Of course he was coming here being Fab!

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, May 27, 2018.

1. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  2. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I haven't seen this player linked before.

Liverpool are close to signing Fabinho for an initial £39.3m. [Paul Joyce]

Fábio Henrique Tavares (born 23 October 1993), commonly known as Fabinho, is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays as a right back or as a defensive midfielder for Monaco in Ligue 1, and for the Brazilian national team.

3. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I Keita admit I know Fekir all about him.

B.A., usscouse and LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  4. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’s really really good. But after TAAs emergence I’d be surprised unless they envision TAA to be a midfielder.

5. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh his being a midfielder. He has a goal record as good as Benteke's, pretty much.

StiltonFC repped this.
  6. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'd expect we're after him to play mf and the fact he's versatile enough to also play rb fits well into the type of profile Klopp seems to like in his players .

7. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Maddock saying deal done

David Maddock‏ @MaddockMirror 32m
    Fee for Fabinho agreed in principle, will be announced as early as tomorrow morning. Deal (in Euros) is as follows: 45m up front, with further 5m maximum in achievement-related bonus payments. @LFC made first approach last summer, and have maintained contact with Monaco since

8. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And opposition forums have just gone into meltdown. Quite the u turn from gloating over our misery.

usscouse, Wingtips1, newterp and 2 others repped this.
  9. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    We have a couple fairly reliable sources so seems to point to Fabinho happening. I like the fact we're moving quickly to secure targets before the WC.

who is next ? Fekir , Lascelles ,a keeper ?

10. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh 'Tips,,,,,'Tips... you reading this stuff about Fabinho? BLASPHEMY, correct?

Hehehehe....:)

Just yankin' your chain my friend...

Wingtips1 repped this.
  11. Upper Ninety

Upper Ninety Member

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Hope so Speker, however, I have just a gut feeling Fekir isn't happening. Or it will draw out until WC and if he surges we'll withdraw due to his rise in stock. I always thought Keita was going to be more or less the defensive minded midfielder that has the ability to go forward on the counter. That is what he is great at. So This Fabinho signing if true is definitely a surprise.

12. Upper Ninety

Upper Ninety Member

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
  13. Upper Ninety

Upper Ninety Member

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Watching a bit of him...he is a running pair of stilts!

14. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Proper old school Liverpool transfer. Not a whiff until it was almost done :eek:

Wingtips1, delaynomo, SamScouse and 2 others repped this.
  15. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. bayern is god

bayern is god Member+

May 26, 2007
    india
    Oh My Word.

The Dream Midfield Signing United Supporters wanted in the last transfer Window to free up Pogba and they've been Raving about his Qualities and We Poach Him.

Naby Keita and Fabinho is a SERIOUS UPGRADE on Hendo/Wij/Can.

Now Sign a Keeper and Lets Forget Kiev.

B.A., Wingtips1 and Suss repped this.
  17. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Jurgen Klopp believes new boy Fabinho's versatility can make him a key asset for Liverpool next season.

The Reds completed a shock move for the defensive midfielder when they announced on Sunday they had agreed a deal worth an initial £39.3million – rising to a potential £43.7m with bonuses – with Monaco.

The 24-year-old had been tracked by a number of leading European clubs with Manchester United and Atletico Madrid thought favourites for his signature.

Liverpool, though, moved quickly to complete the transfer having initially registered an interest in the player last year.

And with Fabinho, capped four times by Brazil, also capable of playing as a box-to-box midfielder and right-back, Klopp is delighted with his first summer signing of the summer.

“He has ability and mentality to play at the highest level in a number of positions,” said the Reds boss. “He can play ‘6’, ‘8’ and ‘2’. This is cool.

“He is tactically very strong and football smart. I think he improves our squad and there aren’t that many players you can say that about in this moment, because the quality we have already is so high.

“I like that he is young yet experienced also, with a high number of games at a club that compete to win. Also, international caps for Brazil tells you something about him.

“This signing gives us new opportunities and for that I am excited. I’m sure our supporters will make him very welcome and at home at our wonderful club and in our amazing city.”

Fabinho will officially become a Liverpool player on July 1 when he will be joined by fellow midfielder Naby Keita as Klopp looks to overhaul the engine room with Emre Can off to Juventus, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain out until at least November, Adam Lallana having struggled to regain sharpness after a season decimated by injury and James Milner 33 in January.

“We have signed a fantastic player, but someone who is an equally fantastic person I think,” added Klopp, speaking to liverpoolfc.com .

“His reputation as a character in the dressing room and his attitude in training has come through from everyone we speak to.
    He has a lovely family also – adding a person like this to our dressing room only makes us even stronger.

“What we have – in terms of our environment at Melwood and in the team – means anyone coming in must be of that build. They must be the highest quality person and player.”

18. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Fabinho was in talks with several clubs, including Man United and previously Man City, but after meeting Klopp, told his agent to break off all other contact

:sneaky:

StiltonFC, Red Bird, usscouse and 3 others repped this.
  19. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    This...I love it! :thumbsup::D

20. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  21. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    And out of the blue Liverpool sign Fabinho for 40mill (replacement of Can)....Klopp is more happy that he can play 2, 6 & 8.....so defensive midfielder in some aspect

liverbird repped this.
  22. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that’s the #6 sorted

23. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    #23 Donfather, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
    Ox out until the TAIL end of november, can(NOT) sign for us and fancied an old lady and Adam is as fit as a LLAMA than his 2016-2017 form so it makes sense.....klopp wants a bigger squad

24. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    What the deuce? My msg just jumped threads

25. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

:D

StiltonFC, imasyko and Donfather repped this.