PBP: O44: E1.Netherlands - Japan.D2

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by Gilmoy, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Great story!

And yes, that shark autograph would be very interesting to see. :thumbsup:

kolabear, blissett and MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    so you think this coach is not going to get fired? Earlier this year Japan had the lead going into the last game at She Believes Cup, but the coach puts in an inexperienced lineup which pormptly gets clobbered by England 3-0

Ok, so the SBC isn't as important as the WC, but the coach either has a fallout or refuses to pick several prominent players in the current NWSL, like Kawasumi, Nakasato(believe she led the league in assists) Kinga. Not wanting to pick your best has to fall on her

pierre bezukhov repped this.
  3. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    She will not get fired. Only a very poor performance at the Olympics next year will see her lose her job.

You have to realise that the SBC was just a testing ground for young players. Whether they won or lost was not important. Her mandate appears to have been to develop Japan's young talent. People have been saying that they are looking towards next year's olympics, but I would say the next world cup is probably the goal.

Of the three players you name only Nagasato could honestly be considered for a position in the squad. The other two (Kawasumi, Kinga) were great players, but are passed their prime. Nagasato essentially quit Nadeshiko because results - for Takakura - were no longer important. But in a recent article she has come out and said she would like to play again. I think she would be a fantastic addition to the team, but we will have to see if Takakura picks her.

If you followed the Nadeshiko thread you would have read a lot of complaints about Takakura. It probably reached its apotheosis after the England game. Some of her decisions tactically were perplexing to say the least. Starting members playing out of position in a formation (I believe) that does not get the best out of her players (4-4-2).

The thing is she has been doing this for three years now.

Kakeru and blissett repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Before the game when both teams checked the stadium...

Thanks at @Dernhelm for finding this! :)

kolabear, Frysk Bloed, Dernhelm and 2 others repped this.
  5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am not sure I am able to upload the photo, so tell me if you see it, guys!

[​IMG]

By the way, of course Aya Sameshima, as met in person, is the kindest person on earth. She was happy to have a photo with me and to make this masterpiece of an autograph, since I had expressely asked for the "Shark" version of it. :giggle:

6. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is hilarious! (Yes, we can see it.)

kolabear and blissett repped this.
  7. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #332 Slowpokeking, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    I think the team needs a bit more physical strength and improve their finishing. Nagasato was such a ruthless finisher.

Yeah as Chinese American i can understand the text.

Also may I ask, why did Iwabuchi leave Bayern and go back to Japan?

Kakeru and blissett repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not sure if it's the only reason, but mostly because she was plagued by injuries (as she more or less was throughout her entire career so far :unsure:).