Oct. 15th Open Cup Final at Giants Stadium

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by firefan2001, Sep 26, 2003.

1. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Only moronic soccer officials would trade a 40k+ crowd for a 7-10k crowd...

There are some power trip egos that need some serious reeming here.

And if they bowed to Fox on this, then they are beyond moronic.....we are talking a game here that will draw a .0000001 rating, right? A blank TV screen can draw a mid-week FSN rating for US soccer (sorry to say). who/why are you catering to TV for that

Oh yeah, its going to look REAL CREDIBLE to have 70k empty seats at a US Soccer Championship...just more ammo for soccer haters.....in this case, soccer gets (the coverage) it deserves..

2. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    I dont get FSW so that would be sweet.

3. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    Me neither.

4. We are planning on sitting in Section 117. See road trip therad for details.

5. We are planning on sitting in Section 117. See road trip therad for details.

6. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Is there an echo in here?

7. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Agreed, but they would also have to cut that gate with 2 other teams, no?

Well, maybe. This is the same federation that put a WCQ on at 10AM at RFK for ESPN to cover college football, so they've done worse.

8. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    It would be 2 other teams, but the rent on Soldier Field has to be a hell of a lot less than the Meadowlands. I may be wrong, but I don't think it'll be possible to turn a profit in NY even with a good turnout.

9. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    How many of those ticket holders for Mex-UR would be willing to pony up another $20 for the OC match?

No one can say how many, but I would guess NOT many.

10. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    They wouldn't have put up another 20 bucks. They started selling tickets some time ago for the Mexico-Uruguay game.