The "Let's All Laugh at aust!n" Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by jack sticker, Jan 14, 2019.

1. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course not. And that’s “Mr. Dick” to you buddy!!

stanger repped this.
  2. AustinSoccerBro

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2018
    Right. Because they aren’t selling the corner seats yet. So they roll him in line behind the general deposits that were in front of him.

3. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then they are morons.

When they call Dick back and they find he spent his cash on beard oil and ass wipes they are out a STM.

I think you have no idea what you are talking about, but if they really are that stupid I can’t wait until you realize it.

Draghignazzo, Indy83 and catfish9 repped this.
  4. AustinSoccerBro

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2018
    I’m literally a STH who has gone through the process, but keep lobbing uninformed bombs over the Internet. That and the hot takes that expired two decades ago are what keeps me coming back.

5. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you really have no idea and have been blowing shit out of your ass.

Unless you put down a $100 deposit on seats you can’t afford?

6. AustinSoccerBro

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2018
    What?? I put down a $100 deposit and bought premium seats. Also have a $50 deposit down for seats in the supporters section which haven’t gone on sale. This isn’t all that complicated, but I also know you don’t really care about the facts as long as you get to call someone a stupid dumbass or one of three other insults you keep in rotation.

7. OzweegoSC

OzweegoSC Member

Dec 10, 2007
    CMH
    With your 2 deposits did you account for 16 of the record setting 30K demand for seats? I assume you aren't buying 16 seats. I persnally think your team will sell plenty of seats but we all know that initial demand number was all marketing.

Indy83 and Bill Archer repped this.
  8. AustinSoccerBro

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2018
    I put down for 7 and will buy 7.

OMG MATH!!!!!!

9. AustinSoccerBro

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2018
    I agree that my experience is probably nontypical. Austin is going to succeed because MLS was right about demand and bUSiNeSs mETrIcS, not because the ownership group is full of singular marketing geniuses.

10. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    All teams are successful because of SUM. If there is any local success with Precourt in charge, it will be in spite of, not because of him.

11. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit?

You don’t know what would happen in the original scenario because a) you are just a normal jerk and didn’t do what I described and b) don’t have any insight other than your experience which is probably a complete fabrication.

12. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More devils advocate... So you're buying 7 seats. How are you planning to fill them? Giving them away to friends. Friends paying for them. You have a large family and have significant wealth to afford both premium and supporter seats? Some are for business purposes and aren't really your personal seats? You plan to sit in all 7 seats simultaneously? 6 of those seats will be empty half of the time - but Tony Twochins is thankful for your contribution to his trust fund enhancement project?

Draghignazzo and the_rickler repped this.
  13. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    Part time hamster trainers have a lot of disposable income.

Draghignazzo, russ, redi44crew and 4 others repped this.
  14. CBusAlex

CBusAlex Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to disagree. I don't think anyone will really care what place they have in line. There'll still be plenty of seats left in any section by the time they get through all "40,000" deposits.

Draghignazzo, stanger and Minnman repped this.
  15. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, duh, haven't you watched any episode of a House Hunters type show?

16. AustinSoccerBro

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2018
    Four company tickets to entertain clients and three for the fam in supporters. It’s not that hard.

17. Salacious Bum

Salacious Bum Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I find it fascinating that you keep spending your obviously very important time on this board. Keep going, we’re all enraptured.

Indy83 repped this.
  18. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right but going around saying you got 7 Tix and further questions get asked. Here's my bet... an average of two of those 7 Tix will go unused each game.

19. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Honest question which you may or may not know the answer. When PSV or whatever they are calling themselves announced the 40K number, did you count for 7 or 56 deposits?

20. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That can happen anywhere though. We used to have 4 FSTs. It just got to be too much bother finding folks. It was always "what about next time?" But "next time" didn't always happen. Eventually Mrs KG put her foot down (not that I wasn't thinking the same thing).

21. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the point Keith. And we saw it this past yr. A lot of people bought extra tickets cuz they love the team and want to get others to love the team. But it's easier said than done to fill them every game. Especially those corporate/company seats. And as we know from our history, when there are a lot of "free" tickets floating around, people get use to not having to pay. So they don't ever just buy them for themselves. Eventually people like yourselves or well meaning companies start dropping those unused tickets. This process gets accelerated if the team doesn't win. If FCC doesn't get it figured it on the field, you will see it there. I don't doubt Austin will have pretty good crowds yr 1 and probably yr 2 but if they don't win, watch what happens.

Draghignazzo, Indy83 and soccerncbus repped this.
  22. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ken, actually....

catfish9 and don gagliardi repped this.