I'm also banned from the BS Austin forum, such as it is. But don't see a need to ban posters here unless they are pretty objectionable. My advice to all is to skip past something if it raises your blood pressure.

hardhead and TKyle repped this.
  4. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or just put them on block. Then you only see it when people quote them.

5. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just curious about the last time anyone saw Tony Aces in Austin. I realize we're in the middle of a global pandemic, but the guy allegedly bought a couple-million dollar condo there, and is in love with the city, and so I figure someone has to have seen the Big Man at Franklin BBQ or the Chili Parlor or some taco truck. Right?

Dude is committed to Austin, isn't he?

6. AustinSoccerBro

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2018
    Didn’t we do this a few pages ago?

7. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3807 LaMacchia, Sep 2, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    I dunno, did we?

Y'all claim Precourt is the Second Coming and I'm just saying I've shook the man's and and looked into his eyes. I drank the kool-aid, and it bit me in the ass.

I'm also saying, and I think a lot of us are, that I don't want you guy to get hoodwinked. So, I'll ask again, as a guy who was 100% team Precourt, have y'all seen him lately?

8. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hesitate to intrude because you're dead on the money here but with your permission I would add this:

In January 2019, the MLS Fans Independent Supporters Council, which is made up of representatives from every MLS supporters; group, held their annual meeting in Seattle. They voted unanimously to change the name of the trophy given to the worst, bottom dwelling piece of shit team in the league from The Wooden Spoon to the Anthony Precourt Wooden Spoon.

No one from the Crew even attended (not sure why exactly) but every other team in the league was represented.

[​IMG]

It isn't just Crew fans who think the guy is a contemptible swine. Everyone in the league, everyone connected with the league, every serious follower of the league, knows exactly the shit he pulled in Columbus and hates his guts.

But down in Austin, they are in denial.

9. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I typed it as FatFace McEnema nozzle instead of FatFace McEnemanozzle LOL; (I thought it would look more clear.

If I were forced to choose, I’d rather be a douchnozzle than an enemanozzle, hence the lower-grade insult. But to each his own.

10. AustinSoccerBro

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2018
    Nope. And it doesn’t matter. As I said a few pages ago, MLS is going to succeed in Austin because the league was right about the potential of the market not because Precourt is any kind of genius. Haven’t seen anyone seriously claim that he’s the second coming of anything other than a guy who is going to make a lot of cash helping the league achieve its goal for Austin.

I’m not drinking the Kool Aid of any professional sports owner. They’re all out to make a buck. I guess the good thing for us is that this one is generally boring and quiet rather than being Jerry Jones or Daniel Snyder.

El Pelón repped this.
  11. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oooooh I can speak to this.

12. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will agree with you - much to the chagrin of my fellow Crew fans: if MLS succeeds in Austin it will be in spite of Anthony Precourt and not because of him.

I really, honestly, wish you all the best. I just hope that J. Anthony Precourt sells his franchise one year too soon and misses out on the ginormous payday that could have made him the billionaire he so desperately wants to be.

Unsolicited opinion about Anthony Precourt: He's insanely jealous of Merritt Paulson because Merritt has actual "f*ck you" money. Precourt only has "Do you know who I am" money.

13. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No you don't. :)

14. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More specifically: He has just enough money to ask "Do you know who I am?" And little enough that the answer is usually "no."

15. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not only does it give me delight that the fans of this league named this “award” after TwoChins, but also that the first three “winners” were the Galaxatives and the F!re—twice!

DGA57v2 repped this.
  16. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do love that this trophy is made of mis-matching construction grade lumber

17. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could you use a better term to describe P&*%&'s last year in charge?? I think not.

18. DGA57v2

DGA57v2 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Apr 1, 2019
    I'm just worried that this trophy is supposed to last around 15 years based on the plaque space but we all know that anything with Precourt's name on it will fall apart in 5 or 6.

19. shoplifter

shoplifter Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What do you think duct tape is for?

20. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Prom Dresses? (they do this up in Avon, where the HQ is located for Duck Tape)

21. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The five basic forces in the universe: gravity, electromagnetism, the strong nuclear force, the weak nuclear force, and duct tape.

DGA57v2 and kgilbert78 repped this.
  22. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...and Murphy.

23. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A few years ago, work sent my entire office to an hour long lecture by an orthopedic surgeon. He told us that the techniques and terminology were more sophisticated, but at its heart they really only know how to do two things: release and fixation. In other words, a screwdriver and duct tape. His presentation was very approachable.

24. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Austin will start out next season on the road. I saw an Austin Business First interview with Loughnane where he said their first game in the new stadium wouldn't be until April or May.

Wasn't the league reportedly going to fine FCC if their stadium wasn't ready by March '21? I never really understood that, since they have a decent place to play in Nippert while their new stadium is being built.

25. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Plus it makes sense for the Northern teams to start on the road vs good weather or indoor teams.