ODU hosts UNC-W, VCU this weekend

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by ODUwildman, Oct 7, 2003.

1. ODUwildman

ODUwildman New Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Lancaster, Pa.
    Two big games in the CAA for Old Dominion as my fellow Monarchs host UNCW and VCU at the ODU Soccer Stadium.

Student support is gaining and the area is starting to notice as I heard some info about the Men's team on the local sports radio station down here.

Not bad, considering all they normally plug is the women's basketball program (Which has seen better days).

I'm cursing my job right now for scheduling me during both games, let alone the baseball playoffs.

Damned working in the media!

Go Monarchs...

JB

2. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    The 'Narchs should have little trouble with UNC-W but VCU will not be an easy game.

I would expect, at the very least, that the shutout streak ends here and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Rams came away with a win or tie.

Of course, ODU could also win 3-0. Regardless, it should be a very good game.

Is ODU's succcess creating a buzz on campus and in the local media and how are the crowds for their games. If they don't turn out for the VCU game, there isn't much hope!

3. ODUwildman

ODUwildman New Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Lancaster, Pa.
    We're on Fall Break, so the crowd (averaging about 500-600 range) won't be huge... I'm curious to see how it is tonight (although I'm at work)

JB