The "Let's All Laugh at aust!n" Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by jack sticker, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus Christ with a side of toast, you guys really are the limit. WTF is in the water down there that makes you arrogant, deaf and stupid all at the same time? The army needs to weaponize that shit.

Our message to you could not be any clearer if we tattooed it on your mom's saggy ass: the people in charge down there are lying liars who lie in between bouts of clueless incompetence.

Maybe they've sold a lot of tickets, maybe they haven't ( and it would be wildly unusual for a brand new team in a brand new market not to sell the place out; its never happened, anywhere. Its entirely expected, not some gigantic validation of your craptastic little town or your obviously second rate stadium. Everybody does it.)

What we've been saying all along is that you ought to get your heads out of your asses once in a while. But since you all seem to love them where they are, forget we said anything.

Idiot.

WhiteHartShame, YITBOS and GoCrew1996 repped this.
  2. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please tell me BA isn't getting soft because he brings out MomSmack instead of telling hipster fratbros to check out websites involving latex, bondage, bukkake and nuns.

Rivalry XI would have torn a new hole into these chumps. Topper, Segroves, Archer..wasn't ElJefe part of that group?

3. LaVerdad

LaVerdad New Member

Austin FC
    United States
    Oct 27, 2019
    Austin
    I just logged into Seatgeek and there are just over 500 seats left in general seating so it will likely be sold out by early next week at the latest.

But you're right, the front office is probably blocking off seats in seatgeek to... keep people from buying them....?

4. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is pretty standard in sports to release seats on a rolling basis. And, most pro teams now keep back a certain allotment for same day sales. I know the Flyers learned about that when they had every game sold out with FST's back in the day (mid-1970s). Eventually those left and were not replaced as quickly as so many non season ticket holders had never gotten the chance to attend, except through the then illegal scalping, and so never considered season tickets.

5. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    Artificially creates scarcity in supply which drives up/maintains price. Pretty standard marketing trick every ticket seller has been doing in professional sports (and other events) for years. Welcome to sports econ 101.

6. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, exactly that. To both artificially created scarcity - as my esteemed colleagues have noted - or just to ensure that there are tickets available for walk-up sales. No one in Major League Soccer ever sells 100% of their inventory to season tickets.

7. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You really know nothing, do you?

catfish9 and LaMacchia repped this.
  8. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But it also keeps stuff available for groups. If someone calls in and wants 50 tickets in a certain price tier, it can easily be done. If everything was made available all at once, there'd be a lot of random single seats available.

9. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus, if Austin were within 500 seats of selling 20K season tickets, Andy Loughnane would have his shirt entirely unbuttoned and be on every sportstalk radio show he could snake himself into.

As I've said before, I assume they'll sell a lot of tickets for 2021. But it's an understatement to point out that SeatGeek (or TicketMaster) isn't exactly a primary source when it comes to this stuff.

redi44crew, Pauncho, stanger and 2 others repped this.
  10. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As we have found out in previous years.

Minnman repped this.
  11. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to mention employed by a much larger, more prestigious organization.

crewfan_in_columbus repped this.
  12. AustinSoccerBro

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2018
    A few of your fellow Crew fans should be by soon with some overlong and tired insults from the 90s for this suggestion, just like they did when I suggested the same about the deposit numbers almost a year ago.

13. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a difference - albeit in the eye of the viewer - between artificially creating demand and straight up fabricating a sales number. One, importantly, is frowned upon and the other is simply confusing to those unfamiliar with the concept.

14. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have nothing more to add other then this post is -- awesome.

15. LaVerdad

LaVerdad New Member

Austin FC
    United States
    Oct 27, 2019
    Austin

I know a lot of y'all won't have a Twitter account, so let me know your MySpace name or hotmail address and I'll send it there.

16. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3566 LaMacchia, Aug 18, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    How about just go ahead and drop a link to a story on MLSsoccer dot com or any other news source that gives quotes, details, numbers, and other supporting materials. For all we know Andy Lambo just called up his lapdog and said "Hey yo, we sold out season tickets!" and Bils tweeted it. That's about as trustworthy as me tweeting (@chrislamacchia, if you're curious) that I've taken the world's largest shit.

Maybe, maybe not. But until someone comes over and looks in my crapper it's all hearsay.

Bill Archer repped this.
  17. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are a big dude Chris. I would totally believe the worlds biggest shit story.

18. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it’s very interesting that it says “all general seats that were designated for sale..” and not “all general seats”.

It’s even more interesting that the supporter’s section is NOT sold out.

Minnman, Kryptonite and LaMacchia repped this.
  19. Jorge831

Jorge831 Member

Austin FC
    United States
    Nov 30, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So if MLS puts out a release confirming that, you'll believe it? Sure.

20. Jorge831

Jorge831 Member

Austin FC
    United States
    Nov 30, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In a Zoom with McConaughey, we discussed rivalries. LAFC, the Texas teams, and Portland came up. Y'all didn't.

1295862081225396225 is not a valid tweet id

21. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So?

The idea that we hate your guts far more than you hate ours shouldn't be that hard to de-code.

Kryptonite and CybrSlydr repped this.
  22. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Good for you?

Tobias C, catfish9, Bill Archer and 2 others repped this.
  23. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3573 LaMacchia, Aug 18, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    As a matter of fact, I will. Don't forget: I'm the resident MLS fanboi apologist in these parts. I even already went to the Austin FC website (incognito window, natch - I don't want those cookies) to see if they had released a chest-thumping statement. Nothing there.

To paraphrase what's arguably your Minister of Culture's most famous line: You know what I like about lying sacks of shit? No matter how wise we all get, they never learn.

catfish9 repped this.
  24. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    upload_2020-8-18_22-23-2.png

25. AustinSoccerBro

Liverpool FC
    United States