NYRB vs. whoever is left (R)

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by j1mbr0wn, Oct 10, 2009.

1. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does it really matter now that we can't even finish above last?

Should we even bother to post?

2. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A new stadium about to be completed, a team with an "interim" head coach, an inept and ineffectual general manager supposedly on his way out, an upcoming expansion draft, an upcoming college draft, a former draft pick in Jack Traynor back in camp as well as goalkeeper Sewell, a new overlord in charge in Beiersdorfer(sp?). There's plenty to post about.

If you're only considering the last two games left this season, meh not much. Although the last game at the sh@thole ought to be something to post about. We still can break another league record, least amount of goals scored in a season. As bad as our overall defense has been this season our offense has been worse.

3. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Hey, hey, hey...we have to continuing posting asking to kick the Goos, Rojas, Goldwaiter, Boyen and a couple more around there, ...don't you remember?...

4. Nella FC 85

Nella FC 85 New Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Bayamon PR/NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes because our next 2 games are against bubble teams (RSL, TFC) and if we tie both games we kill their very slim chances of them getting into the playoffs and nothing would please me more knowing that our team kept 2 others teams home for the playoffs :D:D

5. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's the thing. I'm a fan, so of course I'll be watching and attending the last few games. I'll be as vocal and supportive as always.

But, even if the team digs in and pulls off two more wins, I don't want the next coach to think that it was just mismanagement that kept the team down. This team let me down this year, and I don't want that message to be lost on them.

Basically, the team better play their asses off. They owe that to us. But even that is cheating us out of what they really owe us.

They better damn well pay up next year, or I will lead the charge in harrassing individual players on the field next year.