NYRB Baby Bulls take home the conference title

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by msilverstein47, Jul 11, 2012.

1. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats go out to both Woly and his U23s Baby Bulls who beat NYAC 5-1 this evening at Harrison (NJ) High School in the final match of the regular season and bring home the NPSL conference title!!! It looks like that they will match up against the Morris County (NJ) Colonials in the next round of the playoffs. If they can win their next 2 games, they will be in the NPSL Final 4.

2. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Way to go Woly!! Excellent job with the potential next generation of Red Bulls!!:thumbsup::)

msilverstein47 repped this.
  3. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw some pretty decent talent out there...

http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/leagues/npsl2.php?article_id=30803

stay tuned as the Morris County (NJ) Colonials say that the date of their playoff match vs. the Baby Bulls has not yet been confirmed. And in my looking over the NPSL schedule, the Colonials were to play their last regular-season match this Sunday. Welcome to the minor-leagues as they work out the "kinks"!

4. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great news here.

5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats to Woly and the Baby Bulls!

7. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Congrats Woly and the Baby Bulls! Woohoo!

8. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and Woly and his Baby Bulls win again...I suspect they will play FC Sonic away next at Lehigh U with an appearance at the NPSL Final 4 in San Diego at stake. But I'm not exactly sure about Lehigh though...

http://www.npsl.info/home/645233.html

9. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC Sonic will host the NY Red Bulls U-23 team on Saturday July 21st,7pm, in the NPSL Northeast Conference Final. The winner will represent the NE region in the NPSL Championship on July 27-29 in San Diego, CA.

10. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC Sonic 3-2 over NYRB U23s in NPSL playoff action last evening at Lehigh University. They now advance to the NPSL Final Four in San Diego. Woly had a wonderful season with his Baby Bulls, I'm certain that we haven't heard the last of him in the coaching ranks.

12. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing to be ashamed of--what a great year for Woly and the Red Bulls youth team. You should be proud of your hard work guys!!:thumbsup:

13. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The NPSL is pleased to announce that the following 8 teams will be participating in the 100th edition of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup:
    New York Red Bulls U-23s
    Brooklyn Italians
    Chattanooga FC
    FC Hasental
    FC Lehigh Valley United Sonic
    Georgia Revolution
    Madison 56ers
    Sacramento Gold
    Opponents as well as game times and dates will be determined by the draw that will take place in late April.

15. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I'm not mistaken this is the first time the Red Bulls U-23 team has ever qualified for the tournament. Kudos to Woly and all his young men for putting in a tremendous effort last season. They should have a goal of winning 2 to 3 games in the tournament.

As for the senior team--let's hope they don't bomb out of the tournament the way they have for the past several seasons.

16. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With our luck, the U23's will take the seniors out.

17. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    don't jinx it haha

18. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just found out it would only be possible in the final match. So, here's to the Red Bulls vs U23s in the Open Cup finals!

19. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A little preview from Michael Lewis and coach Simon Nee. Several academy players are set to feature, which can only be a positive for these guys. Besides Matt Miazga (who they might have forgot to mention in the article) majority if not all of the academy players who have featured in a reserve match this season are participating.

20. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I mean I'm very high on our current crop. And with good reason as they have been getting results and press.

Allen, Bedoya, Najem, Decker, Miazga, Muyl, Castano, Moreno, Metzger...

I've read or seen good things about all these guys at some point and I don't keep up on the academy/reserves all that much. I think we've got a VERY good chance of 2-3 of these guys becoming solid pros and a chance of at least 1 of them being an impact player.

Question: Since Moreno and Castano are signed to the full team are they allowed to compete with the U23's?

Wish we could watch this game Tuesday...

21. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i would think they would be cup tied if they played for the U23's. For Castano that would not be a big deal because I don't think he will feature much this season, but Moreno might get time in the cup with the senior squad so I doubt they would use him.

22. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Speaking about the reserves does anybody know anything about Miazga? Has anyone watched him?

Maybe he gets a crack at it against NE considering our thin depth at the position?