Obama West Ham Link in NY Daily News

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by Batcave Brigade, Jan 2, 2009.

1. claret50

claret50 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  2. eintracht.19

eintracht.19 New Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Toms River, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    in the article it mentioned hammer supporters at Nevada smiths. Is that like a weekly west ham haven or was that a one time thing

3. roso13

roso13 New Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Am new member so can't start new thread for this, perhaps one you guys guys could bump it up for me?

I'm a broadcast journalism student in London, UK, and am doing a quick radio piece on whether Obama is or isn't a Hammers Fan.

I'd love to do a phone interview with a Hammers fan in the US about this, and what it's like keeping up with the team from the states - what advice you guys could give the new Prez.

I'd call the willing fan from a studio at college and record it. It's not for live, just for a minute's package. Whole thing shouldn't take up more than 5 minutes of someone's time. But I need it for Weds, so tomorrow would be when I need to do it. And I know it's the big day...

Whatcha reckon - all offers of help greatly appreciated.

Roso13:rolleyes:

4. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I suggest you send a private message to Batcave. Look on the clubs site as well: they've extended an open invitation to Obama next time he's in the country. In fact why dont you phone the club?

5. Frieslander

Frieslander Member
    Staff Member

Feb 14, 2000
    North Jersey
    If the match is on Setanta or Fox Soccer Channel then their is a "NYC Hammers" gathering at Nevada Smith's to watch it.

6. speedy808

speedy808 Member

Jan 9, 2004
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's a fun sidenote to think of Obama as a Hammers supporter, but there seems to be a perception (or hope) that Obama has working class roots.

The fact is, he went to Punahou, which is the poshest, upper-crust school here in Hawaii. At the complete opposite end of the spectrum from where I went to school.

For the most part, you need a good chunk of change to be enrolled there.

Just saying. :)

7. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So where does the family money come from? Not dad surely?