October Friendlies (Chile & Algeria)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Froboy69, Sep 10, 2019.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    can we stop playing in yellow!!

we always play better in blue and don’t look like fkin clowns!!!

what other country walks around in their flag!!

2. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You've said a lot of stupid stuff to complain about but this is my favorite....

J-Mezzy, Bomb8 and sidspaceman repped this.
  3. Jace

Jace Member

Oct 19, 2014
    I think the main issue here is like you said, he likes box to box midfielders. We don't have many of those in this generation.

4. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It’s a friendly - no need to panic. Although I don’t like these yellow kits either.

Maybe it has to do with those Banana Republic - like photos the players took with the shirts a year or two ago. LOL

5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #205 pepinointer, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    And because of his stubborn preferences of box to box we cant discard to have our most talented players...

Jace repped this.
  6. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Didnt watch the game..by the sounds of it I should be glad. Was it really that bad?

7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don’t get how Jairo is better then Uribe or

martinsz > Díaz

also Martínez seems like a shit head. First the child support things and now what are a happening at his club

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #208 pepinointer, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    Meh we can say that we dominate the game...

But we didnt create clear options ....all were shots of our players from difficult angles with very few people attacking.....

colombianballa91 repped this.
  9. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So what we had today? Usually I don't like to take friendly so seriously, for good or worse. Clearly we were the better side and without James, Quintero or Falcao. The worry thing is that even when we were much better we couldn't win or score. The team played well, more in the first half, yet for me it's hard to watch them without any creative player. I like the offensive trio (James supposed to get in instead of Roger) but our offensive game under Queiroz is a bit worry. 14 goals in 11 matches with our offensive tools is a bad statistic.

On the other hand, another solid performance defensively, again, Queiroz style. 9 games with clean sheet and today Chile didn't even had one shot on target. several commentators already mentioned it and it's true. We lack full backs. We basically play with four CB's and they can't bring us what Zuñiga, Armero or Arias brought to the offensive part. Queiroz will have to give the chance to players like Orejuela, Borja and to bring Arias the confidence back.

I like also the midfield. I think Barrios, Yairo (great surprise) and Cuadrado had a good game, Cuadrado had a wonderful chance at the beginning where he should pass the ball to Duvan but again made the wrong decision. He can be wonderful playmaker if he'll start to take the good decisions during the game.

In general I was disappointed because of the result, but positive for the future.

10. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Im torn

I do like his efficiency and that the team.plays organized

But we need talent. James and Arias need to play.

I wouldn't panic We have scored goals except against 2 teams that always give us problems. But again im only hopeful assuming James and Arias return...otherwise i am concerned cuz we simply don't have the talent to score much without them

dapip repped this.
  11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Im not so confident that the problem will be solved easy with james presence

This guy feels confortable to attack with maximun 3 players in the other area......the forward is receiving the ball in positions where he isnt dangerous very far away from the goal....and that isnt an issue of bad service....is that the team attack with few players and that is predictable for opponents

Ps: this shitty full backs are his style..he is hapoy with them

J-Mezzy and pibe10 repped this.
  12. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I know he is happy with them because first he thinks how NOT to concede and this is the problem. With duo like Mina and Davinson he can afford to himself much more offensive full backs, at least in most of fhe games. Both Tesillo and Medina won't offer him nothing up front.

As for James or Quintero, they are players who can be tie breakers and score goals out of nowhere or put a through ball when the game is closed. We must have creative players but as long that he doesn't lose, I don't think he'll change his style. James will play when he'll be back, but the system...a bit problematic.

13. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I just forgot about something: any news on Zapata? Is he fine and they just wanted to play it safe or does he have an actual injury?

14. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Froboy69 repped this.
  15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah james and quintero with a geniality and talent could save us .....but that isnt the idea of a good team....so we have to resing that to score our players have to make genialitys...

When people say that this is good because we have to learn to play without james.....is like we are playing like river plate that always attacks easy despite their injuries and the exits of players......with colombia isnt happening that

16. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    14 shots and 6 on target

I don't think we are doing as bad as some people make it seem. Let's not forget with the previous regime it was looking bad. We couldn't score nor keep other trat from scoring. The team is able to build quick counter attacks. I think his biggest issue is not having at least one attacking fullback.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #217 HomietheClown, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    I hear everyone blaming the manager but Chile had a decent team out there with Rueda who knows us better than Queiroz does.

It also does not help that our best and only true target man on the roster had to go due to injury. Morelos was not bad but I don't think anyone expected him to come in so early which kind of threw things off and we had to adjust to plan B so quickly offensively. (And I don't think Morelos is truly a Plan B in the long run but that is just my opinion. )

James of course can make this team play well but Chile had him silenced in the Copa so maybe he would not have made a difference.
    Don't think Arias brings much more offensively either and the Manager likes Medina better anyway.

I am not going to take much from this match. Definitely not going to say we are regressing. Just experimenting. And we will probably see many more experiments on Tuesday. Once March comes along I will judge whether or not we are progressing or regressing.

Furnaccio repped this.
  18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #218 pepinointer, Oct 13, 2019
    Yeah parrot. 14 shots and 6 on target. That is a superficial read of the stats and not of the match.

Only were 2 clear chances that bravo make a big effort.

The other were shots from difficult angles that was o difficult to be scored and every spectator never thought would be goal.

There wasnt a one to one in all the match...not a good center to our 9 in movement...if we cant attack confortable is that we arent attacking well

Yeah you can repeat like a parrot that bold numbers and happy ignore that werent clear options. Those 6 shots on target wont be included in a highlights production...because only 2 were an approximation of goal.

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pff no excuse of the opponent.

Chile have been very weak this year. In last month they LOST AGAINST HONDURAS ....this year have lost agisnt mexico, peru and morr.

Only have defeated japan u 23, haiti and ecuador....

The only good match that they probably have was agunst is in copa america....

Isnt an excuse that we have chile as opponent.

20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    IT does not matter how they play against other opponents. What matters is how they match up against us tactically, skill wise and style wise. It also matters that their manager has familiarity with our players and style for the most part.

Venezuela gives up problems and loses to bad teams all the time so your way of thinking is meaningless to me.

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ah also venezuela, so we have been struggling aginst two teams that have been bad this year. Nice.

Chile isnt being good a team since rueda is inthe charge....not is playing good.....isnt a secret ....is silly use level of chile of excuse when even Honduras defeated them a month ago.

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Futbol is about form, strategies and how teams match up against each other. Not saying hey this team struggled against a bad team so that means a better team should beat them.
    It is not that simple.

23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It does not matter if a team has struggles this year or 10 years or a million years.
    If a team has physical qualities or technical qualities or tactical qualities that match up well with another team they can play well against them no matter if they are on a million game losing streak against other opponents.

24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Chiles form with rueda have been horrible isnt because honduras match. Yesterday bad level just reaffirmed of what happened during the last years.....not was because colombia just made a partidazo and distroyed chile solid moment.

There is no excuse of the opponent ( with brasil there was and the match was good)

If a team isnt in good form for more than a year , there havent been a problem to defeat.

Use the "quality of chile" in this moment isnt a good excuse. Follow the campaing of them

25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #225 HomietheClown, Oct 13, 2019
    You are a parrot now repeating the same thing you hypocrite.
    I am also a parrot too in saying that Chile matches up well with us and has a manager who knows us well. That is a valid point and a factor that I take into account. You do not obviously. I do not care anymore.

Moving on...
    ...What is encouraging though is that this time we seemed to control the game much better when compared to the Copa America when they set the pace and tempo.
    But that can also be attributed to it being just a friendly with less of a competitive edge to it.

On to Algeria and to seeing if the benchers/subs can separate themselves or make themselves known in some debut cases.

Furnaccio and minus repped this.