Off topic - London

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by OrlandoSPUR, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The guy they shot yesterday was brazilian and had nothing to do with the bombs, the police had him on the floor and shot him 5 times :(

2. OrlandoSPUR

OrlandoSPUR **** the Nomads

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    :(

3. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    appearently the guy didn't understand english and thought it was thugs who were chasing him, they didn't have to shoot him when they allready had him on the floor :(

4. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    wow and the police were saying he was a person of interest. Poor B'stard.

5. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The police are going to be under severe pressure now after this.

6. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    It's a real pity about that man, but I can understand why they shot him. If he had a bomb he could have killed them and others. The officers are now likely to face criminal proceedings.

Britain is going mad now TBH, everyone is paranoid about bombs. This morning I was evacuated from my flat, and assumed it must be a bomb but it turned out to be a huge fire, with gas cylinders.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4710099.stm

Then later in a cafe there was a bag left unattended and people were calling out for whose it was as they thought it was a bomb.

7. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    and I was having an argument over this with my mate at work. Sayin that the British Police don't usually carry guns, and if they do they have a genuine reason for it. And a situation like this they would be basically 98% sure that they were right. Why was the guy wearing a heavy coat on a warm day? :confused:

8. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    that could have been nasty for you.

9. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Yeah I'm still out of the flat, we've had to move into Owens Park for the night. We were waiting for our story to come on the news, thinking it was a bomb.

10. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Good luck with that, I am sure the whole country is going to be jumpy. I felt the same after 9/11.

11. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    they wont stop you know.

It's not like they are at war because they want land or money (main reason for war), it's because they want to kill as many westeners as they can.

Idiots.