Off-Season Events at Blackbaud?

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by Chesco United, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi, I'm going to be in Charleston, SC, next weekend, and was wondering what events would be going on at the stadium then I took a quick look at the team website and didn't see anything major coming up. Is the stadium open during the off-season? My understanding is that the Three Lions Pub is for members only :( . Thanks for your help, and good luck to the Battery in 2005!

2. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I don't think anything is going on, the stadium is pretty much only used by the Battery during their season, although a few special events do get staged there from time to time. The men's Southern Conference tournament just wrapped up yesterday. And the 3 Lions is only open on game days during the season so, you won't be able to have a pint. Guess you'll just have to schedule another visit during the season. :D

3. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another option is to rent out the pub and then invite some Bigsoccer posters who live in the area to watch whatever is on FSW that weekend. ;)

A casual converation I had recently with a Battery employee who handles the renting made it sound like most of Dec. was booked up with various organizations and companies Holiday parties though so at fast
    :D

Check your PMs Chesco!

4. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Luckily, my brother should be stationed at Goose Creek for the next year or so, which should enable me to come down during the A-League, er, First Division season.

5. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I visited the Charleston area this past weekend, and very much enjoyed it. I was able to visit Blackbaud Stadium. I'm wondering, are there any plans for an exit off of I-526 closer to the stadium? I'm guessing the roads to the stadium get pretty backed up on game days. I'm also presuming that one should get tickets well in advance. Thanks for your help.

6. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad you enjoyed it. I'd you just look around from the outside or did you get a chance to get inside?

Traffic surprisingly isn't too bad. Their are two exits you can reach the stadium from. It does get backed up right around game time but with some people tailgating and the Three Lions pub being open 1 1/2 hors before the match and well after matches I haven't had too much trouble.

Their was a concert at the stadium in Oct. (Cake, Cowboy Mouth, Pat McGee and Will Hoge) that attracted 6,000+ and traffic was a problem then but everyone arrived and left at the sametime. There was talk afterwards about setting up shuttle service beteen the Daniel Island shopping area and the stadium for event like that.

As for tickets in advance, Blackbaud has sold out a few times but they have always sold overflow or standing only tickets (for behind the goals) The West side club seats sold out with season tickets last year but normally you can get a ticket on game day.

mikey

7. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the outside, though I did get some decent pictures near the gates. Good to know that tickets aren't that hard to come by.